Why?

RushRevisited

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Oct 16 2004, 07:42 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Oct 16 2004, 02:35 PM)
I suppose I'll just have to hope we win the lottery before the next tour

Then again, I am fortunate enough, as you said, to see them regularly. So I guess I should just count my lucky stars.

Dean Freidman rules!!!

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Oct 15 2004, 10:37 PM)
A thread here inspired me to pop in Rush In Rio again. Just saw Natural Science and cannot fathom why this song was dumped from the setlist this tour. GOD I hope they bring this back next time around. What musical inspiration, man... An absolutely kick ass song, played to perfection....

I died when I saw the setlist and saw that this song was removed but it was great to see Between The Wheels live

I also hope we will see NS again

1022.gif

QUOTE (HAZMAT001 @ Oct 17 2004, 09:42 PM)
A thread here inspired me to pop in Rush In Rio again.  Just saw Natural Science and cannot fathom why this song was dumped from the setlist this tour.  GOD I hope they bring this back next time around.  What musical inspiration, man... An absolutely kick ass song, played to perfection....

I died when I saw the setlist and saw that this song was removed but it was great to see Between The Wheels live

I also hope we will see NS again

1022.gif

As I've said many times, I hope we get to see 2.gif again.

It doesn't matter what they play.

All the shows were almost sold out. Initially, there were only one show arranged for Wembley and one for Birmingham but tickets sold so quickly that extra dates were added. I went to the Wembley box office the morning after the second date was announced and the majority of seats were already sold. Even though they don't make too much of a dint in the album charts, there is still a fanatical following over here desperate to see them in concert.

A thread here inspired me to pop in Rush In Rio again. Just saw Natural Science and cannot fathom why this song was dumped from the setlist this tour. GOD I hope they bring this back next time around. What musical inspiration, man... An absolutely kick ass song, played to perfection....

"we'd like to play something else from our Permanent Waves album, it's a little bit different....this is called Natural Science!"....yeah, thats what Geddy said in 1980...so you see, even Geddy new it was novel back then!

Anyway, so everyone is right when they imply there is no grounds to complain for leaving NS out ot the set...but if ya I had to pick...I would replace it for: Limelight, Dreamline, and Animate...I would trade NS for those 3 tempted.gif

The simple fact of the matter is that, no matter what they do, they ain't gonna please everyone. Even ifthey were on stage for three weeks and played every single song they had ever recorded there would still be some moans. (I've come across a couple of complete Counterparts haters who remain a case in point).

Sad but true.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Oct 18 2004, 08:02 AM)
The simple fact of the matter is that, no matter what they do, they ain't gonna please everyone. Even ifthey were on stage for three weeks and played every single song they had ever recorded there would still be some moans. (I've come across a couple of complete Counterparts haters who remain a case in point).

Sad but true.

I wouldnt mind if Rush played Entre Nous 40 times in a row for one single concert that I got to see and then never played it again

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Oct 16 2004, 05:55 AM)
I love Natural Science. It has to be the second biggest thrill for me at a Rush concert. The biggest was hearing The Analog Kid on the CP tour. Back then the internet wasn't as huge, so the set list was never known before the show. When they busted into TAK I almost had an out of body experience. This was when I was still in High School and had only discovered them from fellow drummers a couple of years earlier...so at that period they were the mightiest of God's in my eyes. At this point and having many friends in the industry I know I will never have that feeling again to that extreme. Crazy. Natural Science is a real close second...hell who am I kidding, there's no way to have a favorite or second favorite Rush song. If you think you do you are subconsciously letting yourself be fooled because you are tired of pondering the question.

Anyways, back to the point...as if I ever touched on one....I'm glad they don't play The Analog Kid and NS every tour. If they did those moments that are memories would lose some sort of credibility. For example....I love the setlists they produce, but the songs that are the staples don't do much for me anymore. I couldn't be happier that they ditched Closer To The Heart. Let me put it like this, and you know what I mean. At a Rush show there are songs that just drive you crazy with excitement , "can't stop moving" ... and there are others that you love, but you're cool with using them as your catch your breath time.

For F's sake, am I making any sense to anyone?

Dude, I had that same feeling when they played the Analog Kid on CP tour.. My jaw hit the floor.. It was so awesome. TAK and NS are in my top 3 Rush songs.

Now this past tour Between the Wheels was that song.. Strickly because they never play it!! I love that song, but if they played it every tour I wouldn't have been near as excited about it!

Back in 96 when I heard NS was being played on T4E tour, I was totally stoked 'cause they hadn't played it since MP tour (and I had never heard it live at this point).. So that was HUGE!! But now since they played it on T4E and VT (plus we have it on DS and RIR) it's not as big a deal to me that they skipped it this time around. It's all about hearing something you haven't heard in a long time, or ever!! For me that is always the best part of their shows.

Tom Saywer, Spirit of Radio. Two of the greatest songs ever! Do I need to hear them every show? No.

:smoke: :clap: :smoke: :givebeer:

It was played on the T4E tour, and played on the VT tour. I guess they decided if they wanted to fit Xanadu in the mix, they would have to drop something. Thats what it came down to. They love playing this song and I am sure that it will not be the last time we hear it. But every once and a while they have to mix up the setlist to bring something new in, this year just happened to be that time.

I'm just wondering when they will drop La Villa and what they will put in in its place.

So, are we talking about why it wasn't played on R30? Where in the OP does it state this? He/She only says "This tour". FWIW it was also played during S&A. Personally, I think it's kick ass, but I'd rather a song they haven't played in awhile. I'm getting to the point where I like deep cuts better than fan favorites. I'm not even sure Natural Science counts as a "fan favorite" though. Mebbe it does.....

My favorite things about the S&A and CA tours is the set lists were packed with about 50% new songs and "songs they haven't played in a quarter of a century".

Clem