"O Baterista" or "Der Trommler"

schoey

Whioh is better?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Whioh is better?

• O Baterista
    • Der Trommler

I thought "Der Trommler" dragged a bit in a couple of spots, and Neil gave the orchestra slam section (the section just before the big band ending) a different feel than he did in "Baterista," and I didn't like it as much. Overall, "O Baterista" is more punchy, so I give it the edge.

damn that's a hard decision unsure.gif

Neil's a badass anyway, but i went with Der Trommler cause of the keyboard stuff from "Pieces of Eight" That melody is so cool!

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Dec 27 2005, 09:27 PM)
damn that's a hard decision unsure.gif
Neil's a badass anyway, but i went with Der Trommler cause of the keyboard stuff from "Pieces of Eight" That melody is so cool!

Pieces of Eight? Enlighten me, please wink.gif

Tough decision! For me, they are the same. They share a lot! Jeez, they are the same whole but arranged in a bit different way. The sequence of elements incorporated is changed and that's all! The order presented in O'Baterista appeals to me more, that's why I put my precious laugh.gif vote on that one. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Der Trommler. It just sounded better. And Becasue they did "Mystic Rhythms" before it, he was on his electric set, so he could get that part outta the way im not a big electric fan), and in O'Baterista he switches alot. Im sure these are in all his drum solos, but I find his "switch arm" thing is amazing.

QUOTE (Vicious @ Jan 30 2006, 08:10 PM)
QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Dec 27 2005, 09:27 PM)
damn that's a hard decision  unsure.gif

Pieces of Eight? Enlighten me, please wink.gif

A solo recorded by Neil which incorporates a lot of use of the midi-marimba.

It's also an album by Styx.

That's really a hard one! But O Baterista really blew me away when I heard it live the first time.

O Baterista here...I much prefer the sound of the kit, I like starting with the front/go to the back/then return to the front, I prefer the phrasing of the horn section...the marimba part from "Pieces of Eight" feels totally out of place to me in "Der Trommler"...don't get me wrong, "Der Trommler" is an awe-inspiring piece of work, I'm just over-analyzing things...

Der Trommler. It's the latest solo therefore it is the better of the two. Also the dream drum kit is so awesome. Always striving to get better, that's Neil Peart.