The Grammatical Game!

Steel Rat

Here is a not-so-classic game. Ok, it's actually brand new and I made it up. The basics - try to post in here, making as few grammatical and spelling errors as possible. Those who post the most, point out the most errors, and make the fewest errors do the best. Get picky, point out everything, no matter how extremely small. Yes, sorry, this has nothing to do with Rush or music! It's still fun, though! This is one word game that I'm actually a little good at. cool.gif Good luck!

So, how many errors were in there?

Come on! Bring it!

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Dec 5 2005, 09:17 PM)
Here is a not-so-classic game. Ok, it's actually brand new and I made it up. The basics - try to post in here, making as few grammatical and spelling errors as possible. Those who post the most, point out the most errors, and make the fewest errors do the best. Get picky, point out everything, no matter how extremely small. Yes, sorry, this has nothing to do with Rush or music! It's still fun, though! This is one word game that I'm actually a little good at.  cool.gif Good luck!

The only one I can be sure about is the absence of a comma after "brand new."

confused13.gif How many are there? If you tell me, I will try to find more.

I believe the comma after "brand new" is not required to be grammatically correct,it depends on whether you subscribe to the use of the "Oxford comma" or not: a comma before an "and".

If I made any grammatical errors, I'd be failing the game! The point is to not make any errors. If my personal checking is correct, then the amount of errors I made in the first post is...

0!

well i never,i nevver make arrors when eye poast,i fynd this xtreamlly inculting,sew thare!!!!!

tongue.gif I'm not even going to try. I think those are easily visible to everyone!

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 8 2005, 09:29 AM)
well i never,i nevver make arrors when eye poast,i fynd this xtreamlly inculting,sew thare!!!!!

rofl3.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Tick you crack me up!!!!

Eff yew boyz don't stap weeth yer clownings 'round, om a tellin' the admonastratars! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Dec 5 2005, 11:17 PM)
Here is a not-so-classic game. Ok, it's actually brand new and I made it up. The basics - try to post in here, making as few grammatical and spelling errors as possible. Those who post the most, point out the most errors, and make the fewest errors do the best. Get picky, point out everything, no matter how extremely small. Yes, sorry, this has nothing to do with Rush or music! It's still fun, though! This is one word game that I'm actually a little good at.   cool.gif Good luck!

Better English grammer would be the following:

This is one word game at which I am somewhat accomplished.

DON'T END A SENTENCE WITH A PREPOSITION!!!

bd.gif

And no porridge for you tonight!

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Dec 6 2005, 12:17 AM)
Here is a not-so-classic game. Ok, it's actually brand new and I made it up. The basics - try to post in here, making as few grammatical and spelling errors as possible. Those who post the most, point out the most errors, and make the fewest errors do the best. Get picky, point out everything, no matter how extremely small. Yes, sorry, this has nothing to do with Rush or music! It's still fun, though! This is one word game that I'm actually a little good at. cool.gif Good luck!

There should be a colon after "The basics," I think.

QUOTE (Inthend @ May 9 2006, 10:17 PM)
QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Dec 5 2005, 11:17 PM)
Here is a not-so-classic game. Ok, it's actually brand new and I made it up. The basics - try to post in here, making as few grammatical and spelling errors as possible. Those who post the most, point out the most errors, and make the fewest errors do the best. Get picky, point out everything, no matter how extremely small. Yes, sorry, this has nothing to do with Rush or music! It's still fun, though! This is one word game that I'm actually a little good at.   cool.gif Good luck!

Better English grammer would be the following:

This is one word game at which I am somewhat accomplished.

DON'T END A SENTENCE WITH A PREPOSITION!!!

bd.gif

And no porridge for you tonight!

You mispelled grammar as "grammer".

QUOTE (MrEarley @ Jun 27 2006, 09:40 PM)
QUOTE (Clark3934 @ Jun 19 2006, 03:01 PM)

You mispelled grammar as "grammer".

You misspelled "mispelled". wink.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jan 1 2006, 12:38 AM)
You guys are way too educated!! Are you forgetting that most folks on this site are from Canada?

A serious upgrade from Tejas where I'm at BTW.

A fellow Texan? Awesome!

Texans or Cowboys?

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ May 6 2011, 08:17 PM)
QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jan 1 2006, 12:38 AM)
You guys are way too educated!!  Are you forgetting that most folks on this site are from Canada?

A serious upgrade from Tejas where I'm at BTW.

A fellow Texan? Awesome!

Texans or Cowboys?

Hey I'm Texan too! 1022.gif

Cowboys!