Fear

Gmoney84

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Feb 6 2008, 07:03 PM)
QUOTE (Retrospective @ Dec 25 2006, 01:57 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 6 2005, 01:31 AM)
So the triology of fear has 4 parts so I guess it's not called the trilogy of fear anymore because it should be called Quadilogy or something like that lol.  cool10.gif

I think Neil just used that term as a joke. He used it again too: another trilogy was the Gangster of Boats trilogy which consisted of Where's My Thing? (Roll the Bones, 1991) and Leave That Thing Alone (Counterparts, 1993).

I always thought that Limbo was part of that 'trilogy'. Sure seems to have some aquatic sounds don't you think? Where else would GOB come from? The fact that it would be the third, of four supposed parts, with the first the one named GOB's just makes it all the funnier. Just Lerxt having us on for taking it all so seriously IMO.

i didnt know leave that thing is in gangster.....where does it show this info?

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (o baterista @ Sep 13 2007, 08:40 AM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 6 2006, 04:11 PM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jan 6 2006, 02:33 PM)
I believe it should be called the Fear tetralogy...

The Enemy Within and The Weapon are the best, I think, so you should check them out...

The Weapon! Now there's a song they should pull out of the vault for the next tour! 1022.gif

And have Count Floyd introduce......with 3d glasses... 1022.gif

That would be cool!

QUOTE (phantomfears @ Mar 3 2008, 07:55 PM)
QUOTE (Vicious @ Jan 31 2006, 01:12 AM)
Freeze - Part IV of Trilogy... Sounds familiar smile.gif

Yup it sounds a bit Douglas Adamsy. boarder.gif

YES! THANK YOU! rage.gif wacko.gif

(I've said that once before, but apparently it went unnoticed)

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 6 2005, 12:31 AM)
So the triology of fear has 4 parts so I guess it's not called the trilogy of fear anymore because it should be called Quadilogy or something like that lol. cool10.gif

while we're on the subject, I have a question. It's not worth starting a new thread over, but what happened to the ganster of boats trilogy??

Roll The Bones

Where's My Thing? (instrumental 3:49)

(Part IV, "Gangster Of Boats" Trilogy)

that is the only mention I remember, and it has 4 parts apparently!

QUOTE (SeahawkRush @ Mar 3 2008, 05:29 PM)
So the triology of fear has 4 parts so I guess it's not called the trilogy of fear anymore because it should be called Quadilogy or something like that lol.  cool10.gif

while we're on the subject, I have a question. It's not worth starting a new thread over, but what happened to the ganster of boats trilogy??

Roll The Bones

Who knows, I hope they bring it back.

To answer the question about where Gangster of Boats came from, the boys would always joke that if they couldn't figure out a name for a song, they would call it The Gangster of Boats. It almost stayed that way too until the last minute they changed it to Wheres My Thing?.

QUOTE (SeahawkRush @ Mar 3 2008, 03:29 PM)

Roll The Bones

yea so its not real

QUOTE (mankad89 @ Jun 26 2009, 11:29 AM)
I saw it in one of the other subforums, I didn't know it was so old though, my bad.

Nothing worng with old threads, I liked the wiki article actually.

I was just asking.

QUOTE (o baterista @ Sep 13 2007, 09:40 AM)

The Enemy Within and The Weapon are the best, I think, so you should check them out...

The Weapon! Now there's a song they should pull out of the vault for the next tour! 1022.gif

And have Count Floyd introduce......with 3d glasses... 1022.gif

GOD, I WOULD FREAK IF THEY BROKE OUT THE OLD COUNT FLOYD VIDEO AND PLAYED THAT ON THE NEXT TOUR!!! (sorry, got a bit excited there...)

Edited by greg2112

well, idk if this is a dumb idea or not, but me and my brother are currently working on a song titled, "Part V of Fear"

it is obviously a Rush reference, and we are in the process of writing the song with intentions of recording.

I'd like to add that we are not a rock band or a band for that matter, neither of us play instruments.

I compose music and beats with FL Studio and write lyrics, while my brother co writes some lyrics and he is the main vocalist (wannabe rapper) lol

while I'm not a big fan of rap music, it is pretty much the only option we have when it comes to making music. we do it for our own entertainment, we have given away tracks to locals with mixed reviews. Some like it and some hate it! The lyrics are quite contraversial and innapropriate. With "Part V of Fear" we are cutting out that kind of lyrical content and writing so the song has meaning to not only us, but could have meaning to others as well.

If anybody is interested in hearing some stuff, there is a link in my sig.

Also, i'd like to add that im not trying to spam the board by advertising our music lol I found this thread and found it kinda relevant to post since us both being Rush fans, are taking the "Fear" concept/trilogy to a different level.

Plus we have gotten some people asking us what the song title means or where are the other parts. We proudly tell them we borrowed the name from Rush, and kindly ask them to look the band and the songs up.

anyways, after the song is complete, i would be more than glad to have anybody who thinks it may not be a total waste of their time or total crap listen to it.

They ARE the best, by far...

Yes!

My most favourite part of the 'Fear' series is probably Witch Hunt, because it's the first Rush song I ever heard.

Though it's hard to say with Freeze being there. I love that song too.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jan 31 2006, 09:35 AM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 31 2006, 09:26 AM)
QUOTE (Arndrake @ Jan 31 2006, 05:01 AM)
The funny part is that nobody ever said that Fear was just supposed to be a trilogy. It just worked out that Neil wrote and recorded part 3 first, followed by part 2, then part 1. Then, many years later, Fear is addressed again with part 4.

I think there may be more parts to Fear, especially since there are so many things within and without that people are afraid of. Fear is one of the most primal of emotions that most animals have.

Now we have to look more closely at Part IV of the Gangster of Boats Trilogy. What's that about? wacko.gif

And why, with two more consecutive instrumentals on the two releases that followed, did they not garner the Gangster of Boats name? confused13.gif

Perhaps the network decided to cancel the series. laugh.gif

Actually, they said it was a joke making fun of what they did with the fear trilogy/series.

QUOTE (mankad89 @ Jun 26 2009, 10:29 AM)
I saw it in one of the other subforums, I didn't know it was so old though, my bad.

i saw your avatar and i need to thank you for your fav album T4E!!!

FINALLY! A person i know who loves T4E!!!!

trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Vicious @ Jan 30 2006, 08:12 PM)
Freeze - Part IV of Trilogy... Sounds familiar smile.gif

They need to finish up that Gangster of Boats trilogy. I'm dying to hear the rest of it. Pt 4 has lyrics that really hit home.

I do wish that I could have seen them play all four parts back on the GUP tour but my parents thought that a roack concert was no place for a 13 year old. Still wish I could have been there. I remember being very pissed off that night.