Curb Your Enthusiasm

anagramking

Has anybody watched this show on HBO? My wife and I love it. The season just ended last night, so look for reruns for now. Larry David stars in it. He was one of the creators of Seinfeld. If you liked Seinfeld, you should like this show. The buildup to the punchlines can be too much to take at times, but if you can wait through it, you will be rewarded. Last night's finale was hilarious, though. Anyway, check it out if you haven't already.

I watched it when I used to have HBO. I saw the first season, I believe. I did see a recent episode my buddy TiVo'd the other night... when Larry pretended to be an orthodox jew in order to impress the head of the Kidney Donation Foundation.. so he could get Richard Lewis up higher on the Donor list. Very funny!

I'ts basically Sienfeld take to it's logical extreme. Despicable main characters acting like a bunch of assholes. Hilarious.

Sounds like my kind of show. Larry is a comedy genius I think. I never seen this but I think all the different stories they had in Seinfeld in a 30 minute show and how they connected it all together was so awesome. Sometimes I wondered, "How do they come up with this shit"!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Dec 5 2005, 09:19 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Dec 5 2005, 05:36 PM)
http://seinfeld.htmlplanet.com/images/episode/90.jpg

Freeservers rocks!!! 1022.gif

Not as much as photobucket.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/90.jpg

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Dec 5 2005, 11:15 PM)
I watched it when I used to have HBO. I saw the first season, I believe. I did see a recent episode my buddy TiVo'd the other night... when Larry pretended to be an orthodox jew in order to impress the head of the Kidney Donation Foundation.. so he could get Richard Lewis up higher on the Donor list. Very funny!

I'ts basically Sienfeld take to it's logical extreme. Despicable main characters acting like a bunch of assholes. Hilarious.

Pedro, try to see this season's finale, if you get a chance. Man oh man was that hilarious.

Every time I drive past an Aamco Transmissions, I am reminded of the show. "Double A, beep beep, M C O." A classic old episode.

I have a lot of respect for Curb. Larry David is a brilliant writer. I especially like watching the show with my mom when I'm home for visits. But it doesn't make me laugh anywhere near as much as Seinfeld. Some episodes I find to be a little too much about nothing.

Because I work full time nights I tape alot of TV shows on VHS...the other day I came across an episode of CYE..it was the one called "Beloved Aunt"....

It was OMFG!!! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Larry asked his buddy Jeff, who has connections in the obituary dept. at the newspaper, to arrange an obituary for Cheryl's aunt...only the guy put in a "c" instead of an "a" in the word aunt by mistake....so Cheryl and her family saw it in the paper and it was pretty ugly to say the least ohmy.gif Larry gets kicked out of the house and more problems ensued for him

laugh.gif

Beloved *unt z7shysterical.gif

I thought I'd resurrect this thread. This series has to be the most inspired comedy I've ever seen. I got the box set over Christmas and even though I've seen a few episodes a number of times, I still find my self cringing as he lunges his way from crisis to crisis.

Is there a new series in the offing or have they finished completely?

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 30 2006, 11:15 PM)
In general, yes you would get it fine. The show centers around the idiocyncracies (sp?) of Larry David, as stated above, really like Seinfeld taken to the extreme.

Good, I'll see if I can find some of it on YouTube, as I don't get HBO.

yes.gif rofl3.gif Love this show my favorite on HBO next to the Sopranos.

Cast is great Richard Lewis constantly miserable! laugh.gif