The Complete Tour Books

robertkincaid96

QUOTE (Disco @ Nov 29 2005, 04:01 PM)
QUOTE (softfilter @ Nov 29 2005, 02:00 PM)
FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS!  ohmy.gif  If i was a single man I'd buy it in a heart beat but if I bought it now ...  I would soon be one. 

laugh.gif

Yeah, the argument of "Sweetheart, I've got to go out an spend $100 on coke so that I can be off my head enough to spend $500 (plus shipping!) on, er, a book" doesn't cut much ice with the ladies...

Interestingly enough, it was my 'lady' who showed me the email with this tour book offer to begin with. She likes 2.gif almost as much as I do. We both agreed since it was a limited edition of only 500 ever to be made that it was a good investment which, if their next tour just happened to be their last, the tourbook would probably double, or more, in value shortly after the news was announced and just get more valuable over time.

Could you imagine if there were only 50 of those signed and hand numbered tour books ever made, what the price would have been? Yeah, a whole lot more than $500, maybe $5000? The smaller the number of limited editions the more valuable it becomes.

And yes, there would have been some rock merchandise investors somewhere out there who would have gladly paid that price for it too. Kinda like a limited editon work of art so to speak. I stand by my 2.gif investment. cool.gif

Edited by SiriusRushFan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

confused13.gif Well it looks like I'll be waiting for the standard version to come out. I can handle the $100 book but the $500 version is just too much for me. Hell thats money I could use for 2 front row tickets at the next tour. Since I already have the tour books I'd much rather use that money to be right up near the guys for at least 1 or 2 more shows.

Wow. $500. Such a cool but expensive item...do they expect us to pay that much for a book? I know it has basically everything tour-related in it but still...thats just a rediculous amount of cash

Alright, someone stop me. I'm really debating on wether to buy or not. I'm 15, so half the money I make is money I can use for anything. At the moment, I have about 1500 laying around that I was going to use to buy a new instrument (Chapman Stick, fyi). But I'm thinking about going for this. So, whaddaya say? It would only take a few weeks to make the difference...

QUOTE (thestand @ Dec 2 2005, 09:58 AM)
Alright, someone stop me. I'm really debating on wether to buy or not. I'm 15, so half the money I make is money I can use for anything. At the moment, I have about 1500 laying around that I was going to use to buy a new instrument (Chapman Stick, fyi). But I'm thinking about going for this. So, whaddaya say? It would only take a few weeks to make the difference...

sarcasm.gif Show off punk!

Can I borrow $500? smile.gif

I made the Top 100 Tour Book buyers list! Got mine today and Neil put the number 81 on that baby himself!

As you can see from the pic that Drumnut posted, three of the four corners of the book are taken up by the Power Trio's siggies in silver ink. Neil's sig is at the top left, Alex's top right, and Geddy's is at the bottom right. The lower left corner is where Neil puts the number of which edition it is, separated by the division line and the number 500 below that.

Anyone on the borderline of buying this better move fast because, I ordered mine about 8 hours after the email first came out about the offer on the 28th because I got home from work so late, and I'm #81 so, I would suspect that they may already be sold out. If not, they should be very close.

This thing is built like a rock. Weighs 9 damn lbs. It should last well into the year 2112 laugh.gif

That seller on eBay is surely gonna ask at least $550 for his copy, just to cover the price he paid for the tour book and shipping that heavy mutha. Unless he stole it from someone. tongue.gif More likely that he'll ask around $600 or so, maybe more, to try and make some profit.

I haven't even busted the plastic off of it yet. I just took it out of the sturdy sleeve it came in when I got home from work just to see what # Neil had put on it. Still need to read Neil's 2 page introduction also.

I'll try to post some pics this weekend when I get some free time. 2.gif on...

Edited by SiriusRushFan

QUOTE (By-tor69 @ Nov 28 2005, 11:46 PM)
QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Nov 28 2005, 10:47 PM)
I have ALL the tourbooks, and I have autographed by all 3 stuff, so for me $500 is too much.

WOW!! Rushgirl that is sweet. How did you get your hands on that elusive 2112 tour book??

I have every one in mint condition EXCEPT for that damn 2112 book. I have never seen it for less than $250.

I AM SOOOOO..... JEALOUS!!!! doh.gif

E-bay, but I paid highly for it, but it is MINT and came with the stub from the show in the U.K and a button they handed out there too!!! The guy was awesome to deal with and the program is in exceptional condition!!! 653.gif

I bought a few of the tourbooks back in the 80s. The only way I would ever want anything signed from someone is if I was there and they signed it for me personally. I'm sure all 500 will sell though. I'd rather use the $500 for opening day tickets on their next tour. Oh it's just a memory, some memories last forever.

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 3 2005, 09:43 PM)
The only way I would ever want anything signed from someone is if I was there and they signed it for me personally.

That is fine if people are just going to keep it and treasure it for life. However, this is where people also get into trouble later on, when they try to sell someone's autograph without the autograph actually being able to be verified and get little in return for it. Put another way, an ordinary 2.gif autograph isn't worth much unless it can be verified, simply because it runs the risk of being a forgery.

With this tour book that won't happen. Geddy, Alex, and Neil all signed this thing together, one book at a time, until they signed all 500 copies. It was then put out afterwards as a limited edition product.

I'm sure they also got paid good money to sign all those signatures too. Therefore, they have a good memory of this event. Not only that, this was also a 'verifyable signing' by others who put this project together. That is why this tour book was as expensive as it was.

The guys from Canada have signed all kinds of autographs in their day but, they probably have forgotten signing about 90% of them too. At least with this tour book project, even if they get alzheimers and forget they signed this project one day - which I hope never happens - because it was verified the way it was, it will always be a legitimate limited edition product that will keep it's true value.

Getting autographs from the 3 guys to keep and treasure for life is really cool. Getting autographs for investment purposes, then trying to sell them years later is another thing altogether. Be careful out there peeps.

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Dec 5 2005, 07:14 PM)
SOLD OUT!!

Thank God, now I don't have to keep thinking about buying one. I'm col with the unsigned one. I already spent close to $800 or something on the Macnaughtan prints and I still haven't gotten frames. That's probably gonna run quite a bit, too.

Sometimes enough is enough! wacko.gif

QUOTE (Riv @ Dec 5 2005, 10:16 AM)
QUOTE (Syrinx @ Dec 5 2005, 07:14 PM)
SOLD OUT!!

Thank God, now I don't have to keep thinking about buying one.

laugh.gif I was thinking the same thing!

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Dec 5 2005, 03:20 PM)
QUOTE (By-tor69 @ Dec 5 2005, 10:08 AM)
There's still one left on Ebay tempted.gif

As of this post, the high bid for the one on eBay is $450.00!

Check again, the reserve has finally been met and it's now going for $860!!!The Lone Tour Book biggrin.gif A smart guy there to buy one and put it on eBay. Hope he bought one for himself too though. unsure.gif

Hell, if he did buy his own copy he only paid around $140 for it before shipping costs after selling the other one. cool.gif Good deal.

Edited by SiriusRushFan

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Dec 6 2005, 05:48 AM)
Bet ya more are coming on rush back stage it says temp unavailable, so they are gonna find more underthe floor boards next week.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Dec 5 2005, 09:48 PM)
Bet ya more are coming on rush back stage it says temp unavailable, so they are gonna find more underthe floor boards next week.

There will be no more of these available. They are indeed sold out.

The message of 'Temporarily out of stock' is automatically generated when an ordinary product that can be restocked sells out. The tour books were no ordinary product and will not be restocked since all 500 limited editions are all already sold. Next up will be the umpteen thousands of generic unsigned ones for $100.

Thanks for shopping at the 2.gif Backstage Club! laugh.gif

Edited by SiriusRushFan