war of the worlds.

Tick

i saw war of the worlds for the second time last night.loved it again.what do you folks think of it.i thought tom cruise was great ,and the tripods were freaky. icon_alienjig.gif AlienSmiley.gif icon_alienjig.gif AlienSmiley.gif icon_alienjig.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 24 2005, 04:51 PM)
i saw war of the worlds for the second time last night.loved it again.what do you folks think of it.i thought tom cruise was great ,and the tripods were freaky. icon_alienjig.gif AlienSmiley.gif icon_alienjig.gif AlienSmiley.gif icon_alienjig.gif

all in all the film was ok,speilberg musta blew his budget on the special effects team & cruise's wages ( not to mention his ego),but to cap it all the cellar part was crap.....the ending woefully arse,how lame.....he ran out of money,so everybody met up & all was good in the world

p.s wot does anyone think of a re make of Day Of The Triffids ????

ok,the cellar part was the only kind of lame part of the movie,because aleins would not have been that concerned with what was down there,they would have just blown that mother up. AlienSmiley.gif

This movie was so overhyped that it's not even funny. I've watched it a few times, and each viewing, I was completely uninterested in what was happening. Call me crazy, but it was the most boring movie I've seen since Open Water. The special effects were cool and all, and I'm not sure exactly WHY I didn't like it, but I really didn't. There was some weird dynamic that was totally MISSING from the film.

Maybe it was a decent cast. Though I do love Dakota Fanning to pieces! smile.gif

sorry,i loved it.tom cruise was great in it,and what can i say i also liked open water. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 12 2005, 06:35 AM)
sorry,i loved it.tom cruise was great in it,and what can i say i also liked open water. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

ohmy.gif You weird person, you.... Open Water was so cheesy. But each to his own, I suppose.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 12 2005, 09:41 AM)
I remember enjoying the most. , that cellar scene

653.gif

i personally loved it. i mean, i thought the ending could have been a little more exciting, but the rest of the movie was still great nonetheless.

and to all those who think that it's unrealistic that tom cruise would have had that many narrow escapes, think about it this:

out of the, what, 6 billion people in the world? don't you think at least a few of them would have had that many narrow escapes? so now you may think "well what were the chances of the main character of this story being one of those particular people?" well then think of it in the terms of a true story. like pretend it's something that actually happened. then think of it as tom cruise's character being one of the guys that had that many narrow escapes, and that the story was written about him BECAUSE he was one of those people.

i know people haven't said in this particular thread that they thought he made too many narrow escapes but it's come up in other places and i figure it's bound to come up here sometime so i just went ahead and put that.

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 13 2005, 06:34 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 12 2005, 09:41 AM)
I remember enjoying the most.  ,  that cellar scene

653.gif

NOOOOO...Don't misquote me. smile.gif

Besides, I DID say I liked some of it. It's just that what I thought were the bad parts were the most memorable to me.

QUOTE (slacker @ Dec 13 2005, 05:09 PM)
i haven't seen it smile.gif

Don't bother. Okay, actually, being objective, DO see it, and form your own opinion. And then you can come here and either praise or laugh at it with us. :-p

QUOTE (Kirsten @ Dec 13 2005, 05:59 PM)
, DO see it,. And then you can come here and praise it . :-p

biggrin.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 13 2005, 06:13 PM)

biggrin.gif 653.gif

Oh, yeah, you're reall funny. no.gif

QUOTE (Kirsten @ Dec 13 2005, 09:13 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Dec 13 2005, 06:13 PM)

biggrin.gif 653.gif

Oh, yeah, you're reall funny. no.gif

Come on guys, editing other people's posts when you quote them is rude. Play nice.

Don't bother. Okay, actually, being objective, DO see it, and form your own opinion. And then you can come here and either praise or laugh at it with us. :-p

I prolly would like it, i'm easy like that smile.gif

QUOTE (slacker @ Dec 15 2005, 02:17 AM)

I prolly would like it, i'm easy like that smile.gif

it was great,dont care what anyone says! 1022.gif

SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I didn't care for the ending with the family all ok and Robbie just appearing as if he made it all the way (to Boston was it) by himself after it looked like he was obviously blown to smithereens....I also thought they should have spent more time explaining the ending, but all in all it was quite enjoyable