• the penguin
    • the riddler
    • kingpin
    • lex luther
    • dr.doom
    • mr freeze
    • dinosaur neil
    • dr.octopus

For the integrity of the poll itself I had to go with Lex Luthor. Most of your choices aren't all that powerful on a world threatening level. Except RIDDLER. z7shysterical.gif Sorry... i totally forgot he even still existed. But your two top power guys in the poll are Luthor and Doom and where I think Doom has the means and is more powerful, he has a side of nobility and benevolence to him that Luthor does NOT possess. I think if Luthor comes up with the right plan, he'd sacrifice the entire world just to get the better of Superman. Something I don't think Doom is capable of.

Now this is why the OTHER option is so important to polls. In the event you do forget someone or a choice in a poll. If you had an OTHER, i would have picked it because to me, no matter how good he can be at times, there is no other "villian" as scary to me, or as unstoppable if he chooses to be than MAGNETO. He controls the earth's magnetic fields. The power of that is unthinkable. He quite literally is a force of nature. He's also a racist genocidal madman when he wants to be. Nearly every time he goes off on his MUTANT ONLY crusades it takes the combined efforts of ALL the X-Teams and sometimes the Avengers too, to stop him. And usually they don't stop him, they just talk him down for the timebeing.

Great Polls though. Anytime i get a chance to discuss comics I'm happy. I'm glad that we have some new folks here that are into it as much as the few of us already here. Wouldn't it be great if we had a whole SUBFORUM dedicated to comics and fantasy? Hmmmm? 1? RR? GG? That still open for discussion?

To go off topic for a second, hope you don't mind... Who's Dinosaur Neil? Is that a Tick character? I remember being a huge fan of the cartoon, but I never read the actual comic which I'd heard was much darker and serious. I have certain requirements of my fantasy stuff. I don't mind humor in my comics. Nothing beats a good unexpected laugh in a serious comic, but I'm not a fan of purely humorous comic books. And I always thought The Tick was because of the cartoon show.

As much as I'd like to go with the Joker on this, I'm voting for Luthor. The guy's rich, evil and is the President of the US... The Joker is just pure evil/insanity, but if he really wanted to though, he'd find a way to really threaten the world.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 24 2005, 08:52 AM)
As much as I'd like to go with the Joker on this, I'm voting for Luthor. The guy's rich, evil and is the President of the US... The Joker is just pure evil/insanity, but if he really wanted to though, he'd find a way to really threaten the world.

Y'know... in modern continuity I don't think Joker's ever been that inclined or bent on WORLD chaos. But... COULD YOU IMAGINE??? Say Joker's already insane mind takes in MORE than his immediate surroundings and somehow keeps his attention in more than a fleeting way. Say this happens and in his own twisted way, he feels that the world needs HIS brand of cure. Logically that would be the laughing gas. He determines that the world is doomed anyway and what better way for everyone to go out than with a smile on their face. He's always been able to strike up partnerships with other megalomaniacs, so he comes to Luthor as an ally in some plan to take out Superman, but is really there to swerve Luthor. Then when the swerve is complete, and believe me... if anyone can swerve Luthor... IT's JOKER, he has the total control over the US MILITARY and it's weapons controls. Outfitting ballistic nukes with his laughing gas he sits in the throne of the United States and maniacally laughs as he repeatedly presses the RED BUTTON. Y'know Kazz... that might not be a bad idea huh? I'm seeing submission possibilites. Of course, Bats would break in and take Joker's focus off his scheme and everything would be okay as the JLA stops the nukes, but the imagery would be cool and it would definitely raise Joker on the threat level. Time to type.

yes dinosaur neil is a tick character,and dam,i meant to include magneto!

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 24 2005, 09:23 AM)
yes dinosaur neil is a tick character,and dam,i meant to include magneto!

Don't sweat it bro. Just the fact that somebody other than me and Kazz are posting comic stuff has me stoked. Don't take my constructive comments the wrong way. I'm just nuts for comics and have been reading and writing them for so long now i sometimes take them far too seriously. Keep 'em coming. Actually... if you want to, go back a few pages and chime in on the previous polls and discussions we've had. There's a girlfriends of Batman poll, a Bring on the Bad Guys thread, similar to your poll, but just a thread, and a best storyline ever thread. If you're bored, go look for them. They're not that far back i don't think. Post on them and bring them back to life. Just like in comics, nothing dies forever. laugh.gif

Edited by Necromancer

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 24 2005, 09:21 AM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 24 2005, 08:52 AM)

Y'know... in modern continuity I don't think Joker's ever been that inclined or bent on WORLD chaos. But... COULD YOU IMAGINE??? Say Joker's already insane mind takes in MORE than his immediate surroundings and somehow keeps his attention in more than a fleeting way. Say this happens and in his own twisted way, he feels that the world needs HIS brand of cure. Logically that would be the laughing gas. He determines that the world is doomed anyway and what better way for everyone to go out than with a smile on their face. He's always been able to strike up partnerships with other megalomaniacs, so he comes to Luthor as an ally in some plan to take out Superman, but is really there to swerve Luthor. Then when the swerve is complete, and believe me... if anyone can swerve Luthor... IT's JOKER, he has the total control over the US MILITARY and it's weapons controls. Outfitting ballistic nukes with his laughing gas he sits in the throne of the United States and maniacally laughs as he repeatedly presses the RED BUTTON. Y'know Kazz... that might not be a bad idea huh? I'm seeing submission possibilites. Of course, Bats would break in and take Joker's focus off his scheme and everything would be okay as the JLA stops the nukes, but the imagery would be cool and it would definitely raise Joker on the threat level. Time to type.

Send me the draft when you're done. I want to read this...

smile.gif I went for DR DOOM. I dont know of the character but he does sound threatening. yes.gif

I went for Victor Von Doom. He's my favourite villain.

I totally agree with Necromancer's analisys, Luthor is certainly more vicious and spiteful, but I voted Doom just BECAUSE of his nobility. There's a trait that even a lot of heroes are lacking.

As for the Joker... I have a very "strict" vision of all the Batman family... laugh.gif For me the Joker should be the brilliant lunatic crime-master of the 70s, as beautifully portraied by Dennis O'Neill (someone remembers the "5-acts Revenge of the Joker"? Dead brilliant story!!) or Steve Englehart.

When you give the Joker super-human powers, as has been done to death recently, you just miss the charachter. Yes, he becomes the embodiement of madness, as Phil Jimenez did in his WOnder WOman run... but the Joker gets lost. I do not like him being a symbol of chaos, opposed to Batman as a symbol of order. Bats is NOT a symbol of order, he's just a man out there, trying to make a difference.

There's so much I'd like to say more... maybe next time! smile.gif

On a global level Lex, Dr Doom, or Magneto would be the most dangerous. However, the Kingpin should not be discounted. Kingpin is a master manipulator and evil genius himself and would be a global threat if he wasn't satisfied with being the crime overlord of New York. His recent playing of the Feds and media regarding DD's secret identity gave an insight of his full potential.

Padding, like Riddler, Penguin, Doc Ock, and Mr Freeze.

Mandarin would be a major badass, if he was written well. In all my years of collecting Iron Man, I think there was one well written storyline with Mandarin. With all those rings of power he should be able to stand toe-to-toe with most heros.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/m/mandarin.htm