Does anyone watch Survivor?

KenJennings

I don't know if it's a popular show 'round these parts, but I might as well ask.

I was ecstatic to see Jamie get voted off last week, and I'm hoping for either Gary or Rafe to win it all. This survivor started off slow, but it's really starting to get good.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Nov 22 2005, 09:15 PM)
I don't know if it's a popular show 'round these parts, but I might as well ask.

I was ecstatic to see Jamie get voted off last week, and I'm hoping for either Gary or Rafe to win it all. This survivor started off slow, but it's really starting to get good.

Personally, I'm pulling for Stephanie, though I doubt she'll get it since she's such a strong competitor and was already on the show once. I watch it - GREAT show!

I think it would be good to see either Gary or Stephanie win, but I think neither of them will. They are both too strong and considered severe threats. I think Judd may be the next to go as he could be a loose cannon following removal of his ally Jamie.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Dec 8 2005, 06:02 PM)
Glad to see they voted the right person off tonight.

Cindy was selfish, simply selfish; and she got what she had coming.

it wasn't so much that she chose the car for herself, but to just keep talking about it in front of everyone and how great it was just killed her in the end. it's gonna be interesting to see how it shapes up next week!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 9 2005, 01:37 AM)

it wasn't so much that she chose the car for herself, but to just keep talking about it in front of everyone and how great it was just killed her in the end. it's gonna be interesting to see how it shapes up next week!

Just a reminder, the final episode is on Sunday night.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Dec 9 2005, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 9 2005, 01:37 AM)

Just a reminder, the final episode is on Sunday night.

IS IT???

Ken, thanks so much, I totally missed that, and it would suck to miss the final episode!

Thanks, man! trink39.gif

CAUTION: SPOILERS AHEAD

I had wanted Stephanie from the beginning, having loved her from the previous series she was on, but as it got closer and closer to the end, I realize she didn't stand a chance. In her first series, she was so nice and sweet, besides being a fierce competitor, that you didn't really get to see her vicious side, but that was apparent in Guatemala. Not to say that's a bad thing - she made it all the way to the top two, which is very commendable, and actually quite miraculous considering everything, but in the end it was her undoing. She just made too many enemies and turned on too many people. Perhaps she really didn't deserve to win?

also spoilers ahead

Probably not. Something told me after Danni won that one immunity to stay in the final five, and was able to convince the rest of the tribe to take out Judd, she could win it all. All she had to do was get past the final 4 and she would be able to beat any of them, although the toughest opponent would have been Rafe or Cindy. She did what she had to do without tarnishing her own image severely and as a result, she outlasted.

SPOILER

Glad to see Steph didn't win, Rafe as always was a CLASS ACT! I was pulling for him, but he did the right thing and suffered for it.

Guys like Rafe deserve some credit. Genuinely good guy!

SPOILERS YET AGAIN!

I think Stephanie's biggest mistake was getting rid of Lydia. Stephanie's only chance of beating anyone left in the final four was for her to go against Rafe, and her only hope for going to the final two with Rafe was for him to win immunity and hopefully take her with him or for her to win immunity and take him with her. With Lydia in the final challenge, it was pretty much guaranteed that her or Rafe would win and neither of them would want to take Lydia who was ultra popular. Stephanie had a chance against Rafe who also created some enemies along the way. She probably still would have lost, but it could have been close, and he would have been a lot easier to argue against than Danni was. Choosing Danni to stay was her last big mistake IMHO.

spoiler

I don't think she had any choice. Danni had succeeded in getting in good with Rafe, so he agreed to take her to the final 3. This was brought up when Lydia asked Steph at the final tribal council why Steph voted Lydia out when Lydia had been loyal the entire time. Steph did point out that Rafe would never vote for Danni, so the only thing that would have happened was a tie.

Recalling a past season, Marquesas, I recall when a tie happened in the final four voting, the three remaining tribe members had to draw rocks. Pascal, who had not even received a vote the tribal council, drew the purple rock and was removed. I remember there were lots of cries of that being unfair as Pascal had not received a vote in the first place and he had the chance to win it all.

The reason I bring this up is because I'm not sure if the rule was changed or not. I think it may have been because I seem to remember a tie in the final 4 voting happening in Palau between Ian and Jenn, which resulted in a first to make fire competition. So if Danni and Lydia had to face a tie, maybe Lydia could have stayed alive. Considering her performance in all the challenges (except the team immunity challenge with the catapults and the bean bags where she did a good job with the catapult), she probably would not have succeeded.

I figured that once Danni and Cindy made it to the final 5, either one of them would have won. I will agree that Rafe was more likeable than Steph, but Danni and Cindy had done a better job of playing the game without betraying anyone. It was almost a lock that whichever of those two made it to the final 3 would win it all.

That's one reason I find myself liking it also. Originally, I avoided it because I thought the premise sounded kind of hokey. After all, there's nothing real about reality tv. But then after I watched it, I realized just how much strategy, social interaction, and dramatic tension this show had. It's amazing the different types of strategies that are used, and no one is the right one. Different winners have used different strategies to go the distance from being a back stabbing heel (Richard - Borneo) to being a strong leader (Tom - Palau) to gliding under the radar (Sandra - Pearl Islands) to letting your ally do the dirty work (Amber - All Stars).

Next season should be interesting with the Exile Island.

spoilers

Well, Exile Island is in the books. An interesting premise that looks like it will be reused in the next season, which will take place in the Cook Islands.

It is amazing that Danielle was able to win the last person standing challenge, considering she had been unable to win a single challenge the entire season. But then again, how could anyone else win considering Terry was winning almost all the immunities and most of the rewards. Aras stepped up in the end and was able to secure his place in the final 3. Now I understand why Danielle chose Aras instead of Terry, considering she had a better chance with him. Unfortunately, she had no chance against either of them.

But this season had some interesting things, such as Cirie's strengthened character and Shane's decent into madness. One thing that was amazing was how Terry was able to keep battling all the way to the end even though he had a bullseye on his back after the merge.

QUOTE (blonde77th @ May 16 2006, 07:37 AM)
i love this show , can't wait for the next season on Cook Island !! I only missed 1 night and of course it was the night Shane the nut head was kicked off grrrrrrrrrrr he was too scary !!!

i thought shane was very entertaining. he was a nut, but he wasn't like totally out of his mind, he just lost it a bit from time to time. i actually like him and could see him getting a gig on tv doing something or other...