Brosnan is Bond no more!

Jack Aubrey

Brosnan Confirms His 007 Days are Over

October 14, 2004

Talking to the Toronto Sun about his new action-comedy, New Line's After the Sunset, Pierce Brosnan confirmed that he won't be returning as 007 in the 21st James Bond movie, most likely because the producers want "to go younger."

"It's over, it's over, it's absolutely over," Brosnan said this week in Nassau, The Bahamas. He said he was willing, even eager, to do a fifth and final Bond, adding that producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson had asked him to return right before he started promoting Die Another Day, although no contracts were signed.

But then they changed their minds. "It's very hard to find the truth in that town (Hollywood) or in this business at times," Brosnan says. "But it was their prerogative to change their minds. They can do it!"

While he holds no grudges, he does have someone in mind who would be a perfect replacement. He won't reveal who that is, but he saw him in a recent movie and was impressed. "He had a presence: Face, body, voice, the eyes. He would make a good one."

Source: Coming Soon

fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif waffen093.gif cocktail.gif

And so goes my second favorite Bond.......

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 14 2004, 09:22 AM)
Brosnan Confirms His 007 Days are Over

While he holds no grudges, he does have someone in mind who would be a perfect replacement. He won't reveal who that is, but he saw him in a recent movie and was impressed. "He had a presence: Face, body, voice, the eyes. He would make a good one."

Who's he talking about? Christian Bale? Eric Bana? Jack Black?

I dunno who Brosnan was thinking of, but I hope hes right that its a good replacement. Brosnan in my opinion was the best bond since Connery in the early 60's, its a shame he only got to make 4 movies, most of questionable quality as related to previous Bond movies.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 14 2004, 10:22 AM)
I dunno who Brosnan was thinking of, but I hope hes right that its a good replacement. Brosnan in my opinion was the best bond since Connery in the early 60's, its a shame he only got to make 4 movies, most of questionable quality as related to previous Bond movies.

agreed. He was an excellent Bond. I enjoyed Brosnan as bond more than any except Connery.

Hey! How about some respect for my man George Lazenby!

http://www.poster.net/lazenby-george/lazenby-george-photo-george-lazenby-6202018.jpg

(Yeah, I'm kidding.)

QUOTE (BSG @ Oct 14 2004, 07:11 AM)
Lazenby was OK. Never really cared for Brosnan (or it might just have been the flicks).

So, who might he have been talking about?

Matt Damon? new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif
Ben Stiller? icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Anyone have any other ideas? (Not that it matters, I guess. This series has run its course, IMO.)

Might have been the flicks. Goldeneye was by far the best of his 4 movies, it had the best storyline and a feel to it that the others didnt have. The last 3 seemed like big budget action flicks using the Bond name with fairly poor acting outside of Brosnan's character. Goldeneye used relativly low name actors at the time that did a very good job in thier roles, Famke Jansen notably has gotten pretty far from taking that role. Sean Bean was also a perfect cast as a villain for Bond, very appropriate. It was also much more story driven and much less focused on huge explosions everywhere. It just had this darker feel to it that was incredible IMO.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 14 2004, 05:08 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Oct 14 2004, 07:11 AM)
Lazenby was OK. Never really cared for Brosnan (or it might just have been the flicks).

Matt Damon?  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif
Ben Stiller?  icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Anyone have any other ideas? (Not that it matters, I guess. This series has run its course, IMO.)

Might have been the flicks. Goldeneye was by far the best of his 4 movies, it had the best storyline and a feel to it that the others didnt have. The last 3 seemed like big budget action flicks using the Bond name with fairly poor acting outside of Brosnan's character. Goldeneye used relativly low name actors at the time that did a very good job in thier roles, Famke Jansen notably has gotten pretty far from taking that role. Sean Bean was also a perfect cast as a villain for Bond, very appropriate. It was also much more story driven and much less focused on huge explosions everywhere. It just had this darker feel to it that was incredible IMO.

Ok, thanks, Moon. I'll check out Goldeneye again.

QUOTE (BSG @ Oct 14 2004, 11:11 AM)

Matt Damon? new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif
Ben Stiller? icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Jerry Stiller new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

More from Brosnan. It looks like he's taking the high road. Like a true gentleman, if you ask me.

CommanderBond.Net reports that Pierce Brosnan has confirmed that not only is he not going to return to the role of James Bond, but he was in fact fired from the part. The Irish-American actor revealed all this week in Nassau to promote his latest film, "After the Sunset".

"It's over, it's over, it's absolutely over. They invited me back right before I went to present that film. We're so happy with the success, we want you to come back!' I went on the road as a happy man, you know. I thought we'd get a fifth and no more. That would be it, really." said Brosnan.

"Then one day the phone rang - I was here (in Nassau shooting After the Sunset) - and my agents told me that the goal posts had moved and that they had changed their minds. It was disappointing. It was surprising. And I accepted the knowledge (that his run as 007 was over for good) after 24 hours of being in shock" he continued.

Brosnan claimed he harbours no bitterness though. "None, none, none! It's not worth having. If I did, it would make all the great decade, the four films, the lovely success, meaningless. Bitterness against whom, and for what reason?".

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 15 2004, 09:11 AM)
More from Brosnan. It looks like he's taking the high road. Like a true gentleman, if you ask me.

CommanderBond.Net reports that Pierce Brosnan has confirmed that not only is he not going to return to the role of James Bond, but he was in fact fired from the part. The Irish-American actor revealed all this week in Nassau to promote his latest film, "After the Sunset".

"It's over, it's over, it's absolutely over. They invited me back right before I went to present that film. We're so happy with the success, we want you to come back!' I went on the road as a happy man, you know. I thought we'd get a fifth and no more. That would be it, really." said Brosnan.

"Then one day the phone rang - I was here (in Nassau shooting After the Sunset) - and my agents told me that the goal posts had moved and that they had changed their minds. It was disappointing. It was surprising. And I accepted the knowledge (that his run as 007 was over for good) after 24 hours of being in shock" he continued.

Brosnan claimed he harbours no bitterness though. "None, none, none! It's not worth having. If I did, it would make all the great decade, the four films, the lovely success, meaningless. Bitterness against whom, and for what reason?".

Displaying a true Bond trait, class new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

The last I heard was that they were trying to get Hugh Jackman as the new Bond (that was in British magazine SFX). There was nothing official, just the rumour mill in high-gear. However, if you go on some of the Lord of the Rings sites, the pre-pubescent fan girls are all pulling for Orlando Bloom (i don't think so no.gif )

QUOTE (CuervosMan @ Oct 15 2004, 09:03 PM)
My 2 cents (for what they are worth)....

I recently read there is some consideration being given to Adrian Paul as the replacement for Brosnan.
For those who may not know who he is....Think, Highlander TV series.

I dunno, I always like Lambert more then I liked Paul. I've never really seen too much of the TV series, so I dont know what his acting ability is like. In all fairness though to whoever they pick, they will not find another Bond with the same calibur of class and charisma as was in Brosnan for quite a while.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Oct 15 2004, 07:09 PM)
The last I heard was that they were trying to get Hugh Jackman as the new Bond (that was in British magazine SFX). There was nothing official, just the rumour mill in high-gear. However, if you go on some of the Lord of the Rings sites, the pre-pubescent fan girls are all pulling for Orlando Bloom (i don't think so no.gif )

I remember hearing that Jackman was up for the role of Superman also. Busy man!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 14 2004, 09:10 AM)
Who's he talking about? Christian Bale?

Bale wouldn't be a bad choice, but since he's busy playing Bruce Wayne/Batman I doubt he'd want to be attached to two big name characters.

QUOTE (Megadon @ Oct 16 2004, 03:36 PM)
I remember hearing that Jackman was up for the role of Superman also. Busy man!

I've not actually heard that one. I'll be surprised if they can get anyone to play to Superman for a few years now. After the death of Christopher Reeve, I'm sure the 'Curse of Superman' will be brought out for another airing.

I just saw Brosnan in interview. He allowed one Bond question, which was, "What happened"?

His answer, roughly was, I don't know exactly. They, (the producers), asked me back and I accepted and it was off to sort out the details, then something happened and they didn't know what they wanted.........

........I think Colin Farrell would be good..............shame but I have moved on.