Tina Turner dead at 83

treeduck

Just saw this on the news.:sad:  Such a great talent and brave lady.  I saw her in the 70's in the Ike and Tina Turner review and she was a fantastic dancer.  Made you tired just watching her,  the energizer bunny before the commercials.

She was a true original.  RIP to a legend :rose:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, pjbear05 said:

RIP, Tina.  I'll need to crank up "Private Dancer".

I remember my mom having that on cassette when I was 3 or 4.  She even had Reckless by Bryan Adams and you all know what duet is on that album.

RIP to simply the best.  Say hi to Bowie for us and thank him for your helping with your comeback to EMI Records.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

I was always preferential to the Live In Europe package, but haven't listened to it in years.   Correcting that error soon.

8 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

I had that on cassette when I was a kid. Haven't heard it years though. I remember it being pretty good though.

RIP

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

one of the strongest most badass women in music.

your pop starlets own EVERYTHING to her'

RIP legend.

Mick

And when modern stars fade into stardust, we will be saying the same of them regarding the new kids on the block at that time.

We lost Tina, I don't see the need to say anyone owes her anything. Her discography stands tall all on its own, its timeless. You can play all her hits and stunning deep cuts and they have lost no edge at all. It would be nice if the media blasts her classics like they did when MJ passed away. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

And when modern stars fade into stardust, we will be saying the same of them regarding the new kids on the block at that time.

We lost Tina, I don't see the need to say anyone owes her anything. Her discography stands tall all on its own, its timeless. You can play all her hits and stunning deep cuts and they have lost no edge at all. It would be nice if the media blasts her classics like they did when MJ passed away. 

just stating a fact Did a hit a nerve:LOL:

and MJ.........my brother worked with folks who worked with him on tour.....they know things.  and bud......less said the better sorry to say.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 7:56 AM, bluefox4000 said:

and MJ.........my brother worked with folks who worked with him on tour.....they know things.  and bud......less said the better sorry to say.

Mick

Who knew Prince was more moral than Michael and, in some other profession, Eddie Murphy more than that "jello pudding eating mfer"?

Underrated box office bomb that the audience wasn't ready for.  Deadpool and 21 Jump Street would have not happened without this.  Opened two weeks after the Turner biopic oddly enough.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 8:56 AM, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

Orianthi is still proud of the fact that she worked with Michael Jackson.  I wouldn't want that in my bio.  

I always had this gut feeling about that man, even though most of my friends owned at least one MJ album. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 10:56 AM, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

I still have my tape of MJ's penis inspection speech from the day the cops came to photograph him (carried on WNEW FM in NY...mainstream rock radio).   He sounded creepy as f**k and as guilty as f**k.  

Is there really any question that  he was molesting kids?  Stories like those about his 'alleged' activities don't come out of nowhere.   If they did, every major star would have one set of allegations or another.  But they don't.  At the time it was just him.

Edited by grep

I've been sorry, to hear, see, and read this.  She was an iconic, female artist, and musician.  This is about her a famous, well known, and talented person, and individual, who passed away, and not what may've happened in her personal life, and any other famous people including their lives.  She will be missed, and remembered.  My condolences, and sympathies, to her family, and friends.  R.I.P., Tina.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1