No game console...

ozzy85

I've had a game console of some sort since 1980, starting with the Atari 2600. I kept up with the times up to the PS3. Recently my PS2 and PS3 had more problems than I wanted to deal with. Got rid of them. It's been fun, but I think I'm done. I have a cheap demo derby game from Google Play on my tablet, and a retro joystick that has abot 10 Atari games on it.

Kinda weird, but i don't really miss it.

We may never retire consoles in our household. We picked up a Nintendo Switch last year, and we've been loving that thing.

Currently, I'm revising NFS III: Hot Pursuit (1998) on the PS1. Loved that game 20 years ago.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 7:28 PM, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

My PS2 is no longer powering up. There are tutorials on YouTube on how to fix it, and I might give it a shot if I can ever find the time. There are a few PS2 games that I still like playing.

That was my favorite game system. Had that console for over 20 years. Loved the Warriors  game and the Burnout games. Loved Brutal legend on PS3. Oh, and Driver3 on PS2. Spent a lot of time just screwing around with the Miami map.

On 5/20/2023 at 11:22 AM, NoahLutz said:

Other than a PS3 and an Xbox 360, I've never had a console die on me.  I still have most consoles from the 2600 up until the current generation.  

I had my first Xbox 360 die in a fantastic, financially consequential way.

Once the Xbox 360 Red Ring of Death  (3 red rings) became commonplace, Microsoft extended the 1-year general system warranty to 3-years for that specific problem only.

Well, 14 months in, my late 2007 Xbox 360 failed. But it didn't have 3 red rings, it had 1 red ring--"general hardware failure". Not covered under warranty, not a RRoD.

Xbox 360 Arcades were $199 new by that time, so I just bought one of those and slapped my old 360's hard drive on it.

Edited by That One Guy

Not gonna lie - I haven't had a console since the 2600 back in the day.  Seriously.

Have played various friends machines over the years..... bought my daughter the original X-Box.  I never played it.   Was always pretty happy with games on PC over the years. 

On 5/20/2023 at 6:22 PM, NoahLutz said:

Other than a PS3 and an Xbox 360, I've never had a console die on me.  I still have most consoles from the 2600 up until the current generation.  

I`ve had both Xbox 360 and PS4 die, but I`ve replaced them as they were so cheap. I`ll get a PS5 in the summer, even though I still get frowns from my parents if I mention video games. They think they cost me better grades. :laugh: