Watching Knives Out Glass Onion and noticed something.

invisible airwave

Thanks, invisible airwave - always great to see "anything Rush" :7up:

The band seems to be in some kind of sub-level of television culture in the last couple of years.

I am sure there are earlier examples, but some other recent threads have shown more examples.

How interesting. It takes retirement after fifty years to start popping up more often in mainstream entertainment.

And how do you justify making a fake poster? Maybe it's too muck paperwork to use an actual tour poster and there is no heavy hand to penalise fakers?

I can't zoom in enough to get the details, but I did watch a fair bit of the movie so I think I will check it out again and do some pausing-observing.

• Like 1

Anything can be created these days. I year or two ago I was looking at Rush posters on Amazon and found one dated 1974... it had Neil in the picture from his moustache days.

• Haha 1

On 3/14/2023 at 12:15 AM, invisible airwave said:

Zzj75E7.jpg

Some Steely and Floyd as well in this scene with Janelle Monae.  Just found out Rian Johnson made that poster since it's a fake.  No such tour existed for them.

Yeah, That was funny. I love that moving. Hoping for a DVD one day.

On 3/14/2023 at 11:58 PM, ozzy85 said:

Anything can be created these days. I year or two ago I was looking at Rush posters on Amazon and found one dated 1974... it had Neil in the picture from his moustache days.

There is more fake or repro stuff out there that the real thing. That particular poster is obvious. Had one of those moments when I first saw it years ago.  Of course I could just be one of the very few that still care about authenticity.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 4:24 PM, Bahamas said:

Thanks, invisible airwave - always great to see "anything Rush" :7up:

The band seems to be in some kind of sub-level of television culture in the last couple of years.

I am sure there are earlier examples, but some other recent threads have shown more examples.

How interesting. It takes retirement after fifty years to start popping up more often in mainstream entertainment.

And how do you justify making a fake poster? Maybe it's too muck paperwork to use an actual tour poster and there is no heavy hand to penalise fakers?

I can't zoom in enough to get the details, but I did watch a fair bit of the movie so I think I will check it out again and do some pausing-observing.

They've become the classic rock equivalent of the Betty White (RIP) comeback since I Love You Man and their Colbert appearance. Fitting since I got into them around Summer 2008.  Crazy how not just movies but meme culture can bring a new generation of fans.  Look at Rick Astley. :laugh:

Now that Betty's gone, it's Dolly Parton.

• Like 2

I can't find the earlier references to Rush in current television and movies, but I watched a new show on Netflix, Unstable, with Rob Lowe. Brand new show. Like it or not, somebody in production is a fan!

Silly and all, but episode 6 has a scene with Tom Sawyer playing more than just the first few bars. Very cool!

And 2112.net has quite an extensive list of "Rush Pop Culture" references in contemporary shows. I bet you will be surprised!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bahamas said:

... I watched a new show on Netflix, Unstable, with Rob Lowe. Brand new show. Like it or not, somebody in production is a fan!

Silly and all, but episode 6 has a scene with Tom Sawyer playing more than just the first few bars. Very cool!

I just watched that last night. Unstable is hilarious, just as good as Parks and Recreation.

"Tom Sawyer" plays during a scene when the world's best tree trimmer arrives to cut some branches that nobody else can handle. The other Mexican gardeners look on in awe, including Rob Lowe. 

Truly a modern day warrior, mean mean stride.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

I just watched that last night. Unstable is hilarious, just as good as Parks and Recreation.

"Tom Sawyer" plays during a scene when the world's best tree trimmer arrives to cut some branches that nobody else can handle. The other Mexican gardeners look on in awe, including Rob Lowe. 

Truly a modern day warrior, mean mean stride.

"I heard his pruning skills once brought back a sycamore back from the dead.."