The Official 2023 NFL season thread

laughedatbytime

This Just In:  Aaron Rodgers is still a narcissistic DILGABS (Diva I'd Like To Give A Backhanded Slap) :thumbsdown:

Edited by Principled Man

3 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Starts with some FA news...Jimmy G to the Raiduhhhs.   3 yrs/67.5 million.   

My first thought was: he didn't even have to move! And then I remembered the Raiders play in Vegas now!

My second thought was: Oh, good, they're still not a threat to the Chiefs.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

My first thought was: he didn't even have to move! And then I remembered the Raiders play in Vegas now!

My second thought was: Oh, good, they're still not a threat to the Chiefs.

Devante Adams is not pleased.

• The topic was pinned
9 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Starts with some FA news...Jimmy G to the Raiduhhhs.   3 yrs/67.5 million.   

Wait, Raiders move on from what they view as an inconsistent  Derek Carr, only to pick up Garappolo?  :rofl1:

Rodgers to announce on the McAfee show tomorrow at noon Central (the only time zone that matters.)

Can't wait

Jets sign Allen Lazard.

Next up, AJ Hawk, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Donald Driver.

Rodgers was constantly whining that the front office did nothing to put talent around him, especially at the WR position in Green Bay, yet he wants to reconstruct the same team in NY.

Wonder how that's going to play in his new locker room.

• Like 1

A-Rod to the Jets, once comp can be worked out.

Nothing we didn't already know, I guess.

Jets WR Allan Lazard isn't happy. 

He just found out that his new QB will once again ignore him while he's chucking the ball downfield to his double-covered teammate.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Packers' New Era has begun!   

WR Allan Lazard leaves for the Jets.

That "Guy" expects to follow Lazard to the Jets.  

TE Robert Tonyan leaves for da Bears.

I fear that this is the beginning..... :ohmy:   

OBJ finally finds someone willing to pay him to play football, be  in their locker room

It's the Ravens.  Too bad.  It would have been fun to see him on the same team with Aaron Rodgers.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

woowoo it's draft day! better known as mel kiper hyperventilation day. glad to see hundreds of mock drafts get shot in the ass. never so much effort for so little accuracy. well maybe not as bad as weather forecasting. 

first time in years there's some encouraging results from the lions. good free agent acquisitions, holmes looks like he's got the midas touch for drafting. I say that with caution is there's always a knucklehead decision that's waiting to happen for the lions. just make smart picks for solid players. nothing too creative for your own good. and no first round qb picks...you got a reliable qb with goff and all of the qbs have major questions. anderson, witherspoon, carter in that preference order for #6.  

The is the first time in many years that I didn't pay any attention to the upcoming Draft. 

Time flies when you're not posting "Only ____ days and ____ hours until the NFL Draft." every day.....:wink:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Principled Man said:

The is the first time in many years that I didn't pay any attention to the upcoming Draft. 

Time flies when you're not posting "Only ____ days and ____ hours until the NFL Draft." every day.....:wink:

It's going to be interesting (maybe) to see how Stroud does. Supposedly he did very poorly on some test they give to QBs before they go pro.

15 hours ago, BastillePark said:

It's going to be interesting (maybe) to see how Stroud does. Supposedly he did very poorly on some test they give to QBs before they go pro.

Stroud went #2.

Uh, let me rephrase that...the Texans chose Stroud with the second pick in the draft.

4 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Stroud went #2.

Uh, let me rephrase that...the Texans chose Stroud with the second pick in the draft.

Sorry I meant once he get's to actually playing QB at the pro level. He was pretty good in college but the NFL is a different story.

Packers got some potential studs!  Two tight ends, a few wide receivers, several defensive linemen, 13 total picks!  The locker room’s gonna be crowded….

Edited by Principled Man