Oscar's 2023

goose

I forgot it was on. But I wasn't planning on watching anyway. I haven't seen any movies from the past year, so that factors in a bit, Aside from that, I remember the days from the not too distant past when awards shows were about celebrating the artists and their productions, and nothing more.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, goose said:

Just reminding the world that no one here really gives a shit

:popcorn:

Grammar cops probably give a shit about that misused apostrophe in Oscar's 2023.   :biggrin:

• Like 1

I watch most of the show. 

Kimmel was the draw for me.

I saw The Banshees of Inisherin.  meh.

Happy for Jamie Lee.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, custom55 said:

Happy for Jamie Lee.

I hope she thanked Michael Myers (aka: actors Will Sandin, Nick Castle and Tony Moran) for launching her career way back in '78!  :biggrin:

I'm sure there are people, who are here, there, and everywhere do care about "the Academy Awards (Oscars)", and anything else.  I knew "the 95th Academy Awards (Oscars)" was scheduled to be on, and I watched half of it.  From what I saw, it was good, and not bad.  It's better to see an event like that on t.v., which does mean something, than having it postponed, and canceled for a year because of a Coronavirus pandemic.  I've been glad to see some things around the world are trying getting back to normal from it.   

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Principled Man said:

I hope she thanked Michael Myers (aka: actors Will Sandin, Nick Castle and Tony Moran) for launching her career way back in '78!  :biggrin:

Meh, everybody knows her career was catapulted with Trading Places.

• Like 1

Some omissions in the memoriam:

Paul Sorvino - Died the same year as Ray Liotta.  Show some respect for Paulie and go back to your fing shinebox, Academy.

Fred Ward - He was in Right Stuff.  That alone makes him worthy.

Ted White - Veteran actor and stuntman and scariest Jason of them all.

Philip Baker Hall - His work with PT Anderson, Midnight Run, Insider is more than enough.  Big mistake leaving him out.

Leslie Jordan

16 hours ago, goose said:

Just reminding the world that no one here really gives a shit

:popcorn:

I'm a two time Gaslight Theatre Charlie Award winner and I haven't watched or cared about the Oscars for almost twenty years.

3 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Some omissions in the memoriam:

Paul Sorvino - Died the same year as Ray Liotta.  Show some respect for Paulie and go back to your fing shinebox, Academy.

Fred Ward - He was in Right Stuff.  That alone makes him worthy.

Ted White - Veteran actor and stuntman and scariest Jason of them all.

Philip Baker Hall - His work with PT Anderson, Midnight Run, Insider is more than enough.  Big mistake leaving him out.

Leslie Jordan

Leslie Jordan was a big miss imo especially when the showed people like a Publicity Executive. 

16 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Grammar cops probably give a shit about that misused apostrophe in Oscar's 2023.   :biggrin:

Autocorrect is an abomination