Geddy's memoir scheduled for (postponed to July 11th) (Now postponed to Nov. 14th :( ) release! Let the ordering begin!

blueschica

Geddy's memoir/autobiography is now scheduled for release on May 16th!  Pre orders are available at these links-

Amazon links-  Hardcover  $ 31.50       https://www.amazon.com/dp/0063159414?tag=cygnusx1-20

Kindle             13.50     https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FLPT2N1?tag=cygnusx1-20

Audio CD       39.99.      https://www.amazon.com/dp/0063159457?tag=cygnusx1-20       

LOL right now it has the confusing title of "Untitled Memoir".   More news to follow!  Thank you to John at https://www.cygnus-x1.net      which is a great source for all things Rush!

LE1Khyd.png

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 8

I'm going to hold off on ordering and wait to see what comes along before release date. I would much rather buy from the publisher directly than throw more money at Amazon. And who knows, maybe there will be signed copies available...

• Like 4

Geddy's memoir is a whopping 512 pages in length.

Ernie Banks hit 512 home runs in his career.  

There are NO coincidences.  :biggrin:

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Will catch up on it on Audible.  Which reminds me, I need to finish the recent memoirs by Geena Davis and Lol Tolhurst of The Cure.

Audiobook format makes me comprehend better.

Nikki Sixx's autobiography, The First 21,  is a good one, too, I listened to that.  Not sure if it was Audible or if I bought it from Amazon.  

Hopefully available at same time in UK. 

With a bit of luck I can con (I mean convince!) my missus into purchasing it as an early birthday pressie for me!

• Like 3

On 3/6/2023 at 2:51 PM, Rush Didact said:

I'm going to hold off on ordering and wait to see what comes along before release date. I would much rather buy from the publisher directly than throw more money at Amazon. 

You can't buy direct from HarperCollins. Traditional publishing doesn't do that. All their products go through a distributor, whether Amazon, B&N, whatever.

Also, HarperCollins is a subsidiary of News Corp, which owns Fox News. Is it important to you to support that conglomerate?

21 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Will catch up on it on Audible.  Which reminds me, I need to finish the recent memoirs by Geena Davis and Lol Tolhurst of The Cure.

Audiobook format makes me comprehend better.

Plus it would be cool to hear Geddy narrate it himself...hope that's the case.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, blueschica said:

Nikki Sixx's autobiography, The First 21,  is a good one, too, I listened to that.  Not sure if it was Audible or if I bought it from Amazon.  

It's amazon either way, they own Audible. I had a subscription for 5 years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Weatherman said:

You can't buy direct from HarperCollins. Traditional publishing doesn't do that. All their products go through a distributor, whether Amazon, B&N, whatever.

Also, HarperCollins is a subsidiary of News Corp, which owns Fox News. Is it important to you to support that conglomerate?

Then I will support my local independent bookstore or something. My point was, I don't want my money going to Amazon.

• Like 5

I wonder if he'll do a book tour. I wish he would do like Grohl and Bono did/are doing, that would be pretty cool. I'd rather sit and listen to him talk and tell stories for an hour or two as opposed to waiting on line for 5 hours to have 10 seconds with him like with BBBoB (which, don't get me wrong, was fantastic).

• Like 5

I'm gonna wait to buy it from a book store or the publisher. I really, really, REALLY hope he does a book tour. I don't care if I have to wait hours in a line... it would be worth it to have even a few seconds to actually meet him in person.

• Like 5

On 3/6/2023 at 1:51 PM, Rush Didact said:

I'm going to hold off on ordering and wait to see what comes along before release date. I would much rather buy from the publisher directly than throw more money at Amazon. And who knows, maybe there will be signed copies available...

I'm holding off too until about a week before in case there is a book tour announced.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 3:27 PM, Laurabw said:

I wonder if he'll do a book tour. I wish he would do like Grohl and Bono did/are doing, that would be pretty cool. I'd rather sit and listen to him talk and tell stories for an hour or two as opposed to waiting on line for 5 hours to have 10 seconds with him like with BBBoB (which, don't get me wrong, was fantastic).

He did that a few times for his bass book but I think they were mostly in Canada.

I have been waiting for this, thank you blueschica for posting about it.

Totally going to get it, it's something I have been waiting for!

Wasn't there somewhere, where people were posting prototype titles?

More chances to use memes :geddy::banana::cheer: (noticing that there are a few hockey and sports memes but not baseball - oops?)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bahamas said:

I have been waiting for this, thank you blueschica for posting about it.

Totally going to get it, it's something I have been waiting for!

Wasn't there somewhere, where people were posting prototype titles?

More chances to use memes :geddy::banana::cheer: (noticing that there are a few hockey and sports memes but not baseball - oops?)

Paul, the Danforth & Pape guy that sells fun Rush t shirts, made this meme! It made me laugh, although we all know Ged is too modest for this one!

2R2X4v1l.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, blueschica said:

Paul, the Danforth & Pape guy that sells fun Rush t shirts, made this meme! It made me laugh, although we all know Ged is too modest for this one!

2R2X4v1l.jpg

Why bother finishing high school when you can easily get your GED right here?!   :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2023 at 8:21 PM, ytserush said:

He did that a few times for his bass book but I think they were mostly in Canada.

He did??

On 3/11/2023 at 1:21 AM, ytserush said:

18 hours ago, Laurabw said:

He did??

There was this one in Manchester, England...

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 10:32 AM, Lurkst said:

There was this one in Manchester, England...

That's one of them.

I think there was one in Montreal too. I tried to search a bit around here but I wasn't able to locate the thread where the interviews were posted.

• The title was changed to Geddy's memoir scheduled for May 16th(postponed to July 11th) release! Let the ordering begin!
  • The title was changed to Geddy's memoir scheduled for (postponed to July 11th) (Now postponed to Nov. 14th :( ) release! Let the ordering begin!