Pat Benatar: Is there an official video for Hit Me With Your Best Shot; has it been scrubbed?

NoahLutz

I've been watching some music videos from the early MTV era, and I wanted to see the one for Hit Me With Your Best Shot.  For some reason I remember a video with Benatar in a boxing ring.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any official video for the studio version of the song.  Have I misremembered the existence of this video, or has it been scrubbed from the internet?

This may be one of those "Mandela Effect" things the kids are always on about, because I sure think I remember hearing that song on MTV, but now that I'm asked about it, the specifics all fade away.

In short, I can't help!

It may have been scrubbed, given that Benatar no longer includes the song in her live set because it, in her telling, could be construed as referring to gun violence.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

It may have been scrubbed, given that Benatar no longer includes the song in her live set because it, in her telling, could be construed as referring to gun violence.

I saw that explanation many times, but it was always in relation to her not playing the song live.  I can't even find one reference to the video.  

11 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

When I saw her 15 years ago or so she had ladies from the audience sing it, because she was sick of it.  :biggrin:

I relate, as I hated playing it in the band I was drumming in.  :zzz: