2023 College Basketball thread

laughedatbytime

FAU?   WTF?

Fun to see, for sure.  FAU, SDSU or Creighton will be playing in the National Championship game!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

Does that include any overtimes?

No.  Only 3 of the 36 games were won by margins less than 10 points.

A moment of silence for Florida Memorial College.  In mid-December Nova beat them 153-98.

8 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

The Zags are clearly cursed. 3 of 21? Should have gotten the live chicken.

Don't fuq with Jobu's rum.   82 UConn - Gonzaga 54

Jesus K Riest!

• Like 1

UConn has looked pretty unstoppable throughout the entire tournament. Might be yet another title for them if they keep this up.

There's already going to be history with just the title matchup possibilities as LABT mentioned, but I'm personally wanting to see a Big East showdown of UConn vs. Creighton for the added hype. From living there for a time, I know Omaha LOVES their Blue Jays and in addition to hosting the College World Series this would do a lot for them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Analog Cub said:

UConn has looked pretty unstoppable throughout the entire tournament. Might be yet another title for them if they keep this up.

Too bad that the Lady Huskies couldn't folllow suit.  Their and Geno's quest for a 14th consecutive Final Four broken up by Ohio State.

Aw hell, who am I kidding?  Go Lady Canes!

18 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

About 5 miles North of me is the Town of Davie, FL, wherin stands Nova Southeastern University.  The Shark's Men's basketball team just finished running the table, going 36-0 and winning the NCAA Division 2 Men's Championship afer beating West Liberty University (WV), 111-101.  Go Sharks!

"A perfect end to a perfect season..." , so fetes sports beat writer Dave Hyde on the front page page of this morning's Sun-Sentinel.

34 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

"A perfect end to a perfect season..." , so fetes sports beat writer Dave Hyde on the front page page of this morning's Sun-Sentinel.

Would it be horribly pedantic to suggest that a perfect season requires the end to also be perfect and therefore Mr. Hyde is being redundant here?

On the other hand, the team does deserve some credit for not Patrioting the final game.

2 hours ago, blueschica said:

Not sure that was a foul by the Creighton player.  They should just let the players play in the last few seconds unless its really obvious.

Methinks the referees were NFL officials in disguise!   :ohmy:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, goose said:

Miami just got a crap pushing off call.   :thumbsdown:

But Texas was getting trying to get fancy, and Miami stealing the ball a couple times

Lady Canes vs LSU, regional final on ESPN.  Back and forth.

I was hoping the Canes would win, now they just need to beat Uconn and Florida Atl beats the Aztecs.

I want to see if the ratings in the Miami market would be higher with two local teams playing than they will be in Indianapolis/Bloomington, Lexington KY, or Raliegh/Durham.   My guess is they wouldn't.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blueschica said:

Not sure that was a foul by the Creighton player.  They should just let the players play in the last few seconds unless its really obvious.

On replay it looked like he pushed off pretty good with his left hand but it's hard to know if that pushed him over enough to affect the shot. It looked like it was pretty short and with him being that close it probably did affect him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BastillePark said:

On replay it looked like he pushed off pretty good with his left hand but it's hard to know if that pushed him over enough to affect the shot. It looked like it was pretty short and with him being that close it probably did affect him. 

What looked like a foul for sure to me was the push on the inbounds steal for the score and tie earlier.   It was a very smart defensive play, though

On 3/19/2023 at 3:07 PM, laughedatbytime said:

Caitlin Clark is the queen of flops so I hope they're an early out too.

Well, Clark dropped 40 and a triple double in Iowa's Elite 8 win over Louisville, then posted 41pts as Iowa took out undefeated SoCarolina in the Final Four.  She's fun to watch

• Like 1

3 hours ago, goose said:

Well, Clark dropped 40 and a triple double in Iowa's Elite 8 win over Louisville, then posted 41pts as Iowa took out undefeated SoCarolina in the Final Four.  She's fun to watch

The LeBron of women's college basketball...

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

The LeBron of women's college basketball...

Clark is a model for young african american men around the globe

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, goose said:

Clark is a model for young african american men around the globe

I was thinking more of scrappy Duke point guards whose teammates are slow getting back on defense...

• Haha 1

Congratulations SDSU.  FAU just couldn't match the Aztecs physically, and SD beat them up.  That Technical fired the Aztecs up, as iffy as that call was.

On to game two, and please no more "UConn by a deuce" jokes.

Edited by pjbear05