2023 College Basketball thread

laughedatbytime

It's not just a play-in game, but the actual "First Round" ?!?

:rolleyes:

Live nationwide on TruTV!

:thumbsdown:

I'll be checking my phone for Nevada scores tonight

15 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

You might want to pit the phone away early...

Beat down!

I figured lightning wouldn't strike twice though.  EWU took down PAC12 WSU yesterday in the NIT!

Edited by goose

11 minutes ago, goose said:

Beat down!

I figured lightning wouldn't strike twice though.  EWU took down PAC12 WSU yesterday in the NIT!

Obviously, the committee put the wrong team in the Big Dance....

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, goose said:

Proof they need to expand!!!

:biggrin:

Hey, they won the second half!   Just ran out of time...

• Haha 1

Wow, the refs just flat out cheated in the Duke game, assigning a foul to a different player to avoid the 5th on a key Dukie. Never seen it that blatant before

ESPN has cancelled their regular programming in recognition of today's tragic events.

Rock Chalk Losing Jayhawk, as former Nevada coach Bill Musselman and the Razorbacks take down Kansas.

17 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

I'm sure it's a sign of stunted maturity, but Mizzou being knocked out is much softened by Kansas losing, too! And Duke on top of that? What a a day!

That Arkansas win was fantastic!  TRF's Mystic Rythm is a big fan, so I was happy when his team took out #1 seed Kansas.  In general, I love the upsets...though my bracket has taken a beating.

• Like 1

Iowa State played an absolutely embarrassing game against Pitt :facepalm: Drake and Iowa also lost their first rounds, but at least Drake's game was a fun match.

Caitlin Clark and the Iowa girls team are a terrifying matchup for anyone, though.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Analog Cub said:

Iowa State played an absolutely embarrassing game against Pitt :facepalm: Drake and Iowa also lost their first rounds, but at least Drake's game was a fun match.

Caitlin Clark and the Iowa girls team are a terrifying matchup for anyone, though.

I usually try to root for Big Ten teams but Fran and Connor McCaffrey and Payton Sandford are such dicks I actually was hoping a Bruce Pearl team would beat them.  And, since it's March, they did.

Caitlin Clark is the queen of flops so I hope they're an early out too.

• Haha 1

Another March, another early ending to another horseshit year of Hoosier basketball.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, laughedatbytime said:

Another March, another early ending to another horseshit year of Hoosier basketball.

My God, I remember back in the late 60's-early 70's when IU basketball was the terror of the nation, much less the B10.  This throttling is bad enough, but by my boys THE CANES?

Ho hum, just another day in the office for Jim Larranaga.  See ya in KC!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

I usually try to root for Big Ten teams but Fran and Connor McCaffrey and Payton Sandford are such dicks I actually was hoping a Bruce Pearl team would beat them.  And, since it's March, they did.

Caitlin Clark is the queen of flops so I hope they're an early out too