Raquel Welsh dead at 82

zepphead

I do remember her.  How can I not to, and why wouldn't I?  I've seen her in some t.v. show episodes, too.  She was another famous person, who passed away from a "brief illness" recently.  She will be missed, and remembered.  My condolences, and sympathies, to her family, and friends.  R.I.P., Raquel. 

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 3

RIP Raquel. I don`t think I saw her in anything apart from Peter Cook and Dudley Moore`s Bedazzled, but she made an impression. In fact, I actually dreamt about her last night and that`s the extent of what I`m prepared to share here. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Principled Man said:

The cast of Fantastic Voyage was most impressive!

Stephen (Don't call me Messala) Boyd as Grant  
Raquel Welch as Cora
Edmond O'Brien as General Carter
Donald Pleasence as Dr. Michaels
Arthur O'Connell as Col. Donald Reid
William Redfield as Capt. Bill Owens
Arthur Kennedy as Dr. Duval

James Brolin (Technician)

James "Scotty!" Doohan as Dr. Sawyer (uncredited)

tnvminzsyos41.jpg?auto=webp&s=2845669ab0

Just noticed it expires on HBO Max this month.  I’ll get to it this month.

18 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Did he buy her workout video?  :biggrin:

My sister did!  :biggrin::biggrin:  She used to make snacks and sit there and watch it like a movie! :facepalm:    "Cute outfits".  etc etc.  She is funny!

• Like 1

On 2/15/2023 at 3:47 PM, Principled Man said:

Nothing left but some damn rocks on a window sill....and that cupcake on the wall.  Let's ask her...maybe she knows.
What say there, fuzzy-britches?  Feel like talking?  Guess not!  Why should she be any different? 

This is a conspiracy, that's what this is.  One big, damn conspiracy....and everyone's in on it!  Including HER!  

Who would have thought that Raquel Welch's greatest achievement would be helping Andy Dufresne escape from prison.... :biggrin:

Stole my post! :biggrin:

Original_1966_UK_One_Million_Years_B.C._

This was the film that first introduced me to Raquel (and Ray Harryhausen) back in the early 70s when I was a mere teenager. Okay, so she couldn't act her way out of a crisp packet, but she played the role for laughs and did her best with the material provided. 

Soon after I saw her in "The Three Musketeers"  (1973), which didn't stretch her acting abilities, but again she was pleasing on the eye and did her best with the limited acting role

• Like 1