Happy 30th Anniversary, Groundhog Day!

Principled Man

Brilliant writing by Harold Ramis and Danny Rubin.

Wonderful acting by Bill Murray and the entire cast.

Phil Connors never aged, and neither did this excellent film.    

Andie MacDowell is still not returning my calls..... *SIGH*  :sad:

hqdefault.jpg

1993-GROUNDHOG-DAY-010.jpg?width=465&qua

I am a god, not The God....I don't think.

-- Phil Connors

• Like 4

Sky Movies think they are so funny every year, repeating Groundhog Day all day. It`s definitely a film that you can pop in and see five random minutes of and be amused by, such is the quality of the writing and acting in practically every scene. Stephen Tobolowsky is the highlight of the film for me.

• Like 1

Saw it opening Sunday with my dad in 6th grade.  Nice to see some movies from my childhood like this and Sandlot age well.  Can't say the same for Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot and that (RIP Cindy Williams) Bingo dog movie. :laugh:

Worth noting it's Michael Shannon's film debut.  Very different from the brooding and villain roles he's played since.

Edited by invisible airwave

3 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Sky Movies think they are so funny every year, repeating Groundhog Day all day. It`s definitely a film that you can pop in and see five random minutes of and be amused by, such is the quality of the writing and acting in practically every scene. Stephen Tobolowsky is the highlight of the film for me.

Hynden Walch and Michael Shannon as the young couple, Debbie and Fred, steal the scene when Phil gives them the Wrestlemania tickets. 

Fred kisses Rita and Debbie is all over it, giving her the death stare..... :laugh:

• Like 1

I love this movie.  I was hoping it would be on one of the cable channels today, but it isn't. Maybe on the weekend. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maverick said:

We have this on at work right now, on a big screen.  Big, big screen.

Our tax dollars, hard at work...

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2023 at 5:27 PM, Krystal said:

I love this movie.  I was hoping it would be on one of the cable channels today, but it isn't. Maybe on the weekend. 

It was on Showtime a couple of years ago and Starz recently since they play older Sony movies.  Not even on Netflix, the new first run home for Sony since they left Starz.  Thankfully, I have it in the cloud on Movies Anywhere/Vudu.

This and April Fool's Day are the non Christmas holiday movies I always watch every year.

Edited by invisible airwave