• George Michael
  • Willie Nelson
  • Rage Against the Machine
  • Soundgarden
  • The Spinners
  • A Tribe Called Quest
  • The White Stripes
  • Warren Zevon

I think Kate Bush got a huge boost from Stranger Things but still doesn't belong and neither does A Tribe Called Quest or The White Stripes, imo. For me, this year's inductees should include, Iron Maiden, Joy Division/New Order, George Michael, Willie Nelson, RATM, The Spinners, and Warren Zevon. 

What would be your choices?

Edited by Fordgalaxy
  • Like 2

Glad to see Warren Zevon on the list.... and Kate Bush definitely DOES belong in there ... a damn sight better than some of the sh*te that has been inducted previously!

• Like 7

Well... I loved the White Stripes back in the early 00s. RATM and Soundgarden too. Although I`m indifferent towards them, I know many people who love Joy Division and New Order. Some people here seem to like Iron Maiden. I always thought Sheryl Crow was kinda hot. I`ve seen worse lists. 

• Like 4

I hate the rock hall, just in general, but if there were a good music hall of fame, all of these acts would definitely belong.

• Like 2

Just now, blueschica said:

I'm not really getting Willie Nelson, although I like listening to him. I guess they want more discussion like there was for Dolly Parton?

They don’t really care about the artists they induct being rock anymore. That’s my take on the recent country inductions.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

They don’t really care about the artists they induct being rock anymore. That’s my take on the recent country inductions.

Bwahaha, they stopped giving a fuq decades ago.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Well... I loved the White Stripes back in the early 00s. RATM and Soundgarden too. Although I`m indifferent towards them, I know many people who love Joy Division and New Order. Some people here seem to like Iron Maiden. I always thought Sheryl Crow was kinda hot. I`ve seen worse lists. 

Sheryl Crow was a hit machine and for that has earned a place, imo.  Same with George Michael,  I suppose.  Warren Zevon is a great old hipster's choice.  

Lol if Maiden doesn't get in.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Iron Maiden

RATM

The White Stripes

Soundgarden

Warren Zevon

Swap in either Kate Bush or Sheryl Crow for the White Stripes, and this is my list.

Edited by grep
  • Like 3

Great list! fyi ... there are 15 members into both the RRHOF and the Country Music HOF. I would like to see Willie get the Lifetime Achievement Award.

Look up ... List of RRHOF inucties  ... on wiki to see. 

Edited by Tinwoodsman
Add
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, blueschica said:

I'm not really getting Willie Nelson, although I like listening to him. I guess they want more discussion like there was for Dolly Parton?

I was gonna put in for Iron Maiden,  but decided they need to be in the Country Music Hall Of Fame.

Seriously,  though.  Iron Maiden and Soundgarden. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ozzy85 said:

I was gonna put in for Iron Maiden,  but decided they need to be in the Country Music Hall Of Fame.

Seriously,  though.  Iron Maiden and Soundgarden. 

Both deserVed for illustrious contributions! There are other categories  but only 5-7 get inducted. No bad luck!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tinwoodsman said:

Both deserVed for illustrious contributions! There are other categories  but only 5-7 get inducted. No bad luck!

Surprised Maiden hasn't already been in. 

• Like 4

Soundgarden is the only one I'm 100% behind.  Good cases can be made for several others.

Soundgarden and Alice In Chains were the most grungy of the well known grunge bands.  I'd say Pearl Jam was more straight forward rock, and Nirvana alt/post-punk.  Past that none of the other grunge bands were as influential, well known enough, or lacked longevity to ever get in, so those are the likely 4 that will get in over time.  Chris Cornell had Audioslave and some solo success, died tragically, and was (as far as I know) viewed favorably by most in the music biz.  Matt Cameron also successfully carries on with Pearl Jam.  Their influence extends past the recordings.

Edited by stoopid
  • Like 5

On 2/1/2023 at 3:23 PM, zepphead said:

Glad to see Warren Zevon on the list.... and Kate Bush definitely DOES belong in there ... a damn sight better than some of the sh*te that has been inducted previously!

Yeah, 2019 Zombies?  They had a few good songs but not RRHOF calibre IMHO

• Like 2

Zombies belong in! She’s Not There and Tell Her No are both super important to the early British Invasion, and the whole Odyssey And Oracle album is even more important to psychedelia. They were one of the first ever bands to use a mellotron, and in fact used the very same one that The Beatles had just finished using on Strawberry Fields Forever for Odyssey And Oracle.

• Like 2

kate bush - one of the most unique female vocalist/artist ever. one needs to do a deep dive into her material to appreciate it. 

iron maiden - not a fan, but respect the longevity. If you have Judas Priest in, you gotta have Maiden. 

willie nelsen - the most rock n roll thing about willie is being grandpa weed promoter, even when it wasn't widely accepted. 

soundgarden - chris cornell could also easily be inducted for his work outside of soundgarden. but kim and matt are legendary as well. In typical RRHOF style they'll get in because Wenner knows dead rock stars get sympathy. 

The white stripes - jack's material is just weird as f**k and he's not pandering to anyone. if they weren't famous, they'd still be busking on a street corner for fun. and that's rock n roll. 

I limited it to my top five. 

• Like 2

On 2/3/2023 at 12:02 AM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Zombies belong in! She’s Not There and Tell Her No are both super important to the early British Invasion, and the whole Odyssey And Oracle album is even more important to psychedelia. They were one of the first ever bands to use a mellotron, and in fact used the very same one that The Beatles had just finished using on Strawberry Fields Forever for Odyssey And Oracle.

I think Moody Blues are far more well known for using the mellotron and the Beatles of course.  Don't get me wrong I liked the Zombies songs but don't think they were as an influential group as others who have not been inducted, like Goose mentioned Jethro Tull...seriously?  They deserve recognition far more IMHO.

• Like 3