Ozzy cancels all shows (again); says touring career is over. :(

blueschica

I think we all saw this was coming, but it's still sad.  (I hope Zumbi can get a refund. ). Sounds like Sharon is working on ideas so the fans can still see him. Vegas residency?

From CNN-

"Ozzy Osbourne announced the cancellation of his upcoming shows, and said his touring career is over because he “is not physically capable (of it).” 

In a statement released on Wednesday, the 74-year-old said he had a major accident four years ago in which he damaged his spine and that he can no longer cope with the travel required for a tour. 

“My one and only purpose during this time has been to get back on stage,” he said. “My singing voice is fine. However, after three operations, stem cell treatments, endless physical therapy, and most recently groundbreaking Cybernics (HAL) Treatment, my body is still physically weak.”

Osbourne’s team, he added in the statement, is “currently coming up with ideas for where I will be able to perform without having to travel from city to city and country to country.”

He ended the statement by thanking his family, band, crew, longtime friends, Judas Priest and his fans “for their endless dedication, loyalty, and support, and for giving me the life that I never ever dreamed I would have.”

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 6

• The title was changed to Ozzy cancels all shows (again); says touring career is over. :(

Sounds like it is time to say farewell (to live stuff at least).

The thought of a Vegas residency is the very antithesis of everything Sabbath stood for. I really hope it doesn't happen.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, zepphead said:

The thought of a Vegas residency is the very antithesis of everything Sabbath stood for. I really hope it doesn't happen.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, zepphead said:

Sharon would beg to differ. I don't think he's physically capable of it. 

• Like 2

We've all known for a long time that he's not up for touring anymore. Even if he sits down for shows, I think even random one offs or residencies are out of the question because he doesn't know from day to day what the Parkinson's will be doing to him. He doesn't owe us anything anymore and should enjoy whatever time he has left just relaxing and enjoying all he has accomplished. His new album is his best since No More Tears. He should leave it at that and go out on a very high note. Not many artists who have been around for as long as he has can do that.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, zepphead said:

But what does $haron $tand for? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

More $how$

Filling $eat$
$elling T-$hirt$
Ca$h Flow
$crewing Bob Daisly

What else?

Edited by grep
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I kinda figured. How much more can a body physically take? A couple of years ago he wanted to tour and several fans were saying to stop, take it easy, man. I agree. This coming from a fan since high school in the 80's. He still makes good albums, and that's fine by me. I'll buy them. If your fans care, they'll do the same.

• Like 4

"I cant effen believe you guys effen made it heeeere! Said Ozzy on Good Friday 2014 ...

Saskatoon standing room only

WHITE KNUCKLER to the show and I have a t-shirt to prove it. Quite an adventure!

Wishing Mr. Osborne safe travels in the future and THANKS!

• Like 3

Saw him once, really enjoyed the show. I remember it being a very short show (maybe 70 minutes) It was the first album, he played a couple of tracks from the yet to be released Diary of a Madman album (Believer and Flying High Again iirc) was one of the loudest shows I've ever attended. I saw the bass moved my jean jacket, and my ears were ringing for the next couple of days. Such a great band Sarzo/Rhoads/Aldridge and Airy I think

• Like 2

Love Ozzy and his music.    I think we'll hear more music from him.

My last time seeing Ozzy and Sabbath.   I've seen the band a few times ( Ozzy version only ) and when they were in their peak.   Great memories.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, grep said:

More $how$

Filling $eat$
$elling T-$hirt$
Ca$h Flow
$crewing Bob Daisly

What else?

Shutup and Take My Money meme

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

We've all known for a long time that he's not up for touring anymore. Even if he sits down for shows, I think even random one offs or residencies are out of the question because he doesn't know from day to day what the Parkinson's will be doing to him. He doesn't owe us anything anymore and should enjoy whatever time he has left just relaxing and enjoying all he has accomplished. His new album is his best since No More Tears. He should leave it at that and go out on a very high note. Not many artists who have been around for as long as he has can do that.

Agreed, he's had a hell of a career, so I have nothing but respect for his decision. I hope he enjoys his retirement thoroughly.

• Like 3

He's got two Grammys tonight.  Wouldn't surprise me if it were a sympathy vote because of the recent passing of Jeff Beck and Grammys have been useless to me since Celine Dion beat Fugees, Beck and Smashing Pumpkins for album of the year.

I'm glad at least someone beat MGK, though.  He is to punk what Vanilla Ice was to rap.

53 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

He's got two Grammys tonight.  Wouldn't surprise me if it were a sympathy vote because of the recent passing of Jeff Beck and Grammys have been useless to me since Celine Dion beat Fugees, Beck and Smashing Pumpkins for album of the year.

I'm glad at least someone beat MGK, though.  He is to punk what Vanilla Ice was to rap.

Could be sympathy votes or it could be because he's Ozzy f***in Osbourne and he released his best album in 30 years and was going to win it whether Jeff Beck had passed away or not. Also, you're giving the Grammys too much credit. They probably had no clue that Jeff Beck played on the album. Some of them probably don't even know who he is.

• Like 1

I only saw them once on The End tour, so glad I did. But even then he was moving around like an old man. But I love him as much as ever and feel bad for him.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Could be sympathy votes or it could be because he's Ozzy f***in Osbourne and he released his best album in 30 years and was going to win it whether Jeff Beck had passed away or not. Also, you're giving the Grammys too much credit. They probably had no clue that Jeff Beck played on the album. Some of them probably don't even know who he is.

Ozzy or Beck?  :smile:

• Haha 1