Brady Retires (again)

edhunter

Don't forget about Nick Foles, who beat him by a greater margin, and put up more points in one game than Eli did in 2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

The bad man is finally gone (again).

I won't fully believe it until I see Game 1 without him.

The talk here on Boston sports radio is that this time he had a very short list of teams he would go to, and they told him no. Prime candidates were San Francisco and Miami.

1 minute ago, edhunter said:

The talk here on Boston sports radio is that this time he had a very short list of teams he would go to, and they told him no. Prime candidates were San Francisco and Miami.

It'd be incredibly dumb for either of those cities to sideline potentially great new quarterbacks to let Brady have one more year of glory.

• Like 2

Just now, Union 5-3992 said:

It'd be incredibly dumb for either of those cities to sideline potentially great new quarterbacks to let Brady have one more year of glory.

Purdy may not be ready and Lance is a completely unknown quantity so if he could still play that would be perfect for him.   But I don't think he can.

2 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I get that with San Francisco. Miami is one  bad hit away from not having a quarterback though.

5 minutes ago, edhunter said:

:rofl2:

That just reeked of desperation. What are you, 9?😁

Desperation? 

:rofl1::laugh:

As for being 9, the picture in the OP personifies 9 year old behavior.

2 hours ago, edhunter said:

I get that with San Francisco. Miami is one  bad hit away from not having a quarterback though.

So is SF.   In fact, that hit may have already occurred.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, edhunter said:

Exactly! You know where that's from, don't you?

I used to but I honestly don't remember.   I think it was him doing an imitation of Eagle fans or something on one of the early Manningcasts iirc.

I actually kind of like Eli, it's just that he's very overrated and made his name on two throws, a great one and a lucky one.

26 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

I used to but I honestly don't remember.   I think it was him doing an imitation of Eagle fans or something on one of the early Manningcasts iirc.

I actually kind of like Eli, it's just that he's very overrated and made his name on two throws, a great one and a lucky one.

That's just the nature of the game though. One could argue that if the ref doesn't make an obscure call that no had ever heard of in 2002, Brady would have faded into oblivion.

37 minutes ago, edhunter said:

That's just the nature of the game though. One could argue that if the ref doesn't make an obscure call that no had ever heard of in 2002, Brady would have faded into oblivion.

The list of people who bailed Brady's ass out in Super Bowls or that got him there in the first place is lengthy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edhunter said:

Why?  He went on to play in 6 more Super Bowls after that season.

2 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

The list of people who bailed Brady's ass out in Super Bowls or that got him there in the first place is lengthy.

Let me get this straight.  Brady lost 3 Super Bowls single-handedly.  He played on 7 teams that won Super Bowls in spite of him?

• Haha 1

Just now, Rick N. Backer said:

Why?  He went on to play in 6 more Super Bowls after that season.

Go back and see how it would've been different though. Instead of being the young new hero, he'd be the 2nd year backup who played pretty well until he coughed up the ball at a critical moment in a playoff game. That would be the lasting image going into training camp. With Bledsoe being healthy and having the biggest contract in the league at the time,  Bill probably would've went back to him. Brady may not have gotten another shot.

13 minutes ago, edhunter said:

Go back and see how it would've been different though. Instead of being the young new hero, he'd be the 2nd year backup who played pretty well until he coughed up the ball at a critical moment in a playoff game. That would be the lasting image going into training camp. With Bledsoe being healthy and having the biggest contract in the league at the time,  Bill probably would've went back to him. Brady may not have gotten another shot.

Possibly.  I think Bill wanted to move on from Bledsoe (he was not a fan when he was the Jets DC) but Kraft loved him, so maybe without SB36 it would have been tough to push him out.

3 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Possibly.  I think Bill wanted to move on from Bledsoe (he was not a fan when he was the Jets DC) but Kraft loved him, so maybe without SB36 it would have been tough to push him out.

Don't forget that Bledsoe led them to the Super Bowl after Brady led them to 0 points in the AFC Championship game before leaving with an injury.  Then Brady had less than 100 yrs passing in the first 58 minutes of the Super Bowl.

3 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

Don't forget that Bledsoe led them to the Super Bowl after Brady led them to 0 points in the AFC Championship game before leaving with an injury.  Then Brady had less than 100 yrs passing in the first 58 minutes of the Super Bowl.

What happened in the last 2 minutes?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

What happened in the last 2 minutes?

Nothing that half the league's quarterbacks couldn't have done.  5 for 8, 53 yards, three of the completions were dumpoffs to running backs, a 6 yard throw to a tight end, and one pass for 23 yards to a wide receiver.  Fortunately for him, Scott Norwood was not the kicker attempting the 48 harder to win the game.  Then again, if even after fumbling to lose the divisional playoff game, his kicker wouldn't have made a kick with as high a degree of difficulty as possible, he wouldn't have even been in this game.

The QB that won the year before had a better playoff run.

Edited by laughedatbytime

21 hours ago, edhunter said:

eli-manning.jpg?width=600

How many times did Brady lose to Eli in the Superbowl?

Twice.   One of those times ended his season 18-1.  LOL.  We shall never forget. 

Edited by grep