Bobby Hull passed away at age 84

blackhawkrush

RIP, Golden Jet! When I was in first grade we lived outside Chicago (in the great tri K, Kankakee, IL :laugh:) and Hull would sometimes be in town parades and such. He and Stan Mikita, with their banana blades, were our heroes. Such an accomplished player- they dont make them like that much anymore. RIP, Bobby. :rose:

• Like 5

RIP.   Saw him.play a lot as a kid (me not him).

Was hugely controversial taking on those cheap bastards the Wirtzes and ended up in Winnipeg when the WHA was formed.

If he didn't invent the slapshot, he was a key practitioner, and probably the most proficient, and feared, at a time when masks were sparsely used and a fraction of the size with a fraction of the protective value.

Played without a helmet and many of his post career comments probably reflected that.   But a first ballot HOFer and all time great.

• Like 4

When I was little, my parents bought me a pair of very cheap ice skates.  My dad told me when I learned to skate he would buy me a pair of real hockey skates.  I vividly remember running home from the MDC rink one day to tell my dad I could skate.  We went back to the rink, and I showed him.  True to his word, he took me to Marshall's, which sold discount everything, and bought me a pair of Bauer or CCM Bobby Hull skates.  I think they were factory seconds.  But I loved them.  And Hull became an early hero of mine because of it.

RIP Bobby.

Edited by Rick N. Backer
The skates were either Bauer or CCM
  • Like 4

Saw this yesterday but didn't get online until now.  Watched lots of tributes to him, Trottier and Chelios among them.  First player to score 50 goals in a season and continued to be a force on the ice.  RIP to a great hockey player :rose:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Saw this yesterday but didn't get online until now.  Watched lots of tributes to him, Trottier and Chelios among them.  First player to score 50 goals in a season and continued to be a force on the ice.  RIP to a great hockey player :rose:

Maurice Richard was the first to score 50 goals in a season. Hull was the first to score more than 50 in a season (54) Don't worry, the radio host of a show about Hull I was listening to yesterday got it wrong too. 

• Like 2

He was one of the best hockey players.  He will be missed, and remembered.  My condolences, and sympathies, to his family, and friends.  R.I.P., Bobby.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 3