5. Hammer On Hammer 3:09 
6. Wolf Unchained 4:58 
7. The Perfect One 3:49 
8. Trickster (And The Mistletoe) 3:00 
9. Cornucopia 3:51 
10. The Navigators 4:26 
11. Guardian's Watch 3:28 
12. Ithavoll 3:53

Containing twelve songs reminding the world of its iconic and influential Folk-inflected Rock sound, the legendary Jethro Tull return with 23rd studio album RökFlöte.

Recorded with the current JT line-up of Ian Anderson, David Goodier, John O’Hara, Scott Hammond and Joe Parrish James.

• Like 2

Hmmm.

Looks like it tells the story of the Norse Eddas?

I'll give it a listen, but I have a bias against the Jethro Tull cosplay Ian Anderson does these days. If his rationale for severing ties with some longstanding collaborators was that he wrote all the music anyway, then why not call this latest iteration the Ian Anderson Band? To sucker people into listening or buying, perhaps? Cynical, that.

• Like 2

And what's with the Motley Crue school of umlauts? If the second word is supposed to be "flute" then that would make the first word "rouk." Or if it's "rock" then the second thing would have to be "flawt." Unsightly. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Hmmm.

Looks like it tells the story of the Norse Eddas?

I'll give it a listen, but I have a bias against the Jethro Tull cosplay Ian Anderson does these days. If his rationale for severing ties with some longstanding collaborators was that he wrote all the music anyway, then why not call this latest iteration the Ian Anderson Band? To sucker people into listening or buying, perhaps? Cynical, that.

i agree....it's not Tull.....not really, lol  i passed on the Zealot Gene too........or whatever the last one was called.

Mick

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

More like Ian Anderson and Employees . . . !

Ian Anderson & The Help ?    :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Here's a good song title for Ian Anderson to use on a future "Tull" album ....

'No Barre No Tull'

.... you're welcome Ian.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, zepphead said:

'No Barre No Tull'

.... you're welcome Ian.

I might take a very leisurely approach to buying this album, ie I'll probably buy it in September or something... 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, treeduck said:

It is more of a solo project these days with the TULL name attached. Ian should bring back Martin Barre if he wants more of TULL construct. Maybe even get Barriemore Barlow out of mothballs as well.

4 hours ago, zepphead said:

'No Barre No Tull'

Yeah, same. Any Ian band called Jethro Tull has to include Barre at a bare minimum.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, treeduck said:

I might take a very leisurely approach to buying this album, ie I'll probably buy it in September or something... 

I'll take a listen first before committing to any purchase! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, treeduck said:

Well here's the first song:

It's actually not bad. (I must be getting soft in my old age!!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm more interested in the now overdue 40th Anniversary Broadsword & The Beast package, That was the first new album they released after I was introduced to Tull music, so I have deep nostalgia for that record. I have most of the 40th Anniversary packages and will buy all of them up to and including Crest of a Knave, if they decide to produce that many. 

This new record? hmm I'll likely pass. Got an mp3 copy of the Zealot Gene from a friend. Listened to it a couple of times and it is fine. I just think Ian's voice is in such a state that he barely sings and I too miss Martin's playing

• Like 1