RIP David Crosby

13 hours ago, blueschica said:

Our local news found a clip of CSNY playing Cinnamon Girl, which isn't really identified with Crosby much either?? Maybe younger folks did it? :biggrin:

that's just dumb and annoying. Research is apparently quite underrated in the news biz, in everyone's rush to get stories on the air.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2023 at 6:07 PM, Union 5-3992 said:

CSN was the first ever band I saw live back in 2010. It was a huge deal to me at the time as CSNY was one of the first bands I got into growing up. He released an album a few years ago called Lighthouse. This track really stood out to me. His voice is aged and weakened, but it can still command your attention and break your heart.

RIP

Gorgeous.  Thanks for sharing.

I've always appreciated Crosby's higher range harmonies, emulated them as a kid, and into adulthood even sang them in the various musical collaborations I've been a part of.  David was a truly inspiring musician.

:rose:

• Like 2

When he was in, and with the band, and group "Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young" including Neil Young in 1970, he had a recognizable, and distinguishable voice.  He will be missed, and remembered.  My condolences, to his family, and friends.  R.I.P., David.

• Like 3

On 1/19/2023 at 6:24 PM, ReRushed said:

I watched the documentary David Crosby: Remember My Name a while back and it was very informative and entertaining. I don't like everything David Crosby did and I don't agree with everything he said, but he did write and contribute to a lot damn fine music. Rest in peace.

This proves that even they fell victim to the 80s like Stones, Dylan and...PRESTO!... :rush:

Edited by invisible airwave