RIP David Crosby

The Deathlist boys had this guy on the list for the last four years and then this year they dropped him. 19 days later he's gone. It's the worst drop since Jack Klugman was missed. They're up in arms about it now! :wacko:

RIP

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My dad always played Deja Vu when I was growing up. One of our favorites was Our House. I've been a fan of CSNY and all iterations my whole life. So sad!

But, let's face it, all the classics, so many in their late 70s, 80s, ...dying.

Yet Keith Richards, which is what is what I post on my Facebook every single time...*shaking head.

• Like 3

CSN was the first ever band I saw live back in 2010. It was a huge deal to me at the time as CSNY was one of the first bands I got into growing up. He released an album a few years ago called Lighthouse. This track really stood out to me. His voice is aged and weakened, but it can still command your attention and break your heart.

RIP

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Laurabw said:

Yet Keith Richards, which is what is what I post on my Facebook every single time...*shaking head.

Ehhh sadly very wealthy functional addicts can live a long long time. It is what it is. 

David Crosby was a G-damned hilarious person, in addition to being a music legend.

We should all rejoice in knowing his talents.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Laurabw said:

My dad always played Deja Vu when I was growing up. One of our favorites was Our House. I've been a fan of CSNY and all iterations my whole life. So sad!

But, let's face it, all the classics, so many in their late 70s, 80s, ...dying.

Put Keith in bubble wrap! So much talent! 

• Like 1

RIP, David. :rose:  I am honestly surprised, and sad. I always thought that he was bulletproof. Drama often surrounded him but underneath it all he had a beautiful voice; I saw him twice with CSN in the 70s. Rest peacefully.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

CSN was the first ever band I saw live back in 2010. It was a huge deal to me at the time as CSNY was one of the first bands I got into growing up. He released an album a few years ago called Lighthouse. This track really stood out to me. His voice is aged and weakened, but it can still command your attention and break your heart.

RIP

Just lovely, his voice was a beautiful gift.  I saw CSN twice, once right after Woodstock (with Santana) and the next time they were the headliners.  I played their first album over and over...Thanks for sharing this video.

RIP :rose::sad:

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, custom55 said:

Goosebumps song

David retunes to the Croztune - EBDGAD.

Nice vid on his guitars and his love of Martins.  RIP David.

• Like 2

I don't want to derail this conversation about David with tangential info but- he himself mentioned some of his work was just the tip of the counterculture iceberg.

Nicely enough with his passing there will be a revival of his works and related music from the era he helped define.

• Like 2

Crosby, Stills & Nash - One of the few concerts that blew away my expectations.  They were magnificent - Stephen Stills, especially.  :thumbsup:    

I only saw them once, with my parents actually back in the'90s maybe? Just CSN though but it was really good. Their harmonies aren't matched by anybody. Well maybe early Eagles come close

• Like 2

I’ve never been a huge fan of CSN, but if the only thing they ever did was Suite: Judy Blue Eyes, their legacy would still be humongous. Rest in peace.

• Like 2

I watched the documentary David Crosby: Remember My Name a while back and it was very informative and entertaining. I don't like everything David Crosby did and I don't agree with everything he said, but he did write and contribute to a lot damn fine music. Rest in peace.

• Like 5

CNN did a piece on Crosby tonight.  When talking about his great songs with CSN, they showed a brief clip of them playing Teach Your Children, which was written by Graham Nash.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigMontanaSKY said:

Ehhh sadly very wealthy functional addicts can live a long long time. It is what it is. 

David Crosby was a G-damned hilarious person, in addition to being a music legend.

We should all rejoice in knowing his talents.

Love or hate him, never a dull moment on Twitter.  He was entertaining to follow and hear on his frequent interviews on John Fugelsang's SiriusXM talk show.  Disagreed with him on EVH, though.

1 hour ago, ReRushed said:

I watched the documentary David Crosby: Remember My Name a while back and it was very informative and entertaining. I don't like everything David Crosby did and I don't agree with everything he said, but he did write and contribute to a lot damn fine music. Rest in peace.

Saw that at my local Laemmle.  He was in another documentary I saw that year in the same theater, Jakob Dylan's Echo in the Canyon.

I had forgotten until today that he had a small role in Hook.  Saw that recorded off Showtime every day when I was 12.  Remember when Thud Budd stomps on the wood plank that hits him in the groin? :laugh: Say hi to Peter Pan and Smee for us.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

CNN did a piece on Crosby tonight.  When talking about his great songs with CSN, they showed a brief clip of them playing Teach Your Children, which was written by Graham Nash.  :biggrin:

Our local news found a clip of CSNY playing Cinnamon Girl, which isn't really identified with Crosby much either?? Maybe younger folks did it? :biggrin:

• Haha 1