Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Love- Forever Changes 

This is probably the only 60's/psych pop album that i think holds up.

most were dated and cheesy the second they dropped.  But i really like this one.

Mick

• Like 1

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

most were dated and cheesy the second they dropped.  But i really like this one.

Mick

Have you tried SF Sorrow by The Pretty Things?

6 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Tesla- The Great Radio Controversy 

Underrated band, I forgot how much I love them. I had a lot of their early stuff growing up, and always thought they were killer hard rock. Never understood the "hair metal" label, as this band reminds me still more of Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin and the like.

I have their first album, Mechanical Resonance, around her in my moving boxes.  Someplace.  I agree they were somewhat underrated.  Got to see them live twice back in the day.  Once in 1987 when their first album was out and they were opening up for Def Leopard (Hysteria tour).  Tesla was a good solid opening act.  The other time was about 1992 or 1993.  They were the headliner and they were blown off the stage by Firehouse who opened for them.  Somehow I did see them as hair metal though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

It's one of my top five albums of the sixties. See Beatles Rubber Soul, The Doors first two albums, and Pet Sounds for the rest.

• Like 3

Zeppelin-IV

I can't even rate this because growing up in the US this was introduced to us like breast milk via radio:laugh:

I mean i knew every song before i knew the entire Beatles discography.  it was just........there.

Having said that......Is it classic? yes.  is it my fav?  nope.

but it's got my respect.

Mick

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Zeppelin-IV

I can't even rate this because growing up in the US this was introduced to us like breast milk via radio:laugh:

I mean i knew every song before i knew the entire Beatles discography.  it was just........there.

Having said that......Is it classic? yes.  is it my fav?  nope.

but it's got my respect.

Mick

It's an amazing album, but like a lot of massive albums (think all of Queen), the radio has made it hard for me to enjoy them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

It's an amazing album, but like a lot of massive albums (think all of Queen), the radio has made it hard for me to enjoy them. 

funny thing is.......a night at the opera was more fresh to me than IV.  but i was not saturated with queen love......and i say honestly.....THANK GOD i wasn't born in the UK.  i'd probably scoff a bit at queen as well.

Queen is more loved these days but when i was a young boy.  nobody was praising Queen.

Mick

6 minutes ago, The Cat 3 said:

FromGenesistoRevelation.jpg

I don’t dislike this record, but what liking of it I do have comes down to it being a curiously unassuming start to an otherwise breathtaking discography.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Cat 3 said:

FromGenesistoRevelation.jpg

11 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I don’t dislike this record, but what liking of it I do have comes down to it being a curiously unassuming start to an otherwise breathtaking discography.

This album has really grown on me over the years.

I find myself listening to it more often than a few other Genesis albums.

I never understood how people think it is that far of a stretch to the next couple of albums.

It really is a “pretty” sounding album that was marketed as “baroque pop”.

• Like 1