Jump to content

Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9


The Cat 3
 Share

Recommended Posts

Arctic Monkeys- Arctic Monkeys 

 

Why am I not a huge fan of this band?

 

Oh wait, I think I might just be!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

The Killers- Pressure Machine 

 

This album is a triumph.

 

5 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Yes-90125 (10/10)

 

Mick

 

3 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Paramore- This Is Why

 

Okay I enjoyed this when it debuted. Now I'm obsessed! AOTY material

 

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Paramore- After Laughter

 

Okay this is much better than I remembered it. Oof!

 

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

The Killers- Pressure Machine

The Killers- Wonderful, Wonderful

It’s like you’re both trying to get my attention, and Segue you are winning!

 

Mick I actually happen to be playing 90125 right now, lol. 10/10 Yes absolutely!

 

Segue I love all of these albums (except I haven’t listened to Wonderful Wonderful yet!). So glad Paramore is clicking for you! TIW recently overtook Life Is But A Dream for my aoty top contender.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

 

 

 

 

Mick I actually happen to be playing 90125 right now, lol. 10/10 Yes absolutely!

 

 

 

 

i never used to like it but now it's easy top 5 Yes for me.

 

It's pop while being very prog-y as well.  they did it better than Asia IMO. and they had steve Freakin' Howe, lol

 

Mick

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

 

 

i never used to like it but now it's easy top 5 Yes for me.

 

It's pop while being very prog-y as well.  they did it better than Asia IMO. and they had steve Freakin' Howe, lol

 

Mick

Asia’s debut is sick, but oddly stale at times. I think they got lucky with that record and then discovered they really didn’t have the magic any of their old bands did afterwards. 90125 is a perfect reinvention. It keeps the spirit of Yes alive in a totally new context.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Asia’s debut is sick, but oddly stale at times. I think they got lucky with that record and then discovered they really didn’t have the magic any of their old bands did afterwards. 90125 is a perfect reinvention. It keeps the spirit of Yes alive in a totally new context.

 

 

my problem is a wish Asia had better production.  i can agree i like a lot of the materiel but i wish it had better stronger production.  90125's sound fits everything perfect to me.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

 

 

my problem is a wish Asia had better production.  i can agree i like a lot of the materiel but i wish it had better stronger production.  90125's sound fits everything perfect to me.

 

 

That’s Trevor Horn for you.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

 

 

 

 

It’s like you’re both trying to get my attention, and Segue you are winning!

 

Mick I actually happen to be playing 90125 right now, lol. 10/10 Yes absolutely!

 

Segue I love all of these albums (except I haven’t listened to Wonderful Wonderful yet!). So glad Paramore is clicking for you! TIW recently overtook Life Is But A Dream for my aoty top contender.

I have a soft spot for Paramore but the last two albums hadn't fully won me over 

 

I don't think they have a flawless discography but DAMN This Is Why is GREAT

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I have a soft spot for Paramore but the last two albums hadn't fully won me over 

 

I don't think they have a flawless discography but DAMN This Is Why is GREAT

Heck yeah it is!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fall Out Boy- Infinity On High

 

Okay I'm not huge on this band but TUNES ARE TUNES

 

Kasabian- Kasabian

 

Okay I am huge on this band AND THE TUNES ARE TUNING

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

 

 

my problem is a wish Asia had better production.  i can agree i like a lot of the materiel but i wish it had better stronger production.  90125's sound fits everything perfect to me.

 

 

John Payne's Asia is better!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 1975- The 1975

The Killers- Wonderful, Wonderful 

Arctic Monkeys- AM

Kings Of Leon- Come Around Sundown 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In Flames- Colony

In Flames- Soundtrack To Your Escape

 

Yeaaaaaah I think its time I admit it: In Flames are my favourite band.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/9/2023 at 5:02 PM, treeduck said:

What do you use for listening to music these days?

Mostly streaming off Apple music.  I LOVE my Sonos Move speakers, which follow me around the house and out in the yard. 

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Ozzy Osbourne Diary of A Madman (7/10)

 

meh.....yell at me all you want.  that's always been my reaction to ozzy solo....meh.

 

Ozzy solo is way too heralded IMO.  Much prefer him in Sabbath.

 

Mick

I agree.  I own one Ozzy solo album which is No More Tears.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, custom55 said:

I agree.  I own one Ozzy solo album which is No More Tears.

 

 

the one thing at struck me on Madman was gosh these songs sound so souless and ironically for ozzy just so corporate.  and this is album hailed as metal royalty?

 

ok....but i'll pass.  it is a far cry from the highs he reached in Sabbath.  He needed those guys.  they had Dio so at the time......did they need him? but commercially hw was fine so what do i know, lol

 

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Artic Monkeys-AM

 

Erm.......i tried for Segue yesterday.  had to turn it off.  It's this kind of retro 60's rock revival stuff i'm not fond of.  it's just.......not bad but if i'm gonna listen to this style i'll go to the source. rarely for me does a band capture that era and make it exciting.

 

Just me.

 

Mick

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Killers Pressure Machine (8/10)

 

I really enjoy this album but i think Imploding the Mirage is a few steps better.  i know they claim not to be doing it on purpose but there are times when this is almost too springsteen for it's own good.

 

still solid album.

 

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Killers Pressure Machine (8/10)

 

I really enjoy this album but i think Imploding the Mirage is a few steps better.  i know they claim not to be doing it on purpose but there are times when this is almost too springsteen for it's own good.

 

still solid album.

 

Mick

To be fair I've always heard Flowers say he adores Springsteen, and Springsteen has even played Dustland Fairytale live, so I've always been certain it's intentional.

 

Yeah I love this album but ITM is better overall 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...