Jump to content

Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Hot Chili Peppers Unlimited Love

 

Red Hot Chili Peppers

 

36 song marathon - starting to 'click' after multiple listens.

Shame they've only performed 15 of the 36 tracks on tour so far. Hopefully more will make the setlists soon...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Thin Lizzy - Vagabonds Of The Western World

 

Bite me but this is better than most of the double lead guitar era albums.

😮🙀🙃🙂

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Muse-Will of the People (3/10)

 

yea........so i like muse now.  but this album.......is not good.  Sorry EP, lol.

 

their schtick iss indeed tired.  And possibly some of the worst lyrics Matt's penned.  i just did not like this record.

 

and i can't wrap my head around the idea that THIS is the comeback after Simulation Theory.

 

Mick

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2023 at 12:44 PM, Union 5-3992 said:

None of the 40th anniversary covers are worth writing home about 

2112's is the best one and yeah AFTK's sucks a lot. All the others are just kinda there, at least there was an attempt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Muse-Will of the People (3/10)

 

yea........so i like muse now.  but this album.......is not good.  Sorry EP, lol.

 

their schtick iss indeed tired.  And possibly some of the worst lyrics Matt's penned.  i just did not like this record.

 

and i can't wrap my head around the idea that THIS is the comeback after Simulation Theory.

 

Mick

A lot of Musers have been saying this is the best thing since BH&R. I’ve pretty torn on it. It feels almost like an AI attempt to synthesize a Muse album out of their past 4 or 5 and a couple early tracks. I love most of that stuff, so no big deal for me, but it’s not this transcendent thing like the classic run from OoS to BH&R (and I would argue TR).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

😮🙀🙃🙂

Just listen to the solos! Ugh, so good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

A lot of Musers have been saying this is the best thing since BH&R. I’ve pretty torn on it. It feels almost like an AI attempt to synthesize a Muse album out of their past 4 or 5 and a couple early tracks. I love most of that stuff, so no big deal for me, but it’s not this transcendent thing like the classic run from OoS to BH&R (and I would argue TR).

 

 

ya know i'm glad you said that.  Cause that's EXACTLY how it feels like someone tasked an AI with writing a Muse album.

 

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, yyz305 said:

Image may contain Flyer Advertisement Brochure Paper Poster Sunglasses Accessories Accessory Human and Person

 

Muse Will of the People

 

These two back to back really blend...

Really? I find them resolutely unalike, barring Compliance on WOtP

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Really? I find them resolutely unalike, barring Compliance on WOtP

I probably should have said "...after listening to Drones..."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, yyz305 said:

I probably should have said "...after listening to Drones..."

Well Drones makes almost every other Muse album seem like sunshine and rainbows by comparison, lol. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Muse-Will of the People (3/10)

 

yea........so i like muse now.  but this album.......is not good.  Sorry EP, lol.

 

their schtick iss indeed tired.  And possibly some of the worst lyrics Matt's penned.  i just did not like this record.

 

and i can't wrap my head around the idea that THIS is the comeback after Simulation Theory.

 

Mick

At the end of the day, the first five albums are great enough to keep me a minor fan. I know I say The Resistance was a step down from BHAR, but it was at least still wildly creative and ambitious.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rush- A Farewell To Kings 

Rush- Hemispheres 

Rush- Permanent Waves 

Rush- Moving Pictures 

Rush- Roll The Bones 

Rush- Clockwork Angels 

 

I think these are my top six Rush albums! I love AFTK-MP, I think these four albums encapsulate everything brilliant about not only Rush, but the vibe of the era in which they recorded them. And the four really work as one long, constantly evolving listen. I think they are all perfect albums, not a weak moment, not a blemish, not a sight of flaw. 

 

Then I skipped ahead to Roll The Bones, which I know for many is a lesser album, but something about it is truly special to me. I love the soft comfort of the production, the more sensitive but not sulky lyrics, the playful experimentation, just everything about it feels like it accidentally worked out, because on paper Rush don't really "sound" like this. And that's why I love it.

 

And then to top it off, I played Clockwork Angels. When it came out in 2012, I was obsessed with it then said it was my album of the year. I burned out hard, and came to resent it for a while. Eleven years on, I have come back around and absolutely adore it! 

 

I have plenty of hours left in my day. I've not even played Rush-2112 yet, or the gem that is Grace Under Pressure. Rush are just so amazing to my ears, but they also are like a balm for the sore points in my life. They are precious, and very few bands match them for me. There is Nightwish, the band who most resemble my emotional response to their music. And then there is Blind Guardian/In Flames/Rhapsody Of Fire who creatively take me on the same journeys, all in different ways. And of course Maiden/Priest, who offer bountiful displays of creativity and similar fire.

 

But Rush is Rush. I just feel like as I get older, their music ages with me, and it's beautiful. I just love them so much, and I can't see myself ever losing this bond. 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Rush- A Farewell To Kings 

Rush- Hemispheres 

Rush- Permanent Waves 

Rush- Moving Pictures 

Rush- Roll The Bones 

Rush- Clockwork Angels 

 

I think these are my top six Rush albums! I love AFTK-MP, I think these four albums encapsulate everything brilliant about not only Rush, but the vibe of the era in which they recorded them. And the four really work as one long, constantly evolving listen. I think they are all perfect albums, not a weak moment, not a blemish, not a sight of flaw. 

 

Then I skipped ahead to Roll The Bones, which I know for many is a lesser album, but something about it is truly special to me. I love the soft comfort of the production, the more sensitive but not sulky lyrics, the playful experimentation, just everything about it feels like it accidentally worked out, because on paper Rush don't really "sound" like this. And that's why I love it.

 

And then to top it off, I played Clockwork Angels. When it came out in 2012, I was obsessed with it then said it was my album of the year. I burned out hard, and came to resent it for a while. Eleven years on, I have come back around and absolutely adore it! 

 

I have plenty of hours left in my day. I've not even played Rush-2112 yet, or the gem that is Grace Under Pressure. Rush are just so amazing to my ears, but they also are like a balm for the sore points in my life. They are precious, and very few bands match them for me. There is Nightwish, the band who most resemble my emotional response to their music. And then there is Blind Guardian/In Flames/Rhapsody Of Fire who creatively take me on the same journeys, all in different ways. And of course Maiden/Priest, who offer bountiful displays of creativity and similar fire.

 

But Rush is Rush. I just feel like as I get older, their music ages with me, and it's beautiful. I just love them so much, and I can't see myself ever losing this bond. 

Post of the day.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

 

Oh great, now I have to go read the whole thing 😄

The entire thing is a secret link to Cristina Scabbia and Sharon Den Adel's lesbian porn videos, shot around 2006.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

The entire thing is a secret link to Cristina Scabbia and Sharon Den Adel's lesbian porn videos, shot around 2006.

 

Really? That was back when both of them were super hot. I mean they're still very good looking now but the 2006 version of them? Come on!

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...