Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/11/2023 at 4:51 PM, bluefox4000 said:

Metallica-St. Anger.

You know ever once in a while.  i'll take this out.  thinking oh St. Anger how bad can ye be?  It's been a while since we've spent time together.....and i'll bet the bad press is just butthurt metal fans being butthurt.

Then i hit play and oh boy.......silting my throat sounds fun today.

it does not get better with age.  it has not become a forgotten classic.  it belongs right in Lars' trash can drums.

Don't worry i had the good sense not to finish.........because if i did.....i'd literally put my head through my monitor.

Mick

The day St. Anger came out I rushed to the record store, put it in my car CD player and thought something went wrong with my stereo. LOL, I'm serious!  I couldn't figure out what went wrong!  Well, Metallica went wrong!  My buddy called me up later that afternoon while on the way to pick it up pumped with excitment and I told him, "Take your ten dollars and change it for single dollar bills then wipe your ass with it!"

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

But it isnt.

Come off it. Its better than plenty of Beatles albums.

• Like 1

Billy Joel- The Stranger 

Semisonic- Feeling Strangely Fine

Everclear- So Much For The Afterglow 

The Killers- Imploding The Mirage

The Killers- Battle Born 

Bruce Springsteen- Western Stars 

Dan Fogelberg- Home Free

• Like 3

Dan Fogelberg- Home Free 

Played this again. The song The River moves me like little else. My gosh.

Dan Fogelberg- Souvenirs 

Exquisite.

4 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Not in my opinion.  Some bands have released albums that are better than some Beatle albums.  The Kinks aren’t one of them.

I would definitely put Arthur, Village Green, and Lola vs. Powerman over a few Beatles albums. Help comes to mind.

Heck, I think I'd put all three over Revolver.

23 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I would definitely put Arthur, Village Green, and Lola vs. Powerman over a few Beatles albums. Help comes to mind.

Heck, I think I'd put all three over Revolver.

I wouldn’t put any of those over Beatles For Sale.  The Kinks are a band that wouldn’t crack my top 30 artists.

Just now, Rick N. Backer said:

I wouldn’t put any of those over Beatles For Sale.  The Kinks are a band that wouldn’t crack my top 30 artists.

They wouldn't crack my top 30 either, but I don't think everything The Beatles ever touched is the gold standard. Granted they did very little I don't like or love, but I can name a lot of things I would take over my lesser loved Beatles albums. Interestingly, The Beatles would actually be strong contenders for my top 30.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

They wouldn't crack my top 30 either, but I don't think everything The Beatles ever touched is the gold standard. Granted they did very little I don't like or love, but I can name a lot of things I would take over my lesser loved Beatles albums. Interestingly, The Beatles would actually be strong contenders for my top 30.

Once again, they are my gold standard.  There are albums I like more than some Beatles albums, but the number of artists who have done that in my eyes is small.  And to return to the original point, The Kinks aren't one of them, and they certainly never released anything that ranks up there with the Beatles’ best work.

3 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

i can never get into the Kinks.  They SHOULD check all my boxes but........meh.

and i don't know why, lol

Mick

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

i can never get into the Kinks.  They SHOULD check all my boxes but........meh.

and i don't know why, lol

Mick

That seems very weird to me.

• Like 1

220px-SteelWheels89.jpg

My brother has only ever been to one concert (Rolling Stones).  So I thought up a hypothetical poll.

If you could only see one band (past or present) in your whole life, who would it be?

Me- Rolling Stones

Rush fan#1: Rush

Rush fan#2: Rush

Rush fan#3: Rush

Rush fan#4: Beatles

Rush fan#5: Led Zeppelin

Rush fan#6: Pink Floyd

Rush fan#7: Metallica

Rush fan#8: Queen

Rush fan#9: KISS

• Like 3