White album's my fav album of all time.

wouldn't change a note.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

4 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

White album's my fav album of all time.

wouldn't change a note.

Mick

I rarely meet anyone with a definite answer to that question. I mean, I get it, there are tons upon tons of fantastic albums, but I feel like it can’t be an impossible question for like *everyone*

• Like 1

Just now, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I rarely meet anyone with a definite answer to that question. I mean, I get it, there are tons upon tons of fantastic albums, but I feel like it can’t be an impossible question for like *everyone*

I got the white album for Christmas when i was 19.

i started collecting beatles album when i was 9.  back in the day it took FOREVER to collect things.

and i didn't start amazon shopping till i was 21.  not every physical store had what you wanted but i digress.

Anyway i knew IMMEDIATLY this was fav album.  it was weird....chaotic.....had LOTS of sharp edges.  And i always thought there was a vauge air of Creepiness running through the whole thing.  an uneasiness.  i LOVED it.

Mick

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

The Tawny Man

Oh that's...prepare your heart

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I say Karmacode, but The Blackening and Moving Pictures exist

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I say Karmacode, but The Blackening and Moving Pictures exist

playing MP next

i'm doing a.......let's call it Rush soft reboot, lol

very soft.  i already did Permanent Waves.  i enjoyed it but there was no Immediate love fest......but give me time.

Mick

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

playing MP next

i'm doing a.......let's call it Rush soft reboot, lol

very soft.  i already did Permanent Waves.  i enjoyed it but there was no Immediate love fest......but give me time.

Mick

You'll whine about side 2 like always 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

You'll whine about side 2 like always 🤣🤣🤣🤣

shut up maybe i won't. 

it's a new day........maybe i'll start with side 2.....um......no i won't:laugh:

Mick

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

shut up maybe i won't. 

it's a new day........maybe i'll start with side 2.....um......no i won't:laugh:

Mick

For me it's flawless. Witch Hunt is one of their greatest moments ever

• Like 2

Rush-Moving Pictures

So the thing is i really am feeling like i'm hearing this for (well close to) the first time.  I know the bascs of each song.  But i'm not kidding when i say i forgot a lot of the details of Rush.  number 1 i'm getting old....number 2 it has been a long time so Keep that in mind as i'm sure to piss SOMEONE off here.  i'm walking a minefield, lol

Again i have a lot of thigs i love here.  Things that actually have opened up.

Prime example.....Witch hunt.  I actually loved this.  Distance helped this song  a thousand times over.  Great Mood.  The synths in this song realy popped out at me this time.  Gorgeously layered in.  The ony thing is i wish it were longer......it kinda just .....STOPS right when i was really grooving.  but hey it is what it is.

Camera eye still rules and has always ruled.  One of Al's best solos IMO.

Limelight is ear candy and a half.

now for some stuff i'm sure  will piss away any good will i just made but hey these are pure honest first time in literal years reactions......what you want me to suck your presious MP off?  Because it's MP? do you not know me?

Tom sawyer......sick of it. was getting sick of it befor the hiatus........skip.

Red Barchetta......funny enough reverted back to the position i had YEARS ago.  which is........eh?

Vital Signs......fukk me this song sucks but i've never liked it so that's not new.

Very good album.

Songs i loved.

Limelight

Which Hunt

Camera Eye

YYZ

meh

Red Barchetta

Jump off a cliff and die

Vital Signs

Sick of it but can't fault it

Tom Sawyer'

iMick

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Rush-Moving Pictures

So the thing is i really am feeling like i'm hearing this for (well close to) the first time.  I know the bascs of each song.  But i'm not kidding when i say i forgot a lot of the details of Rush.  number 1 i'm getting old....number 2 it has been a long time so Keep that in mind as i'm sure to piss SOMEONE off here.  i'm walking a minefield, lol

Prime example.....Witch hunt.  I actually loved this.  Distance helped this song  a thousand times over.  Great Mood.  The synths in this song realy popped out at me this time.  Gorgeously layered in.  The ony thing is i wish it were longer......it kinda just .....STOPS right when i was really grooving.  but hey it is what it is.

now for some stuff i'm sure  will piss away any good will i just made but hey these are pure honest first time in literal years reactions......what you want me to suck your presious MP off?  Because it's MP? do you not know me?

Tom sawyer......sick of it. was getting sick of it befor the hiatus........skip.

Red Barchetta......funny enough reverted back to the position i had YEARS ago.  which is........eh?

Vital Signs......fukk me this song sucks but i've never liked it so that's not new.

Very good album.

Songs i loved.

Limelight

Which Hunt

Camera Eye

YYZ

meh

Red Barchetta

Jump off a cliff and die

Vital Signs

Tom Sawyer'

iMick

THE WHOLE ALBUM IS PERFECT

lolololol

Glad you appreciated Witch Hunt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Rush-Moving Pictures

Very good album.

Songs i loved.

Limelight

Which Hunt

Camera Eye

YYZ

meh

Red Barchetta

Jump off a cliff and die

Vital Signs

Tom Sawyer'

iMick

I've seen people react to Tom Sawyer on YouTube and be completely blown away by it. I never had that moment because there wasn't a first time for me when it came to listening to it. The song came out when I was three years old and it's one of those songs that has always been there my whole life. I've always been a bit meh on the song too. Even live (I saw Rush 12 times) when the fans would completely lose their minds it never did much for me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I've seen people react to Tom Sawyer on YouTube and be completely blown away by it. I never had that moment because there wasn't a first time for me when it came to listening to it. The song came out when I was three years old and it's one of those songs that has always been there my whole life. I've always been a bit meh on the song too. Even live (I saw Rush 12 times) when the fans would completely lose their minds it never did much for me.

i loved they opened with it on the VT tour i think?  YAY get it out of the way, lol

Not that i hate it  t's a weird song in structure and it doesn't realy have a big payoff.  that kinda happens in the middle so it just kinda..........ends ya know?

It's fine but also it's a weird lead off to an album IMO.

Mick

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

i loved they opened with it on the VT tour i think?  YAY get it out of the way, lol

Not that i hate it  t's a weird song in structure and it doesn't realy have a big payoff.  that kinda happens in the middle so it just kinda..........ends ya know?

It's fine but also it's a weird lead off to an album IMO.

Mick

I think its a stunning song. I love how off kilter Rush get. Everyone around them was trying to write a radio hit and they gave us Tom Sawyer. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

THE WHOLE ALBUM IS PERFECT

lolololol

Glad you appreciated Witch Hunt. 

it is not perfect to me but it is a weak 8/10 Strong 7/10 for me.  even though i'm not raking these re-listens.

But i did really enjoy it.

Mick

• Like 1

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

it is not perfect to me but it is a weak 8/10 Strong 7/10 for me.  even though i'm not raking these re-listens.

But i did really enjoy it.

Mick

Yay

However...ask yourself, are these albums weak, or is there a reason you burned out on them?

4 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Yay

However...ask yourself, are these albums weak, or is there a reason you burned out on them?

it's a good album with high hghs. but  even when i loved rush originally. MP was never my fav.  7th ranked at best i remember for me.  Sometimes 8th. The album isn't even that bad to me i liked most of it.

buuuuut.  the moments i found weaker did drag.

What can i tell ya? 

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

20 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I’ve come around on Bravado, but this is still my least favorite Rush album by a long shot.

Maybe I’m biased by the fact I saw :rush: twice on this tour .. but personally I much prefer RTB over

* the debut 

* HYF

* Presto 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Rush-Permanent Waves

So i tried a different approach putting on an album i used to loved as opposed to hate (seriously i've always hated Grace Under pressure aside from that one like 3 day period....what was i thinking?)

I honestly forgot most of Rush's music.  Well forgot is the wrong term. let's say i'm not as familier anymore.  my thoughts?  i enjoyed it.  Did i swoon and fal back in love like a frcken movie scene? NO.  hear me out though.  I did hear moments of what i used to love.

Entre Nous'

Different Strings

Parts of Natural Science.....Parts i got bored

Moments of boredom didn't elude me though.

Spirit of Radio (heard it to death kinda bored

Jacob's ladder.......:zzz:

Free Will's Ok.

So didn't score this that would be unfair.  it's not a glowing review......BUT DON'T YELL AT ME BABY STEPS!!!!! lol

Mick

I’m soooo glad Mick that are very slowly falling back in :wub: again with the mighty 

:rush:
:yes: