Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

53 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Rush- Roll The Bones

Bravado is so good. I love this album so much. Great depth and beauty, in the form of shimmering, glossy pop rock. 

Have you heard the extended jam they did live for Bravado? It makes the song that much better. My favorite version is on Different Stages.

• Like 2

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Have you heard the extended jam they did live for Bravado? It makes the song that much better. My favorite version is on Different Stages.

Yes! It's actually spinning DS a couple of years back that lead me to revisit and fall for RTB.

• Like 2

Dream Theater- A Dramatic Turn Of Events

There is no need for this to be 1 hour 17 minutes. 

But still, some great songs.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I’ve come around on Bravado, but this is still my least favorite Rush album by a long shot.

At this point its about equal with MP for me. I love it all, I think it's the album where I most hear the trio's goofy, boyish humour. The songs sound at first quite basic, but I think the album is some of Alex's vest work. The choruses are all so so GOOD. It's like Rush took on pop, and did it exactly the way they would do it: beautifully with a few little tricks up their sleeve.

I love that album to death. It's one of my go to mood lifters. I'd rank it alongside my favourite Biffy Clyro, Jimmy Eat World and Copeland for albums that have me singing along, and feeling the whole time.

I have tattoo ideas involving some of these lyrics.

It's crazy how much I love this album, because the two that most resemble it, Presto and Couterparts, don't come close in my affections.

Copeland- Eat Sleep Repeat

A more experimental album, I love this record. Soft, beautiful pop with ambience, a subtle jazziness and soaring, featherlight vocals.

Coheed And Cambria- The Second Stage Turbine Blade

I know for many modern listeners, the production is unlistenable on this debut. But I'm a nineties emo fan, to my ears this is almost overproduced 🤣

I love this album. C&C are compared to Rush, but on this album I hear early My Chemical Romance meets The Promise Ring meets The Appleseed Cast meets early Thrice.

WIN WIN WIN FOR ME

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Coheed And Cambria- The Second Stage Turbine Blade

I know for many modern listeners, the production is unlistenable on this debut. But I'm a nineties emo fan, to my ears this is almost overproduced 🤣

I love this album. C&C are compared to Rush, but on this album I hear early My Chemical Romance meets The Promise Ring meets The Appleseed Cast meets early Thrice.

WIN WIN WIN FOR ME

I have their second album on it’s way to me in the mail right now!

Rush-Permanent Waves

So i tried a different approach putting on an album i used to loved as opposed to hate (seriously i've always hated Grace Under pressure aside from that one like 3 day period....what was i thinking?)

I honestly forgot most of Rush's music.  Well forgot is the wrong term. let's say i'm not as familier anymore.  my thoughts?  i enjoyed it.  Did i swoon and fal back in love like a frcken movie scene? NO.  hear me out though.  I did hear moments of what i used to love.

Entre Nous'

Different Strings

Parts of Natural Science.....Parts i got bored

Moments of boredom didn't elude me though.

Spirit of Radio (heard it to death kinda bored

Jacob's ladder.......:zzz:

Free Will's Ok.

So didn't score this that would be unfair.  it's not a glowing review......BUT DON'T YELL AT ME BABY STEPS!!!!! lol

Mick

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Coheed and Cambria-Good Apollo......(9/10)

Thought i'd get in on this.......i love this album.  don't know the story don't care.  the music is killer.

Mick

I’ve been trying to parse it out and it makes the plot of The Lamb look like child’s play.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Coheed and Cambria-Good Apollo......(9/10)

Thought i'd get in on this.......i love this album.  don't know the story don't care.  the music is killer.

Mick

I know C&C megafans who haven't a clue what's going on in the concept lol

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I’ve been trying to parse it out and it makes the plot of The Lamb look like child’s play.

don't even bother it's long.....over 9 plus albums and really convoluted.

and a graphic novel series, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

don't even bother it's long.....over 9 plus albums and really convoluted.

and a graphic novel series, lol

Mick

I’m the exact kind of nerd who could fall head over heels for those very reasons, lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I’m the exact kind of nerd who could fall head over heels for those very reasons, lol

That's what I love about Rhapsody and Rhapsody Of Fire. Two HUGE epic fantasy storyline, across two albums and eps. I love piecing it all together

• Like 1

Dream Theater-Train Of Thought (8/10)

18 year old me HATED this album.  Coming of Scenes and Six Degrees....My number 1 and 2 to this day.  This was a massive letdown at the Time. DA FUKK was this?  Overly aggressive.  Not really too melodic (to my ears at the time)  it just didn't fit the bad i loved.

Fast foward.  I love this now.  i see this IS melodic it's just stuck in between wank sections, lol

In the Name of God is a top 5 DT tune for me now

Mick

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

That's what I love about Rhapsody and Rhapsody Of Fire. Two HUGE epic fantasy storyline, across two albums and eps. I love piecing it all together

Speaking of epic fantasy, I need to get back to Robin Hobb. I’ve got the whole next trilogy sitting in a box in my room untouched. 

4 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Speaking of epic fantasy, I need to get back to Robin Hobb. I’ve got the whole next trilogy sitting in a box in my room untouched. 

Which one is that?

20 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I don't agree any of those are even the bands best albums.

Wish You Were Here 

III

White Album

Wish You Were Here - great, but SOYCD is too long

III - I love the different styles, but it's certainly not better than IV

White Album - too many mediocre songs.  But  great album

Just now, Mithrandir said:

Wish You Were Here - great, but SOYCD is too long

III - I love the different styles, but it's certainly not better than IV

White Album - too many mediocre songs.  But  great album

Disagree on all fronts

• Like 1