Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pearl Jam- Ten 

Behemoth- The Satanist

Two bands that at their best, I find intoxicating. I don't listen to the music of either as much as I feel it.

Also, the new Behekoth single slaps. I can't get enough of its groove!

• Like 1

Thin Lizzy- Jailbreak 

Rush- 2112 

Queensryche- Operation: Mindcrime 

Masterpiece after masterpiece.

Side B of 2112 is overlooked. I love every single song! Lessons and Twilight Zone are exceptional!

• Like 6

Yes- Tales From Topographic Oceans 

Don't ask me how, I played all four songs twice.

This is one of my favourite albums of all time. To actually have time to sit and just EXPERIENCE it all, well, that is precious.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Worked from home today so that gave me a chance to fire up the record player and listen to whatever I pulled out of the moving boxes.  First out of the moving box was:

Asia - Alpha

Been a while since I had listened to this.  Interesting to note that Carl Palmer and Steve Howe are not given song writing credit for any of the songs on this album.  Might have been a better album if they had written some of the songs.  It has the excellent "Don't Cry" and "The Smile has Left Your Eyes".  Other than that, its sort of forgettable.  I know a lot of folks here at TRF don't like this group because they were not prog enough and I get that.  For me the rest of the album is not terrible.  Just forgettable.  Wish I had seen them live though.  Back in 1983 I had the chance but did not have the $.  Anyway, next out of the moving box:

Billy Joel - Glass Houses

This I clearly bought used in the early 90's as it has a price sticker of $1 on it.  It has the excellent "You May Be Right"  which is my 3rd favorite Billy Joel song, only surpassed by "Allentown" & "We Didn't Start The Fire".  It also has "Its Still Rock and Roll To Me" which is enjoyable.  Other than that though the album is worse than forgettable.  Then again, I generally don't care for Billy Joel (with certain exceptions).  Likely I only bought it used and would never have paid real $ for it. Any way, next out of the box:

Steve Perry - Street Talk

This has "Oh Sherrie" & "Foolish Heart" which are sort of ok.  But basically it sort of stinks as an album.  Its another one I bought used in the early 90's - still has a price sticker of $2.49 on it.  Other than the 2 sort of ok songs it does nothing for me.  May wind up selling it to a used record store at some point.  Next up:

Night Ranger - Dawn Patrol

This has the excellent "Don't Tell Me You Love Me" on it.  Beyond that, well, honestly, I had forgotten how good this album was.  I enjoyed every song on it esp. the song I already mentioned.  However "Sing Me Away" & "Eddie's Comin' Out Tonight" also really stood  out.  Much better album then I had remembered.  Very enjoyable. Perhaps I should not be shocked - I got to see them in concert in the mid 2010's opening for Journey.  At the time I was like "Night Ranger?  How did they get on this tour?  Do they have pictures of a concert promotor doing something with farm animals?"  Somewhat to my surprise they were awesome live.  Anyway, next out of the box:

Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak

The 2 highlights of this album (another one I bought used in the early 90's - the price sticker of $6 is still on it) are "The Boys are Back in Town" & the title track.  The rest of the album is decent.  Not as enjoyable as Night Ranger - not close.  But still good.  Next out of the box"

The Allman Brothers Band - Brothers & Sisters

Yet another one I bought used in the early 90's - the price sticker of $2.95 is still on it.  Other than "Jessica" & "Ramblin Man" I found it to be rather forgettable.  Then again, I am not a big Allman Brothers fan.  I saw them in concert once and walked out.  Boring.  Last out of the box:

Toto - Toto IV

This has the excellent "Africa" & "Rosanna" but its otherwise a real dud for me.

Working from home again tomorrow so I may try to pull more random stuff out of the moving box to listen to.  Just hope the sky's clear.  The impact of the forest fires in Canada is really strange - the light is very weird, the sun (to the extent I can see it) is a odd color and you can smell the sot in the air.  I can tell the birds and insects are unsettled by it.  I fell bad for anybody who is closer to the fires.  Good luck to you if you are!! 

I Agree with you that ‘ Dawn Patrol ‘ rules !

👍😎:yes::ROCK:

I also agree that Alpha was a terrible follow up album by Asia to their excellent debut.

However, I like Street Talk & Toto IV

a bit more than you it seems ! 😮🤣😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Yes- Tales From Topographic Oceans 

Don't ask me how, I played all four songs twice.

This is one of my favourite albums of all time. To actually have time to sit and just EXPERIENCE it all, well, that is precious.

Honestly havent done that in a long time. I've heard every song individually (I listened to The Ancient like 3 nights in a row a few weeks ago) but havent took the time to go start to finish in a while. When I find the time I shall do it

• Like 1

Just now, ST3V said:

Honestly havent done that in a long time. I've heard every song individually (I listened to The Ancient like 3 nights in a row a few weeks ago) but havent took the time to go start to finish in a while. When I find the time I shall do it

I work 98 hour weeks most weeks. Have a rare 3 days off and I play this!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I work 98 hour weeks most weeks. Have a rare 3 days off and I play this!

I hope you really love your job then lol