Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

4 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

It's probably because most metal fans have no clue what The Weekend sounds like including me. The Summoning is the song that got them notice by a lot of  people. The first half of the song is metal and that's how they grabbed that audience. As far as what exactly to call them, I really don't know. There's metal, pop, new wave and a bunch of other things going on. I really like the album a lot. Very unique songwriting.

I love The Weeknd and he's incredibly talented in his lane. To see serious rock and metal musicians incorporate his influence at Sleep Token's level is glorious to me.

• Like 2

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the weekend and today :

Enchant, Blink of an Eye, 2002 (9/10)

Tears for Fears, Raoul & the Kings of Spain 

1995 (8/10)

Foo Fighters, Wasting Light, 2011 (8.5/10)

Gary Moore, Wild Frontier, ‘87 (8/10)

️Hughes/Thrall, ‘82 (10/10)

One of my all time Fav AOR albums 

AOR detractors give this a good listen & then repent !!! :pirate: :ROCK: :yes: 😉🤣

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 10:11 AM, bluefox4000 said:

Foo Fighters

Echoes Silence.....(7/10)

Wasting Light (6/10)

I thought the new album might bring me in (even that's losing me ALREADY) but no I still find them soulless.  Sorry if that's harsh but honestly i wish i felt more.  When somebody throws the corporate rock label about (i HATE that label BTW) i just see Dave's face.

Mick

Man Wasting Light was only a 6/10 for you? That’s pretty consistently considered one of their absolute best albums, up their with The Color And The Shape. Maybe another day you’ll come around on that one at least.

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I love The Weeknd and he's incredibly talented in his lane. To see serious rock and metal musicians incorporate his influence at Sleep Token's level is glorious to me.

I’m not really a fan, but he’s got some excellent stuff for sure. Can’t help but nod along if Can’t Feel My Face comes on the radio. And I dug both of his Daft Punk collaborations. You’ve gotta have something pretty special to get the robots on your track.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Avenged Sevenfold-Life is but A Dream.'

again....back to back.  this is like Trout mask Replica.  Not that their in any way Similar.  But i can listen to this wreck and get such a dopomine high and most would think i'm insane.

and i love that i can enjoy enjoy this.  it makes me better than you.:laugh2: (relax Segue....jokes.)

Mick

Mick loves it. Segue kinda hates it but respects it. Anthony Fantano hates it.

I bought it the other day on kinda a whim but haven’t played it yet.  …and I’m fully expecting to just love it now.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

11 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I’m not really a fan, but he’s got some excellent stuff for sure. Can’t help but nod along if Can’t Feel My Face comes on the radio. And I dug both of his Daft Punk collaborations. You’ve gotta have something pretty special to get the robots on your track.

I feel he writes some exceptional songs, with really great production. But I don't like any of his albums straight through. He would honestly do better I think if he stuck to EPs.

• Like 1

Avenged Sevenfold- Life Is But A Dream...

Mick enjoys this. I think it's honestly awful, but I also know it is working for many. I can't help but smile, knowing A7X just don't really care how it's recieved and just do what they do. I will give them major credit, it is hard to ignore, forget, or refrain from talking about. It's just bonkers and (in my opinion) really crap. I'd take this listening experience over anything phoned in (72 Seasons...).

Sucks to be me, I really think this is shit. But...I also find them endearing, because releasing "music" this f***ing bizarre (and disjointed, and aggravatingly obnoxious, and ... just really shite) takes some balls. And they were quite happy months ago letting fans know this wasn't gonna please everyone. 

A miss for me, doesn't affect my love for the band at all. Maybe next time 😂😂😂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Mick loves it. Segue kinda hates it but respects it. Anthony Fantano hates it.

I bought it the other day on kinda a whim but haven’t played it yet.  …and I’m fully expecting to just love it now.

you will love it if i know ANYTHING About your tastes.  Segue ssays he loves to hate it......i say cut the shit and just embrace it.  He does love his song and dance doesn't he? and i love to push his buttons., lol.

i'm a member of the DT forum and to my schock it's not as hated as it might appear.  they largly love it.  with the most negative being...."uh......whatever" lol.

Mick

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

you will love it if i know ANYTHING About your tastes.  Segue ssays he loves to hate it......i say cut the shit and just embrace it.  He does love his song and dance doesn't he? and i love to push his buttons., lol.

i'm a member of the DT forum and to my schock it's not as hated as it might appear.  they largly love it.  with the most negative being...."uh......whatever" lol.

Mick

Cut what shit? It's not any good to my ears. 

11 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Cut what shit? It's not any good to my ears. 

Cut being so serious you little prickly teddybear:biggrin:

Aw works everytime with you.  you can hate it i don't care.

Mick

• Haha 1