Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

2 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

ok the way you're discribing this is EXACTLY how i said it'd go down.

i know i'll love this now:laugh:

Mick

It's definitely not boring! I love personally that they come back years later and...don't try and please anyone 

It's the opposite to the new LC song: it's different 

• Like 1

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avenged Sevenfold- Life Is But A Dream...

Okay so look, I hate it. It makes me smile. It's so bad but its okay it makes me happy. 

Avenged Sevenfold-Life is but a dream

OK SOOOOOOOOOOOO.......i won't go as far as Segue and say i hate it.  but it's bad.  BUT.......I'm entertained a shit ton.  which is more than i can say for music in 2023 as a whole (seriously this year for me so far :zzz:)

and also.....make more albums where you juust don;'t care like this please.  music could use it.

and that was a serious statement......i mean it.

Mick

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Avenged Sevenfold-Life is but a dream

OK SOOOOOOOOOOOO.......i won't go as far as Segue and say i hate it.  but it's bad.  BUT.......I'm entertained a shit ton.  which is more than i can say for music in 2023 as a whole (seriously this year for me so far :zzz:)

and also.....make more albums where you juust don;'t care like this please.  music could use it.

and that was a serious statement......i mean it.

Mick

Thing is...Sleep Token just came out with a genre bending, truly creative masterwork that just makes this look like Looney Tunes, in the cringiest way possible.

"Look guys, we are batshit crazy, look how mental we are,  no one else is brave!"

Sleep Token release a metal Weeknd album. 

Yeaaaaaaaah...back to the drawing board guys, this is embarrassing 

But definitely a yes to more creativity.

• Like 1

Avenged Sevenfold- Life Is But A Dream...

This is getting great reviews from critics...yikes the fan forums...

...this is not it.

I tried to like it, I love A7X, one of my favourite bands ever but...yikes...this is about as tasty as baby snot.

Lacuna Coil- Unleashed Memories 

Still stuns me to my core.

• Like 1

The Gathering- Mandylion 

And I have on queue:

Paradise Lost- Paradise Lost

Alongside Lacuna Coil, these bands will forever be linked to my teens and twenties.

Lacuna Coil- Unleashed Memories

Lacuna Coil- Comalies 

Lacuna Coil Karmacode

Yeah, this older era still means the world to me.

• Like 1

Avenged Sevenfold-Life is but A dream

..........i like it go fukk yourselfs:laugh:

Sleep Token-Take me back to Edan

This is another interesting band that i'm honestly stunned metal fans like.  Considering how much they shit on pop.  and the basis for this album is generic pop melodies taylor swift and the weeknd has used, lol

BUT it's how they use bit that's intersting.  I don't no how to explain what this band is or even if i love it or hate it yet but it's one of the more interesting album i've heard.

Mick

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Avenged Sevenfold-Life is but A dream

..........i like it go fukk yourselfs:laugh:

Sleep Token-Take me back to Edan

This is another interesting band that i'm honestly stunned metal fans like.  Considering how much they shit on pop.  and the basis for this album is generic pop melodies taylor swift and the weeknd has used, lol

BUT it's how they use bit that's intersting.  I don't no how to explain what this band is or even if i love it or hate it yet but it's one of the more interesting album i've heard.

Mick

It's probably because most metal fans have no clue what The Weekend sounds like including me. The Summoning is the song that got them notice by a lot of  people. The first half of the song is metal and that's how they grabbed that audience. As far as what exactly to call them, I really don't know. There's metal, pop, new wave and a bunch of other things going on. I really like the album a lot. Very unique songwriting.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

It's probably because most metal fans have no clue what The Weekend sounds like including me. The Summoning is the song that got them notice by a lot of  people. The first half of the song is metal and that's how they grabbed that audience. As far as what exactly to call them, I really don't know. There's metal, pop, new wave and a bunch of other things going on. I really like the album a lot. Very unique songwriting.

i'm not saying i don't like them i just can't really grasp them......yet.  but at the same time i love the fact a band is attempting what they are trying but at the same time dude your melodies are pop scholock cookie cutter.......and..........ARRRRH!!!!!!!!! frustrating yet i can't not listen, lol

Mick

Avenged Sevenfold-Life is but A Dream.'

again....back to back.  this is like Trout mask Replica.  Not that their in any way Similar.  But i can listen to this wreck and get such a dopomine high and most would think i'm insane.

and i love that i can enjoy enjoy this.  it makes me better than you.:laugh2: (relax Segue....jokes.)

Mick

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

i'm not saying i don't like them i just can't really grasp them......yet.  but at the same time i love the fact a band is attempting what they are trying but at the same time dude your melodies are pop scholock cookie cutter.......and..........ARRRRH!!!!!!!!! frustrating yet i can't not listen, lol

Mick

Those are some of best kinds of melodies!!

Turnstile - “Glow On” (first listen)

Precision engineered to make you move. They’ve boiled all of alternative rock down to its barest essentials, then become the absolute masters of those essentials and nothing else before recording this thing. There’s something ethereal about it, almost uncanny, but it’s undeniable all the same. It’s like that mind blowing, scene conquering band—who’s big show Friday is the major plot point of whatever classic movie you’re watching—has actually come to life and are every bit as sick as the movie made them out to be.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1