Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Anathema- Weather Systems

Anathema- Judgement 

Lacuna Coil- Comalies

These two bands are incredible. But listening to classic Lacuna Coil, I find their current direction drifting us apart. Gosh, I miss the heady atmosphere and layers of synths,  but most of all, I miss the vocal interplay and harmonising Andrea and Cristina used to do. 

The way they alternate vocals now is very metalcore like: screamed verses, soaring choruses, bland lyrics about rising above and being fierce...

That's where I now appreciate the hate for Comalies XX. The band is fading for me. Its kinda bittersweet, but that's how it goes.

Listening to Anathema- Weather Systems, with the harmonised male female vocals and atmospherics and ambience...this is more Lacuna Coil like than Lacuna Coil.

Oh well.

• Like 1

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Foo Fighters

Echoes Silence.....(7/10)

Wasting Light (6/10)

I thought the new album might bring me in (even that's losing me ALREADY) but no I still find them soulless.  Sorry if that's harsh but honestly i wish i felt more.  When somebody throws the corporate rock label about (i HATE that label BTW) i just see Dave's face.

Mick

Love Grohl as a person, but Foos have never moved me in the slightest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mithrandir said:

Love Grohl as a person, but Foos have never moved me in the slightest.

i'm the same in that i love Dave as a person.  But he seriously writes the most safe white bread soccer Mom Sterile rock ever.

Mick

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dan Fogelberg- Windows and Walls 

Mick loves this more than me. BUT I LOVE IT TOOOOOO

Just now, Segue Myles said:

Dan Fogelberg- Windows and Walls 

Mick loves this more than me. BUT I LOVE IT TOOOOOO

My fav dan album.  and prety much the only one i have in rotation these days and in looking at it seriously it's a cut below those.......you know what?  no it isn't:laugh:

I love it.

Mick

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

My fav dan album.  and prety much the only one i have in rotation these days and in looking at it seriously it's a cut below those.......you know what?  no it isn't:laugh:

I love it.

Mick

I kinda can't rank DF. From the debut to this album...I feel I have to really nitpick 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

I kinda can't rank DF. From the debut to this album...I feel I have to really nitpick 

but we can agree this ended his golden period.

But what a run.

Mick

50 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

i'm the same in that i love Dave as a person.  But he seriously writes the most safe white bread soccer Mom Sterile rock ever.

Mick

Yeah, you should just go back to your AOR. You won't get anything like that there 😄

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

but we can agree this ended his golden period.

But what a run.

Mick

Absolutely!

I'm not done collecting and exploring his work though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J2112YYZ said:

Yeah, you should just go back to your AOR. You won't get anything like that there 😄

lol....it's a weird thing to say but when i picture hard rock just sanitized for your mom i see the foos, lol.

Mick

• Haha 3

Avenged Sevenfold- Life Is But A Dream...

Welllllllllll

I still love A7X. This is...different lmao

6 hours ago, Mithrandir said:

I know that I am in a huge minority, but I think this album is a classic.  Laid the groundwork for DSOTM.

I listen to this more than The Wall and Animals combined. I love it!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

🤔 German isn’t too dissimilar to English.

In fact English is classed as

a ‘ Germanic Language ‘  :yes:

If I were you, with your love of several German artists ( kudos 😎)

I’d seriously consider learning a bit which would enhance your enjoyment levels even more 🙂

Makes sense thats its a Germanic language - I believe the Saxons came to England from Germany (correct me if I am wrong on that) and old English is very similar to German.

I really should learn German  - given the amount of German music I have been listening to its a shock I have not started to.  Truthfully, every so often I hear a word in a song and I am like "o - I know that word, its part of the English language"

Thanks for the suggestion!!!

• Like 1

Foo Fighters- Echoes, Silence, Patience And Grace 

This is growing on me all the time. 

• Like 2

Well...its an album...with music on it...the band did things, new things, things that are definitely amongst the choices they made. I can say that it is a new release, and it has been listened to by fans, and it's definitely going to be something people remember in years to come. Why? Well, because when people think of 2023...they will go "oh yes, the year an album came out", and this is definitely that.

Edited by Segue Myles

Avenged Sevenfold- Hail To The King

I prefer this to whatever that was. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Well...its an album...with music on it...the band did things, new things, things that are definitely amongst the choices they made. I can say that it is a new release, and it has been listened to by fans, and it's definitely going to be something people remember in years to come. Why? Well, because when people think of 2023...they will go "oh yes, the year an album came out", and this is definitely that.

ok the way you're discribing this is EXACTLY how i said it'd go down.

i know i'll love this now:laugh:

Mick

• Haha 1