Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iced Earth- Horror Show

Not one of my favourites. Metal and Horror, you'd think I'd be thrilled. It's still a great album, it's just not amongst the best of their best. 

• Like 1

Dan Fogelberg-Windows and Walls (10/10)

You'd think i'd get tired of this one but nope.  it really is just about the only fogelberg I play these days you can say its burnout from the others but that is NOT it.  i still love the others if i put them on.

this is just my fav.

I just think this is the best group of songs.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Saw this tour at Radio City NYC.   Some people attended the show thinking that they were going to get Ziggy and were disappointed.   Not me !!!

52942894667_8042ff555e_c.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 2

Lacuna Coil- Never Dawn (new single)

Things I like: ambient intro and outri with the middle Eastern vibes. The throwback to Broken Crown Halo style riffing. 

What i don't like:

Oh boy.

Vocal mixing. Cristina Scabbia is so autotuned I can't make out her words. Also, she sings so high, and it sounds strained. (Watch love recordings of this song...yikes). He chorus feels recycled, it's almost exactly like Delirium. Never Dawn? Sounds like Never Tell.

Andrea? Yes he has great screams. Anyone else miss when he just sang and they harmonised? 

The mix, the riffs, the stop/start rhythm, the song structure...we have heard this all before.

I wish this was the new Lacuna Coil single, Cristina sounds great here:

Foo Fighters- But Here We Are

This is outstanding.

• Like 2

Foo Fighters- But Here We Are (again)

Erm...I cried twice. This album is blowing me away. The Teacher hit a nerve music rarely does. Reminds me of the heart stopping moment my mum past.

• Like 1

Sleep Token- Take Me Back To Eden

Wtf? My under the radar faves no one listened to me about for ages just sold out Wembley in ten f***ing minutes...christ

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Sleep Token- Take Me Back To Eden

Wtf? My under the radar faves no one listened to me about for ages just sold out Wembley in ten f***ing minutes...christ

Wembley arena?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Wembley arena?

Yes! I'm...proud of them.

This album went top five in the charts as well.

I can't believe how far my lil band has come!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Yes! I'm...proud of them.

This album went top five in the charts as well.

I can't believe how far my lil band has come!

They're definitely gaining momentum here in the US. Looking at their tour dates they are playing places in the 1,000-2,000 capacity range which is good. They will also be on a handful of big festivals when they tour here which will help them out with reaching a bigger audience. I just wonder how long they can keep the anonymous thing going for? Just like Ghost they will probably reach a point where they can't hide it anymore.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

They're definitely gaining momentum here in the US. Looking at their tour dates they are playing places in the 1,000-2,000 capacity range which is good. They will also be on a handful of big festivals when they tour here which will help them out with reaching a bigger audience. I just wonder how long they can keep the anonymous thing going for? Just like Ghost they will probably reach a point where they can't hide it anymore.

I'm not sure. Sleep Token release great music, I don't really care for the gimmick of having masks. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I'm not sure. Sleep Token release great music, I don't really care for the gimmick of having masks. 

I like it. It goes back to the pre internet days when bands still had some mystique and we didn't know everything about them. In a world with so much musical content for people to consume I think it helps them to stand out and create interest. The music could very well do that on its own but it's nice to have a gimmick with the song quality to back it up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J2112YYZ said:

I like it. It goes back to the pre internet days when bands still had some mystique and we didn't know everything about them. In a world with so much musical content for people to consume I think it helps them to stand out and create interest. The music could very well do that on its own but it's nice to have a gimmick with the song quality to back it up.

Oh that's a good point! Actually a big appeal of the band for me is that sense of mystery...okay maybe I do like it more than I realise 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

A month or two ago, literally every tour date they had lined up sold out very quickly. They're absolutely blowing up.

Edited by Super25Smasher