Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trivium- Silence In The Snow

Yup. Still love everything about this album. Sure, it's one dimensional, but it's one album with this sound, and it makes a lovely change. Until The World Goes Cold is one of their greatest singles. 

Trivium- In Waves (Extended Edition)

This is going to sound weird, the standard tracklist feels...incomplete and I swear the album drags. The record label forced them to cut the album down. Meanwhile, the full album, with the "bonus tracks" inserted into the tracklist rather than just tacked on at the end, is excellent. Some of the bands best material is to be found here. I don't know a single fan who thinks the cut down version is good. And the songs they were forced to cut...ouch. Stupid record label! I think this might be on of Triviums very best albums. 

• Like 2

Billy Joel-The Strannger (10/10)

a classic and a childhood fav.

it may not be fav of his but it's one of those special 70's albums to me.  an abum that is firmly of it's time in that time but it wouldn't work in any other period.  and actually that's the best thing about it IMO.

Mick

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Trivium- Silence In The Snow

Yup. Still love everything about this album. Sure, it's one dimensional, but it's one album with this sound, and it makes a lovely change. Until The World Goes Cold is one of their greatest singles. 

Trivium- In Waves (Extended Edition)

This is going to sound weird, the standard tracklist feels...incomplete and I swear the album drags. The record label forced them to cut the album down. Meanwhile, the full album, with the "bonus tracks" inserted into the tracklist rather than just tacked on at the end, is excellent. Some of the bands best material is to be found here. I don't know a single fan who thinks the cut down version is good. And the songs they were forced to cut...ouch. Stupid record label! I think this might be on of Triviums very best albums. 

I think the standard version of the album is good. It's the one I listen to.

Primus - Green Naugahyde

A bit underrated compared to their other albums. I love Primus when they hit, but there are always a few songs on every record that do nothing for me. This album has probably the best good/bad ratio lol

29 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

i've  played both and i go standard every time.  but both are among my least fav trivium.

In Waves and Veneance Falls are by far their weakest period IMO.

not bad but a lost and confused band.

Mick

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

i've  played both and i go standard every time.  but both are among my least fav trivium.

In Waves and Veneance Falls are by far their weakest period IMO.

not bad but a lost and confused band.

Mick

Yes, a 50 something minute album is fine. I feel the bonus edition goes a bit long. Isn't it almost 70 minutes?

• Like 1

️Haken - Fauna, 2023 (10/10)

Love this album - I’ve played it 4 times over the weekend. 
 My Fav Haken album since 2016s

‘ Affinity ‘  👍😎:yes:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Yes, a 50 something minute album is fine. I feel the bonus edition goes a bit long. Isn't it almost 70 minutes?

it's nearly 20 songs.  and in metal especially that's overkill.  can only take so much aggression, lol  i'm looking at you later day maiden:laugh:

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

3 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

it's nearly 20 songs.  and in metal especially that's overkill.  can only take so much aggression, lol  i'm looking at you later day maiden:laugh:

Mick

At least Maiden has 8-12 minute songs. So the time kind of fills out better and makes more sense length wise. But an album that has as many songs on it that a band would play live that isn't a concept like The Wall or something? Nope.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

That's great! The tracks left out are all fan faves. I don't really understand why the label cut them, so when the band were offered a deluxe tracklist, they simply kept the songs where they should have been.

Red Hot Chili Peppers Unlimited Love

This just gets better and better with every listen - Veronica, Tangelo, Nerve Flip, One Way Traffic, White Braids and Pillows, etc - all gold!

• Like 5

Joe Bonamassa Tales of Time CD & DVD All Regions NTSC NEW - Picture 1 of 1

Ghost - Phantomime (Silver Vinyl) (Vinyl LP) | vinyl-digital.com Online-Shop

I'm not usually a big fan of cover versions but this is really enjoyable!

Mystery – Redemption (Unicorn Digital) – VELVET THUNDER

• Like 2