Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

44 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Sleep Token- Take Me Back To Eden 

They remind me of Thrice, The Weeknd, Deftones and vocally, a British band called Don Broco (at times). This new album is FANTASTIC. I have had the single The Summoning on replay for months at this point.

The Summoning is what brought them to my attention. I heard Liquid Metal on Sirius XM playing it a few times. I'm pretty sure I had seen their name mentioned around before that. Ascensionism is a great song. Probably my favorite after the first listen.

• Like 1

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

The Summoning is what brought them to my attention. I heard Liquid Metal on Sirius XM playing it a few times. I'm pretty sure I had seen their name mentioned around before that. Ascensionism is a great song. Probably my favorite after the first listen.

That song is my favourite too! Though i do still love The Summoning. Great band, they are generating a real mainstream buzz over here. Which makes sense, the music has broad appeal...but it's also surprising because they don't make easy listening music

• Like 1

YngwieJMalmsteen-Trilogy.jpg

I was gifted this upon release in 1987, and I was (and still am) disappointed. Say what you will about Yngwie's douchiness, but his first two albums were absolute '80s metal fire.

• Like 4

71SxrKt+WYL._SL1200_.jpg

Best thrash metal album ever!  Front to back kick your A S S !  Upon first listen in the high school halls on a friends walkman I couldn't comprehend what penatrated my skull!  :ROCK:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Thoughts on Sleep Token? Three masterpieces in a row for me at this point. They take me back to the 2000s, when post hardcover bands were thriving on invention: Coheed And Cambria, Thrice, Brand New, and even bands like System Of A Down, Deftones, Funeral For A Friend

They're incredible! I'm so glad they're getting the attention they deserve.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

They're incredible! I'm so glad they're getting the attention they deserve.

It's refreshing because they really make music that excites. 

• Like 1

Kylie Minogue- Body Language 

Lamb Of God- Sacrament 

Testament- The Gathering 

Dan Fogelberg- Phoenix 

Avenged Sevenfold- City Of Evil

Trivium- In Waves

• Like 1