Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

2 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Well, I've heard it in person and the reaction wasn't good. The same when I saw them on the St. Anger tour. Pretty much nobody cared about Frantic and the title track when they played it. Yes, Metallica only did two songs off it because they were well aware of the horrible response the album got. On the bright side, they opened that show with Blackened and the crowd was singing so loud I couldn't even hear James during it. Probably the best opening song I have ever heard live for a concert.

Won't argue with you, I am baffled they even bother playing anything off the album. They have a very rich discography, lots they could play instead. 

• Like 1

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Won't argue with you, I am baffled they even bother playing anything off the album. They have a very rich discography, lots they could play instead. 

It's like Rush playing "How It Is" on their last tour. What an effective way to kill the energy in the room.

16 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

It's like Rush playing "How It Is" on their last tour. What an effective way to kill the energy in the room.

How it is you and i used to call it the polite scattered applause song.:laugh:

Mick

8 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

How it is you and i used to call it the polite scattered applause song.:laugh:

Mick

The tepid applause track. I can't complain too much considering I liked the other 21 songs. It wasn't like when Jeff Beck when us hostage and played 6 songs off that god awful Loud Hailer 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I love that song but I can think of many more I'd prefer.

• Like 3

Billy Joel- Nylon Curtain (10/10)

I've been feeling Billy lately.  i'm not kidding when i say on Long Island.  he is truly in our fabric.  nne of my earliest memories is owning the Stranger on Cassette.  i got it for maybe my 6th or 7th birthday.

Anyway the Nylon Curtain is my fav of his and he has said it's his fav as well.  it is for sure his most intricate sonically.

It didn't really sell well in it's day.  aside from lie 2 hit singles.  Indeed the entire 2nd side is pretty weird.

I recommend this too new fans, lol.  if you don't like it that's a you problem:laugh:

Mick

• Like 3

Love - Forever Changes

Rolling Stones - Between The Buttons

The Who - Who’s Next

The Kinks - Arthur

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Billy Joel- Nylon Curtain (10/10)

I've been feeling Billy lately.  i'm not kidding when i say on Long Island.  he is truly in our fabric.  nne of my earliest memories is owning the Stranger on Cassette.  i got it for maybe my 6th or 7th birthday.

Anyway the Nylon Curtain is my fav of his and he has said it's his fav as well.  it is for sure his most intricate sonically.

It didn't really sell well in it's day.  aside from lie 2 hit singles.  Indeed the entire 2nd side is pretty weird.

I recommend this too new fans, lol.  if you don't like it that's a you problem:laugh:

Mick

I had to look up how many copies the album sold. I figured with Allentown, Pressure and Goodnight Saigon the album had sold a ton. It went double platinum which is good for most other artists but for someone like him at that time, I'm sure that was well below expectations. Especially with how much MTV played the video for Pressure. That was my exposure to Billy Joel when I was a kid. For some reason the video scared me back then. Seeing if as an adult I chuckle at it.

• Like 2