Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Last night:

Gamma Ray - No World Order

Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II

Gamma Ray - To the Metal

These were generally better than the first 3 Gamma Ray albums I listened to.  Not going crazy for any of them but generally they are ok.  They might be better than the post Keeper Helloween albums.

From No World Order I though the best songs (in no particular order) were "Solid" & "Fire Below".  Question for anybody who is into Gamma Ray.   Is it just me or does "Solid" remind you of Judas Priests "Ram it Down"??  Some of the riffs really reminded me of "Ram it Down"

From Land Of the FreeII the songs that appealed the most were "Real World" & "Opportunity".  Another question for any Gamma Ray fans out there.  Is it just me or does "Real World" remind you of Judas Priests "The Sentinel"?  Some of the riffs remind me of it.

From To the Metal the songs that most stood out (again in no order) were the title track, "Rise" & "Mother Angel".  Yes another question for any Gamma Ray fans out there.  Does the title track remind you of Judas Priests "Metal Gods"?   Again, the riffs remind me of it.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jethro_Tull_-_This_Was_fron_cover.jpg

Jethro Tull -- This Was (1968)

Certainly not a favorite. They hadn't found their signature sound yet.

Track ranking, 'cause I feel like it:

1. A Song For Jeffrey

2. My Sunday Feeling

3. Beggar's Farm

4. Serenade to a Cuckoo

I'm not into their early bluesy stuff:

5. Some Day the Sun Won't Shine For You

6. It's Breaking Me Up

7. Move On Alone

I'm not into "jams":

8. Cat's Squirrel

9. Dharma For One

A one-minute filler track of no consequence:

10. Round

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Last night:

Gamma Ray - No World Order

Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II

Gamma Ray - To the Metal

These were generally better than the first 3 Gamma Ray albums I listened to.  Not going crazy for any of them but generally they are ok.  They might be better than the post Keeper Helloween albums.

From No World Order I though the best songs (in no particular order) were "Solid" & "Fire Below".  Question for anybody who is into Gamma Ray.   Is it just me or does "Solid" remind you of Judas Priests "Ram it Down"??  Some of the riffs really reminded me of "Ram it Down"

From Land Of the FreeII the songs that appealed the most were "Real World" & "Opportunity".  Another question for any Gamma Ray fans out there.  Is it just me or does "Real World" remind you of Judas Priests "The Sentinel"?  Some of the riffs remind me of it.

From To the Metal the songs that most stood out (again in no order) were the title track, "Rise" & "Mother Angel".  Yes another question for any Gamma Ray fans out there.  Does the title track remind you of Judas Priests "Metal Gods"?   Again, the riffs remind me of it.

I generally like Gamma Ray, more than I do Helloween. Not a favourite of mine, though 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chronos said:

Styx_Crash_of_the_Crown.jpg

I think The Mission is the better album, but Crash Of The Crown is still very good, and I like the art better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I think The Mission is the better album, but Crash Of The Crown is still very good, and I like the art better.

The Mission art is so "late career album from a 70s/80s rock and roll band". Crash art is so much better

• Like 2

Metallica_-_Master_of_Puppets_cover.jpg

Wasn't into it at all. I was actually relieved when it was over. I'll spin Justice sometime soon, but then I think it's time to put Metallica on ice for a while.

• Like 1

Thursday - Saturday

Hot Rod Circuit - The Underground Is A Dying Breed

Keep Flying - Follow Your Nightmares (EP)

Keep Flying - Walkabout (EP)

Keep Flying - Unbreakable (EP)

Dropout Kings - Riot Music

Keep Flying - Survival

Keep Flying - Revival (EP)