Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes-Big Generator (8/10)

I don't think this is as strong as 90125.  In fact i think the first side is pretty weak sauce.

Side 2 though is Freakishly good.

Love Will Find A Way

Final Eyes

I'm Running (this song is crazy, lol  whether that's good or bad is your choice i think it's awesome!!!)

Holy Lamb (beautiful closer.)

it's really weird i find this album back loaded(huh huh..back load, lol.....ah i'm 12)  But all the album's good stuff is on side 2 IMO. you didn't see that TOO often back then when they'd front load singles on side 1 normally.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 5

Mastodon-Blood Mountain (8/10)I know this a fav and i like it.  But it'as not my fav.  there still very much a sludge metal band here.......BUT the cool thing is there introducing new sounds andd gradually dropping the over use of Screams (sorry not my cup of tea)

I can't believe some fans were shocked by Crack the Skye.  trey were TELLING YOU where they'd go on this record ya goofs, lol

i kid.  But i do here elements of CTS being born here. Also kind of a bummer brann is really not a vocalist on early mastodon.  his softer voice was always a nice counter to Troy and ESPECIALLY Brent's ozzy-ish voice,

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

i like this album.  but i don't find it as uniformly strong as the Hunter.....just me.  i find i love the first 4 songs.  it sags midway.But picks up again at the last 3 songs.

still a great record though.

Mick

Funny, one of the sagging "midway" songs is easily my fave on the album. Not only that, it's probably even a Top 5 track: Asleep in the Deep. 

I find it melancholy and kind of spooky.

Edited by Chronos
Edit: I'm loving all the Mastodon chatter here lately. Almost makes me want to do a marathon again.

1 minute ago, Chronos said:

Funny, one of the sagging "midway" songs is easily my fave on the album. Not only that, it's probably even a Top 5 track: Asleep in the Deep. 

I find it melancholy and kind of spooky.

oh so i went back and played the album i have to apologize cause i forgot all about Asleep in the Deep.  great song.  What really brings this album down is the final track.  it's basically a Scott Kelley lead.  and if Mastodon has a flaw it's their Scott Kelly obsession.  I HATE his "singing".

Mick

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

oh so i went back and played the album i have to apologize cause i forgot all about Asleep in the Deep.  great song.  What really brings this album down is the final track.  it's basically a Scott Kelley lead.  and if Mastodon has a flaw it's their Scott Kelly obsession.  I HATE his "singing".

Mick

💯!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Carole King - Tapestry.  I'm familiar with most of these songs, of course, but I had never banged out the whole album in one sitting before.  

Such a great classic!

• Like 4

Eve 6 - Eve 6

Eve 6 - Hyper Relevisation

Fugazi - Repeater

Gojira - Fortitude

Mastodon - Blood Mountain

• Like 1

During my 950 mile drive to north central WA I listened to...

Cheap Trick:  In Color, Heaven Tonight, Dream Police.  

April Wine: Harder/Faster, Nature of the Beast

Sting: Ten Summoners, Dream of the Blue Turtles

Plus the Zeppelin four disc boxed set

• Like 3

Tuesday and Wednesday:

Tiny Moving Parts - Celebrate
Traitors - The Hate Campaign
Traitors - Night Terrors (EP)
Traitors - Mental State
Traitors - Anger Issues
Traitors - Repent
Belmont - Vicissitude (EP)
Belmont - Between You And Me (EP) (Vinyl)
Belmont - Belmont (Vinyl)
Belmont - Reflections (EP) (Vinyl)
Belmont - Aftermath (Vinyl)

• Like 1