Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

On 4/30/2023 at 8:22 PM, bluefox4000 said:

Rush-Grace Under Pressure

If you were exspecting a miracle here......look elsewhere.

This album was agony.  i hit the skip button so mny times.  and i REALLY tried.  I just do not like this record at all.

well ok.......i like 3 songs.

Distant Early Warning

Afterimage

Between the Wheels.

And for such a dark album lyrically this sure sounds bright..... mixed hot and really AGGRESSIVELY shiny.

I also really don't like Alex's guitar here so damn shrill.

and you CAN'T say i'm not being open.  i lve albums i hated ALREADY so shut that stuff down right now.

This one just doesn't connect.

Mick

I rank GUP at No.3 in my overall Top

RUSH Albums .. above MP ! which I agree with you Mick is a tad over-rated :imo:

P/G is not as instant Mick as some of their other albums, but with repeated plays it might grow on you 🤞🙂

( It helps if you also happen to like The Police ! 🙃

• Like 1

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/30/2023 at 8:29 PM, bluefox4000 said:

it's ok......I'm wondering if i'm just gonna not like 80's Rush as much.

that'll be a fun twist. cause so far the only 80's one to get me legit OTT excited was signals.

Mick

I’ve got a feeling if you like Signals, you might also at least quite like Power Windows 🤞🙂

I reckon you’ll enjoy at least 

️ Big Money

️ Grand Designs ️ 

️ Marathon

️Territories

• Like 4

The Warning - ERROR

Twenty One Pilots - Vessel

The Used - In Love And Death

Sunny Day Real Estate - The Rising Tide

Rise Against - Siren Song Of The Counter Culture

Dillinger Escape Plan - Miss Machine

Devin Townsend - Ocean Machine: Biomech

• Like 2

Mastodon- Call Of The Mastodon

Mastodon- Remission 

Mastodon- Leviathan 

Mastodon- Blood Mountain

Mastodon- Crack The Skye 

This was a phenomenal run. However, I still feel slightly let down by Crack The Skye. The first four albums (well, COTM is a collection of EPs) are phenomenal,  mind melting metal. Crack The Skye...is superb but somehow not as intoxicating. But I think it's still a classic album, I just hold every Mastodon album so high that for me to be "disappointed" is to be really petty.

Will continue with their discography. I'm excited for The Hunter.

• Like 3

Mastodon- The Hunter 

It's fine. It's watered down and not all that interesting. I hoped I'd love this more than I realised, but I don't. Still my least favourite of their great discography. 

• Like 2

Now playing:

Mastodon- Once More 'Round The Sun

It's the reboot of The Hunter. I know some fans dislike this album but I don't understand how. Its a stronger, weirder album than The Hunter.

• Like 2

Third Eye Blind- Third Eye Blind 

Third Eye Blind- Blue 

Blue almost matches the debut for me. 

• Like 2

Third Eye Blind- Our Bande Apart 

Okay so this album is new and was released without me knowing. Thanks to Spotify, I found it. 

It's a mature album, I like it so far.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Now playing:

Mastodon- Once More 'Round The Sun

It's the reboot of The Hunter. I know some fans dislike this album but I don't understand how. Its a stronger, weirder album than The Hunter.

i like this album.  but i don't find it as uniformly strong as the Hunter.....just me.  i find i love the first 4 songs.  it sags midway.But picks up again at the last 3 songs.

still a great record though.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

i like this album.  but i don't find it as uniformly strong as the Hunter.....just me.  i find i love the first 4 songs.  it sags midway.But picks up again at the last 3 songs.

still a great record though.

Mick

The Hunter is an excellent example of a band slicking up their sound and not losing their identity. But unfortunately...I don't love one song on the album. In fact, for all its strengths I find it a very annoying listen. OMRTS is proggier and weirder, and I love it. But I can see either album being at the top or bottom of any lists.

I have great appreciation for all their albums, they have no misses for me (it's just dependent on taste what era you prefer).

I still love HaG. Can't wait to see how they go from there in future

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

The Hunter is an excellent example of a band slicking up their sound and not losing their identity. But unfortunately...I don't love one song on the album. In fact, for all its strengths I find it a very annoying listen. OMRTS is proggier and weirder, and I love it. But I can see either album being at the top or bottom of any lists.

I have great appreciation for all their albums, they have no misses for me (it's just dependent on taste what era you prefer).

i've been doing a relsten too (barring the first 2 records cause i'm just not in the mood for that agressiveness)  and i will say i'm find the 2 midpoint (i guess midpoint) albums the Hunter Once more and Emperor of Sand the "weakest".....note weakest in quotes.....period of the band for me.  Though i'm putting weakest in terms of like really pushing themselves.  alll our straightforward to me.  I feel H & G was needed refreasher and re-boot for lack of a better term for the band.

Though i still LOVE the hunter. my 2nd fav from a personal angle.

Mick

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Based on the setlist for their current tour, they may be going in a heavier direction. H&G is an awesome raw album. 

• Like 1

Rush- Moving Pictures 

Rush- Roll The Bones

And now:

Rush- Clockwork Angels 

My three most played Rush albums

• Like 8

Beyoncé- Lemonade 

R. Kelly- R.

Lemonade is in my top ten albums of the last decade.

I grew up loving rnb as much as metal. Loved R. Kelly. I'm actually ashamed I played this album today, he's a disgusting human being. But...I still love his music.

I feel dirty.

• Haha 1

Mastodon-Emperor of Sand (6/10)

Not my fav at all. Not bad....but i think the Band feels just a bit stale on here.  i think they needed an album to jump start them again.

i think they found it on the next album.

Mick

• Like 1