Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

6 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

The roger waters show was great but the whole time i was like......Roger.....Dave and Nick are alive they could be here!!!!!!

God roger and Dave are both stupid.

Mick

You are right, a proper Floyd tour could easily be done if egos could be put aside.  Could you imagine the draw?  Talk about a stadium tour.  With just them LOL!  An evening with.  FLOYDpalooza!

• Haha 2

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chronos said:

Cracktheskye.jpg

This was my favorite 'Don album for forever, but I'm currently reevaluating my rankings...

This actually disappointed me and I was put off Mastodon for years. But I came back to them in a big way around 2017 (same as Trivium and Machine Head, it was the year I fell for HEAVY METAL again), and now I love it.

Best thing is, I came to love all the albums I missed out on as well. I said Blood Mountain is my favourite, but thinking now, it might actually be Emperor Of Sand

• Like 1

Rush-Fly by Night

I have no idea why i was so cool on this back in the day.  This was awesome.

Anthem

Best I Can

Bytor

Beneath Between & Behind

Fly By Night

Making Memories

In the End

Everthing listed is top notch........but Rivendell can fukk right off.

So far my Rush ratio is

Signals is my fav....should have led off with it.  it's by far my fav.

Hemispheres is awsome

2112 is meh

Permanent Waves is good leaning great

and MP is still a tad overrated. but good i'm not dismissing it chil, lol

Fly By Night is a gem

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Rush-Fly by Night

I have no idea why i was so cool on this back in the day.  This was awesome.

Anthem

Best I Can

Bytor

Beneath Between & Behind

Fly By Night

Making Memories

In the End

Everthing listed is top notch........but Rivendell can fukk right off.

So far my Rush ratio is

Signals is my fav....should have led off with it.  it's by far my fav.

Hemispheres is awsome

2112 is meh

Permanent Waves is good leaning great

and MP is still a tad overrated. but good i'm not dismissing it chil, lol

Fly By Night is a gem

Mick

“We would begin the song, listening back, all kind of lying on the floor in front of the mixing console and we’d get to the end of the song and every single time one of us was sound asleep.” - Geddy on Rivendell

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, ST3V said:

“We would begin the song, listening back, all kind of lying on the floor in front of the mixing console and we’d get to the end of the song and every single time one of us was sound asleep.” - Geddy on Rivendell

lol i rember that Story:laugh:

yea i had to hit the skip button.  you have minutes ad minutes of hard prog rock greatness  prior than Rivendell just SITS on your chest and lays there.

Mick

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

lol i rember that Story:laugh:

yea i had to hit the skip button.  you have minutes ad minutes of hard prog rock greatness  prior than Rivendell just SITS on your chest and lays there.

Mick

Makes for great DnD music though, lol

• Like 1

Just now, Entre_Perpetuo said:

i can agree.  but Here's my take.  FBN as an album doesn't need a ballad.  it's doing just fine as is.  Keep it hard through and through i say.  At least it ends fantastically.

Mck

• Like 2

Rush-Caress of Steel

This one's always been a fav and it  remains so.  I like it so much more than 2112 it's not even close.

Bastile Day

Lakeside Park

The Necromancer

And Fountain of Lamneth just blows me back every time.  Also this album has some of Alex's most brutal solos.

i'm sorry but 2112 following this is like a major come down for me.....sue me but my feeligs are my feelings

Mick

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I straight up love Rivendell. Same as I do Madrigal 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chronos said:

Mastodon-The_Hunter.jpg

This one's always been a top 3 Mastodon release, but I think it might be slipping.

I may get funny looks for this...my least fave Mastodon album (and I LOVE IT)

• Like 1

Dream Theater-A View From The Top.....(10/10)

I have neverending patiance for this band.  atter 2 albums of iffy material for me (TA largly sucks, DoT is an oddity to me much in the vein of awake.  like  it but didn't leap about for it like some) i think i needed this.

Just Straight Foward DT doing What DT does and i love every minute.  im sure the next abum will make me g:banghead:  again, lol  and i really don't mind.  It' what makes this band oddly work.

Mick

• Like 3

Mastodon_-_once_more_'round_the_sun.jpg

I swear, the worst track on every 'Don album is the one in which Scott Kelly (of Neurosis fame) appears. Can't stand his vocals.

And yes, I felt this way before the recent revelation that he was physically, emotionally, and financially abusing his wife and children.

4 minutes ago, Chronos said:

I swear, the worst track on every 'Don album is the one in which Scott Kelly (of Neurosis fame) appears. Can't stand his vocals.

And yes, I felt this way before the recent revelation that he was physically, emotionally, and financially abusing his wife and children.

Me Either.  never understood their obsession with scott personal life aside.

Mick

54 minutes ago, Chronos said:

As a fan of Neurosis I don't have an issue! 

Angus McSix - Angus McSix and the Sword of Power

Was looking forward to this album and it did not thrill me but it was not bad either   Enjoyed "Mast of the Universe" and some of the other songs.  Have to give it another shot.

Must confess though, the cheese factor is massive.  I feel like I just consumed a musical fondu that had about 5 pounds of Swiss cheese in it.

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I straight up love Rivendell. Same as I do Madrigal 

Same here with Rivendell.  Madrigal I am not crazy about but I have no problems with it.  Its just ok for me.  But Rivendell - heck yes.  Just as with Tai Shan which I also really like a lot.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

Same here with Rivendell.  Madrigal I am not crazy about but I have no problems with it.  Its just ok for me.  But Rivendell - heck yes.  Just as with Tai Shan which I also really like a lot.

Although these three won't break my top 50 or 100 or whatever, I have zero issues with them. And Tai Shan is actually Lovely Wife's all-time fave Rush track. In '99ish we even named our yellow lab Tai after the song (may she rest in peace).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Did they all stampede back up for the rest of the show:laugh2:

i saw roger waters wal tour and i remember Another Brick came on and a bunch of foks eploded than sat on their hands till comfortably Numb than checked out AGAIN for the rest.

People like that kill me:laugh:

Mick

This has always bothered me and I never understood it. Perhaps it's because I've always been more of an all in fan. I don't go to see a band live unless I like and am familiar with the majority of their catalog. I understand that some people go to concerts with someone and they're not really a fan but I have seen things like this happen in too large of numbers over the years for all these people just to be tag along guy/girl. Why spend so much money on concert tickets if you only know the hits? I guess it boils down to people being lazy and not wanting to put in any effort. I understand that years ago it was harder to get to know a band's catalog since we had to buy everything. But in modern times where the full discography is easily accessible? There's really no reason to go to a concert and only know the hits. Do some show prep it helps with enjoying the show more if you actually know the songs.

• Like 2