Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

7 minutes ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

I’m soooo glad Mick that are very slowly falling back in :wub: again with the mighty 

:rush:
:yes:

listen i don't want anyone to think i'm not enjoying Rush Again.  i really am.  i'm just calling my honest reactions after not listening seriously for like 5 years:yes: The stuff i love i'm loving big time but i'm not gonna call  a song a diamond when i hear a turkey:laugh: not how i was raised. and modestly i love that about me.

but i'm gradually being re-introduced to the boys it's a process.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 4

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

it is not perfect to me but it is a weak 8/10 Strong 7/10 for me.  even though i'm not raking these re-listens.

But i did really enjoy it.

Mick

Re: MP ( my 3rd Fav :rush:  Album ) 

I agree with you that Vital Signs is over-rated.
for me it was at least an album too early 🤔 … I feel that if they’d have put it on Signals or GuP it would have made sense.

( I appreciate the boys were giving us a sneak preview of things to come)

To me the perfect Rush albums is

Hemispheres very,very closely followed by Permanent Waves. Both require repeated spins over a short-ish period of time

to be fully appreciated 🙂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

Re: MP ( my 3rd Fav :rush:  Album ) 

I agree with you that Vital Signs is over-rated.
for me it was at least an album too early 🤔 … I feel that if they’d have put it on Signals or GuP it would have made sense.

( I appreciate the boys were giving us a sneak preview of things to come)

To me the perfect Rush albums is

Hemispheres very,very closely followed by Permanent Waves. Both require repeated spins over a short-ish period of time

to be fully appreciated 🙂

Signals......i'm playing it now.  be prepared for a glowing review.  Man i should just started here.  Sneak peak  Signals rocks, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Rush-Signals

OH MY YES!!!!!!!/ why didn't i start right here.  There was a time this was my number 3  rush album.....for good fukkin' reason my friends.  this is such a cool album.  Honestly this was a much more fun experience than MP.

Subdivisions

Analog Kid

Chemistry (underrated banger hereguys!!!!)

Digital Man
New World Man (this song clicked after DECADES)

losing it (my fav actually)

I hear a lot of complaints Al is too far back here.  Maybe?  but is it a crime to say i don't  mind?  cause i don't!!!! the cool synths and textures make up for it.

this album just IGNITED ME for rush.  MP WHAT????? WHO?????/

i generally got a Rush high that i used to get with this album.  only song i'd ax.....Countdown.  Snozer.

Mick

• Like 8

4 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Rush-Signals

OH MY YES!!!!!!!/ why didn't i start right here.  There was a time this was my number 3  rush album.....for good fukkin' reason my friends.  this is such a cool album.  Honestly this was a much more fun experience than MP.

Subdivisions

Analog Kid

Chemistry (underrated banger hereguys!!!!)

Digital Man
New World Man (this song clicked after DECADES)

losing it (my fav actually)

I hear a lot of complaints Al is too far back here.  Maybe?  but is it a crime to say i don't  mind?  cause i don't!!!! the cool synths and textures make up for it.

this album just IGNITED ME for rush.  MP WHAT????? WHO?????/

i generally got a Rush high that i used to get with this album.  only song i'd ax.....Countdown.  Snozer.

Mick

Honestly, I think my top Rush albums are just the run from A Farewell To Kings to Signals. I will always advocate for Signals as the big standout of the synth era. Subdivisions is a classic, and Digital Man blows my mind every time.

Edited by Super25Smasher
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

Honestly, I think my top Rush albums are just the run from A Farewell To Kings to Signals. I will always advocate for Signals as the big standout of the synth era. Subdivisions is a classic, and Digital Man blows my mind every time.

yes as i said had i just started here i would have re-sold myself on Rush MUCH Faster:laugh:

I'll just say it i think it's better than MP but quite a margin.  I always said this was such a unique amazing and fun album.  Unfortunately i find the follow up GUP:puke:

I know a lot love GUP but the production on it went TOO far IMO

but that's for another review, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Prince-Contraversy (10/10)

I'l get back to rush but i needed a change of pace.  I saw a girl on youtube react to Do Me Baby (i never laughed so hard her poor innocent ears:laugh:)

But it made me reach for this album.

Funky 80's gem.

Mick

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Rush-Hemispheres

I wondered how iwas gonna take to the 70's uber prog screechy Lee era of Rush after time away.

Turns out.....i may prefer it at the moment given my recent prog dabbles with Yes and even Genesis.

The album is perfection all the way through.  The title song was hypnotic.  What a treat Circumstances is.  I forgot iis that it Even existed.....I told you i forgot things about Rush lol.  the hook is just awesome.

AND......is La villa Strangiato the best prog instrumental ever?

yes and if you state otherwise......your stupid:rush:

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Rush-Hemispheres

I wondered how iwas gonna take to the 70's uber prog screechy Lee era of Rush after time away.

Turns out.....i may prefer it at the moment given my recent prog dabbles with Yes and even Genesis.

The album is perfection all the way through.  The title song was hypnotic.  What a treat Circumstances is.  I forgot iis that it Even existed.....I told you i forgot things about Rush lol.  the hook is just awesome.

Mick

It's one of many Rush albums I deem perfect. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Rush-Hemispheres

Mick

Well I do prefer YYZ, but I love LVS!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Well I do prefer YYZ, but I love LVS!

Same

• Like 1

Scar Symmetry- Pitch Black Progress 

One of the best melo-death bands and albums from Sweden.