• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Yes-90125 (9/10)

Asia-Asia (6/10)

Yes Did it better!!!!

Asia......i don'tt why but they never click with me.

Mick

maybe check out some later Asia albums like Silent Nation or Arena. It's basically a completely different band in both sound and lineup so just try to think of it that way. thats when they began to get more proggy

• Like 1

Copeland- Beneath Medicine Tree

Simply perfect. I've always loved this album, but I feel its greater now than it was when it came out. Copeland never really won the acclaim they should have, but they have a cult fanbase, and this year's twentieth anniversary tour of this album seems to be getting them a little attention. If you want a combination of soulful, jazzy pop with a dash of Clarity-era Jimmy Eat World, you will love this.

Copeland- In Motion 

Shame on me for treating this band like a one album wonder! This is another beautiful album, one that has a different, more upbeat tone. Just exquisite. 

Copeland are special. 

• Like 1

Machine Head- The Blackening 

This album continues to blow me away. It's been doing that since 2008. Honestly, people call this the millennial Master Of Puppets. I think that's selling it short: it's vastly superior to that album.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

This album continues to blow me away. It's been doing that since 2008. Honestly, people call this the millennial Master Of Puppets. I think that's selling it short: it's vastly superior to that album.

Are you upset puppets did so well?

i'm sensing bitterness in Segue-y:laugh:

not that your wrong but.........wow, lol

Mick

Muse - Origin Of Symmetry

My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge

Coheed And Cambria - ….you already know which one

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I have been listening to this for the first time the last 30 minutes or so.  It's ok.  Not crazy about the vocal style though.

3 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Are you upset puppets did so well?

i'm sensing bitterness in Segue-y:laugh:

not that your wrong but.........wow, lol

Mick

Nah I just think it is time we started praising post-80s classics with the same level of reverence.

I also think Metallica aren't all that. (You can shush you don't like Rush and you're on a Rush forum 😋)

Edited by Segue Myles

Jethro_Tull_Rokflote.jpg

Two more listens -- one yesterday and one today -- in an effort to like it more. I can't say I dislike it. Overall, my opinion hasn't budged. 

Since I'm a language nerd, I enjoy the Old Norse lyrics in the opening and closing tracks.

• Like 3

Rush- Clockwork Angels 

Aging like one of those fine wines in Geddy's basement

• Like 6

Metallica- Master Of Puppets

You know what my issue with this album is? I can't hear it for the first time again, and remember the impact it once had. Am I cold on this album due to overplaying? Listening to it today,  it occurs to me that this might be the case. Did I ever love it like many metal fans do? No, I didn't. Did I replay Leper Messiah three times this afternoon because I realised what a great song it is? I did.

It's a classic for a reason, just not a favourite of mine. I really appreciated that this time.

Now playing:

Metallica- Ride The Lightning 

Okay now see, I've always rated this album super high. Still a massive fan!

• Like 2

Mister Mr.-Welcome to the Real World (7/10)

This album would be far better without the mechanical mid 80's production.  One album where the 80's is it's BAD point, lol

I prefer Richard's other band Pages FAR more.

Mick