Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beyond the Black - Heart of the Hurricane

Beyond the Black - Lost in Forever

From Heart of the Hurricane I would say the best song was "Fairytale of Doom" and the second best "Scream for Me".  Otherwise a rather forgettable album (IMO).

Lost in Forever stated fairly strong and then sort of ran out of steam.  The best song was either the title track, "Halo of the Dark", "Beyond the Mirror" or "Forget my Name".  All of those songs were right at the start of the album.  After that it became sort of a nothing album - esp. the second half of the album.

Glad I tried this group.  The lead singer has a good voice but other than their self titled (and most recent I believe) album I was not thrilled buy them.  Did not hate them but not a great spark there.  On to try something else....

8 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

1000% agree - loved this album when it came out.  Every song is awesome.  They were never able to replicate its greatness although (IMO) Streets comes verrrrryyyy close.  Its also a masterpiece.  Great concept album but the individual songs are not as great the individual songs on Hall of the Mountain King.  In fact, I used to rank Streets even above this and only in recent years have I come to reverse  my ranking - which is an indication of the strength of both albums for me.  Its also an indication of my getting to appreciate the songs on Hall even more as I have aged, not that Streets has not aged well - it has aged well for me.

Yes, its a masterpiece that we were very lucky to get.  I understand that the band was broke when they did the record and considering braking up.  Their producer for the album contacted them and told them he would pay their bills while they did the album because he saw something in them and thought they had a great album in them.  Arn't we lucky?!

Streets was my first album by them, but I'd rate it fairly low these days. I'd put this, Gutter Ballet, Sirens and Edge Of Thorns higher. One of my favourite bands and discographies

Iced Earth- Something Wicked This Way Comes 

• Like 1

Beyoncé- Lemonade

Still love this album.

Bruce Springsteen- The River 

Oh I miss Springsteen. I'm game for a deep dive! This album has my soul.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Decided to do some more exploring of a band that is on my list to check out.

Beyond the Black - Beyond the Black

Beyond the Black - Horizons

Beyond the Black - Songs of Love and Death

From the self titled album I thought "Dancing in the Dark" was the best song.  I heard it might be a cover of the Springstein song but thankfully it was not.  For a second best song, it s a tie between "Into the Light" and "Is there anybody out there".  Overall its a decent pop metal album.  Good vocals.

From Horizons I would say the best song is a 3 way tie between "Some Kind of Monster", "Human" & "Welcome to My Wasteland".  That being said, none of the 3 are very good and the album overall went way to much in a pop direction for me.  Nothing else is really even worth listening to.  Not an album I would bother listing to again.

From Song of Love and Death I would say my favorite song was "In the Shadows".  2nd favorite is a 3 way tie between "Pearl in a World of Dirt", the title track, & "Numb".  Again, good vocals.  Ok album.  Not wiled about the band but I will at least check out some more of their work.  

Their self titled album (their most recent album) is clearly the best album they have done.

I never could get into them. Glad you are giving them a fair chance!

3 minutes ago, Turbine Freight said:

TheDoorsTheDoorsalbumcover.jpg

This album and Strange Days are just the best. I love all the Morrison albums but they struck gold on the first two. Sometimes I think I prefer SD.