Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Iced Earth- Iced Earth 

People hate the vocals. I think they fit, the album soundtracks a lot of my fantasy reading perfectly. I forgot how much I love this record, When The Night Falls is epic, I played this song three times in a row. 

Iced Earth- Night Of The Stormrider 

The second album has a new vocalist. Again, fans hate on this. I don't get why, the same fans likely listen to tonnes of thrash with vocals of equal or far lesser vocal performances. I just love this album. They did a rerecording of a lot of songs of these first two albums with their third singer, the beloved Mat Barlow. I hate that album, the songs lack the atmosphere of the originals.

Iced Earth- Burnt Offerings

Their first with Mat Barlow and an absolute masterpiece. Had great fun with these albums! 

I am glad as after Jon Schafer made it clear what a twunt he is, I thought it would cloud my enjoyment of his music. I can separate the art from the artist in this case.

• Like 1

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Iced Earth- Iced Earth 

People hate the vocals. I think they fit, the album soundtracks a lot of my fantasy reading perfectly. I forgot how much I love this record, When The Night Falls is epic, I played this song three times in a row. 

Iced Earth- Night Of The Stormrider 

The second album has a new vocalist. Again, fans hate on this. I don't get why, the same fans likely listen to tonnes of thrash with vocals of equal or far lesser vocal performances. I just love this album. They did a rerecording of a lot of songs of these first two albums with their third singer, the beloved Mat Barlow. I hate that album, the songs lack the atmosphere of the originals.

Iced Earth- Burnt Offerings

Their first with Mat Barlow and an absolute masterpiece. Had great fun with these albums! 

I am glad as after Jon Schafer made it clear what a twunt he is, I thought it would cloud my enjoyment of his music. I can separate the art from the artist in this case.

Who hates on Stormrider? As far as I can tell all the fans love it. By the way, the live version of When The Night Falls with Barlow is ten times better than the original.

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Who hates on Stormrider? As far as I can tell all the fans love it. By the way, the live version of When The Night Falls with Barlow is ten times better than the original.

Absolutely love the live version with Mat! But for me the original studio version is the best and most atmospheric.

Just not that studio redo album

And a lot of fans I have seen on old forums and online act like anything without Barlow is BAD

Edited by Segue Myles

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Absolutely love the live version with Mat! But for me the original studio version is the best and most atmospheric.

Just not that studio redo album

And a lot of fans I have seen on old forums and online act like anything without Barlow is BAD

I wonder how those fans feel about Stu Block? He was the best overall singer the band had. He could do justice to both the Barlow and Ripper stuff equally.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - One Hot Minute

In all my chili pepper years, I never gave this one a chance. Pleasant, I enjoy at least half of it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I wonder how those fans feel about Stu Block? He was the best overall singer the band had. He could do justice to both the Barlow and Ripper stuff equally.

The fans I speak too on Reddit and Facebook, generally, love him as a front man but his albums? Mixed.

I personally wasn't the biggest fan of their last album, but it does get better every time I come back to it.

Personally glad someone else thinks Stu is the best they had. Ripper would have been great I think had he lasted but who knows, he has a great voice but never seems to settle in a band long enough to find his own niche. Either that or he's all style no substance.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 8:03 PM, Chronos said:

I explored a couple of random songs and although I don't think St. Etienne is for me, I love checking out unknown-to-me stuff I run into here!

I have found many albums and artists that I never would have listened to, through this site!

I love the sound of this album both sonically and her voice.  The conversational pieces throughout the album make it feel like I'm part of the scene.  

• Like 3

Jimmy Eat World- Futures 

Jimmy Eat World- Integrity Blues

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Jimmy Eat World- Futures 

Jimmy Eat World- Integrity Blues

Did anyone ask Jimmy what it tasted like? And since he ate the whole world isn't he eating shit and puke as well? Dirty Jimmy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Did anyone ask Jimmy what it tasted like? And since he ate the whole world isn't he eating shit and puke as well? Dirty Jimmy!

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

On 4/3/2023 at 8:58 PM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Count Basie - Basie Straight Ahead

Ornette Coleman - Change Of The Century

Thelonious Monk - Criss-Cross

Genesis - Nursery Cryme

Ellesmere - Wyrd

Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables

No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom

Nektar - Remember The Future

Looks like you may be stuck in a rut musically.

:biggrin:

• Haha 1

The Get Up Kids- Something To Write Home About

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goose said:

Looks like you may be stuck in a rut musically.

:biggrin:

I’m in a groove now

or is it a rut?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Radiohead - In_Rainbows

Wilco - Star Wars

Gabrielle Aplin - Phosphorescent

Coldplay - Parachutes

Atticus Finch - This Is Where We Came From (Redux)

Atticus Finch - Off The Grid

Atticus Finch - View From Higher Ground EP

Infant Sorrow - Get Him To The Greek (Soundtrack from the Motion Picture)

Attack Attack! - This Means War

Piece of trivia: Duke by Genesis, posted above, was the 100th different album I've listened to so far this calendar year.

Yes, I always keep track :tongue:

• Like 5